'No Tesco In Glastonbury' facebook group

Guest scorp

Tesco already has a store in nearby Street. Now the company, which has a dubious track record in ethics, is eyeing up Glastonbury, which is a very small town [population just 8,500 that is dominated by small traders - and one supermarket [Morrisons] that is quickly walked to from the town centre. A Tesco supermarket will severely damage the viability of Morrisons and force people to drive to the new Tesco, if it is built. Please help by joining the fb group, where there is a list of links showing Tesco's dubious ethical practices. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=139142499448590

I don't tend to shop at Tesco's, but will use it if necessary.

It used to be the closest supermarket to work so I'd go and buy my sandwiches from there, but only because I didn't have time to go elsewhere to buy sandwiches, except the on-site cafeteria which had rip off prices.

I do often buy my petrol from Tescos, as this is cheaper and ethically preferable to buying it from Esso, Texaco and BP.

It used to be the closest supermarket to work so I'd go and buy my sandwiches from there, but only because I didn't have time to go elsewhere to buy sandwiches, except the on-site cafeteria which had rip off prices.

I do often buy my petrol from Tescos, as this is cheaper and ethically preferable to buying it from Esso, Texaco and BP.

And Greenenergy just buy up all the crap fuel that didn't make the grade for the big forecourt suppliers (just like most supermarket petrol). Anyone remember the Tesco petrol thing a few years ago where loads of cars got damaged by the poor fuel they were delivering?

I work for Tesco - at least I did until Glastonbury. On my return I found no job and I'd been replaced! For personal reasons I am boycotting them and quite frankly they can f uck off.

I work for Tesco - at least I did until Glastonbury. On my return I found no job and I'd been replaced! For personal reasons I am boycotting them and quite frankly they can f uck off.

There was a huge campaign in Bath to stop a Tesco Express opening 2 doors down from a small grocery store which had been there for over 100 years. Bless the owner of that store, he managed to keep it going for two years, but had to shut down a couple of months ago. He was a really funny bloke :(

are you really that naive to think Sainsbury is any better??? They had fairly crap management in the last decade hence their comparative lack of success. given the chance they would do exactly the same....

If you really want to make a difference use your local greengrocer, fishmonger and butcher or get your stuff from local farms.