Anyone get to see toy story 3D at glasto?

Guest modey

Yep, the queues were a bit mad for the 11am one and went right out of the gate at the bottom of the field, up to the accoustic tent and back round to the cinema! We never got in that one but it was so hot we couldn't be bothered walking around any more so we hung around for the 1pm show. Top film by the way much better than I thought it was going to be. Can't wait to take my daughter now. :)

This is not meant as a dig, but I really don't get why anyone would want to go and spend an hour or two watching a film at Glasto - especially as the weather was so lovely? :huh:

You can watch films anytime, and there is so much more to do that you don't get in everyday life.

I find that several days of constant gigging takes it's toll - it's nice to take a couple of hours out every now and then and sit down to watch something, which is why I occasionally go and watch some cinema type stuff when at Glastonbury. Same goes for the weather, yes it was beautiful sunshine but I was out in it for a whole week, and I'm still recovering from it!

Whenever a thread about the film line-up or cinema tent comes up there’s always cries of ‘why would you do that?’

I only went twice but both times it was bloody brilliant.

On Thursday spent all day wandering the site and having a few drinks, decided to go see the banksy film at 11, had a few more beers during it with mates then all headed out to Shangri-la. And had an amazing night.

Sunday morning, woke up and lay in the shade by the cinema tent from 8:30. might seem crazy but we were 5th in the queue, if anything I was too cold in the shade that morning, it was amazing after the whole Saturday spent in the sun. And then got to see an amazing film ages before it comes out.

Stepped out of the tent just before 1 and the 5 hours spent out of the sun put me in a great mood and had me feeling great for the rest of the day.

There were absolutely no clashes at the times they were on and I really love watching films so it was great for me.

Might not be for everyone, but everything’s better at Glastonbury, getting a drink with friends, sitting about, having a dance, having a bimble around. So if you like films and going to the cinema then it’s time very well spent.

yep saw the second viewing at about 1. joined the queue for the first one at about 10ish and was about 20 people from the front after it was full so thought sod it and had a couple of beers whilst waiting in the queue and chatted to other people.

Only one sour point was being told at about half 12, by the security 'manager' that they would allow 700 kids and parents in first and then 300 adults!!! I was not happy and told her as much, to then be told that if i didnt like it i could leave as it was a 'kiddies film' even though me and the wife had been waiting there for 3 hours in the sun to see it! forutnaly she was shot down by the other security guards and we were all allowed in at the same time.

awesome file btw :)

Didn't get into the first showing but waited for the second. Well wort it, especially as it meant I missed the start of the football!

Great film and a real treat to see it well ahead of its UK release.

As above, I went because I'm a bit of a film nerd as well as a music nerd. We had been walking about doing stuff in that weather for 4 days and it just happened that there was nothing we were particularly bothered about doing Sunday daytime as we knew it was going to be a heavy night. The chance to see the last film in a trilogy that I first went to the cinema to see 14 years ago was a bonus. Especially when by the time it comes out for real I will be in the Middle East working and probably won't be home to get to go until mid september! :)

Never went and seen it unfortunately... didn't get up early enough so ended up just going for a stroll around the site and checking out the cabaret and circus stuff. Some of my friends did though and said it was amazing if a tad sad at some points.

To everyone mumbling on about why would you go watch a movie at glastonbury etc etc.

Why did aprox 80,000 festival goers go watch England get thrashed 4-1 by Germany? not seen a thread or moan about that yet.

yep saw the second viewing at about 1. joined the queue for the first one at about 10ish and was about 20 people from the front after it was full so thought sod it and had a couple of beers whilst waiting in the queue and chatted to other people.

Only one sour point was being told at about half 12, by the security 'manager' that they would allow 700 kids and parents in first and then 300 adults!!! I was not happy and told her as much, to then be told that if i didnt like it i could leave as it was a 'kiddies film' even though me and the wife had been waiting there for 3 hours in the sun to see it! forutnaly she was shot down by the other security guards and we were all allowed in at the same time.

awesome file btw :)

that was some mad queue!

I wondered along expecting to walk in and saw a queue along the path expecting it to be the usual big shower queue then followed it into the cinema field where it looped up around the acoustic tent and all the way back to where i'd come from and couldn't believe it.

Asked one of the stewards if she thought everyone would get in and she said she wasn't sure but it holds 1100 people.

Must have been about 4,000+ queuing up to get in as definately more didn't get in than did.

I walked back telling people they wouldn't get in and someone said "what about the second showing".

I definately wouldn't be standing in a queue for 1 1/2 hours while the first showing is on to get in there!

that was some mad queue!

I wondered along expecting to walk in and saw a queue along the path expecting it to be the usual big shower queue then followed it into the cinema field where it looped up around the acoustic tent and all the way back to where i'd come from and couldn't believe it.

Asked one of the stewards if she thought everyone would get in and she said she wasn't sure but it holds 1100 people.

Must have been about 4,000+ queuing up to get in as definately more didn't get in than did.

I walked back telling people they wouldn't get in and someone said "what about the second showing".

I definately wouldn't be standing in a queue for 1 1/2 hours while the first showing is on to get in there!