Guy in ticket queue in front of me, ejected

Guest brandycoke

In all honesty it should go a bit like this. Take your face, ticket with face on to entry gate, nice person gives you wrist band . You hand over your ticket. You now have a wristband which will not come off, you have proved once you are legitimately there as you have matched your face with your ticket. Therefore, as you have a wristband you can now come and go as you please. No tickets, passouts etc to pass on to anyone and I don't have to constantly remember where I have put my ticket and wristband and face for that matter when I need to get to and from my bed in the campervan fields. Any idea how annoying it is to get to the bottom of that hill and realise you've left your ticket and pass out in E13!!!!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to see what some of you freeeeaaaks who've written acutually get up to when your at glastonbury, stand by security and beg for a go on their walkie talkies "aw please mistah" or perhaps go round the food stands making sure everyone is getting the correct amount of non-heinz ketchup on their burger&chips "the fooking price of that"! I mean you have to do something once the debates in Leftfield are done and for the life of me i just cant figure out how you people actually enjoy yourselfs..........

I'm hoping to go next year with a few friends from Glasgow as T in the Park is full of pickpocketing Ned scum. Anyway we'd all be 16/17 but one would want to bring his brother who would be 15. Would he have any trouble getting in because none of us would be 18.

I'd hate to see what some of you freeeeaaaks who've written acutually get up to when your at glastonbury, stand by security and beg for a go on their walkie talkies "aw please mistah" or perhaps go round the food stands making sure everyone is getting the correct amount of non-heinz ketchup on their burger&chips "the fooking price of that"! I mean you have to do something once the debates in Leftfield are done and for the life of me i just cant figure out how you people actually enjoy yourselfs..........

I'm hoping to go next year with a few friends from Glasgow as T in the Park is full of pickpocketing Ned scum. Anyway we'd all be 16/17 but one would want to bring his brother who would be 15. Would he have any trouble getting in because none of us would be 18.

I disagree with the rules should be followed bit. Some rules are there because on paper they have to be there, but in reality, most people don't bother with them, because it's more just covering their back than something that actualy makes sense. It's like Over 18 gigs, 9 times out of 10 you get in no bother at 16-17.

I wouldn't realy consider myself a minor at 15, nor would I realy consider a 15 year old a minor in the sense of going to a field, pitching a tent and going to see some bands. My first festival was when I was 15, I could handle myself fine. Luckily my parents are pretty laid back and understood these things.

i know of a couple of groups who work south of the railway line(not my posse btw) who always smuggle a couple of extra workers in as there are not enough tickets available , the smugglees arrive the sat before and work their butts off before and after the festival for no pay creating stuff for everyone to enjoy. i can't condemn them for that. they put much more into the festival than the ticket price.

I too would like to emphasise BUY THE INSURANCE if you can afford it. I nearly couldn't go last year with about 2 weeks notice. Made it in the end, partly because it was go or £200 down the swanny, but I very nearly took the ebay route. Really didn't want to but seriously couldn't see any other way out at the time really. Tried to transfer the ticket to a mates son but, of course, they can't transfer the ticket to "your mates son" because "your mates son" could have paid you £1k for the ticket or something, and that is touting. I got the OK to go on the Monday before the fest. I will always take the insurance in future. My friends also took it out this year having seen my predicament the year before. I think it was £4 per person this year. Might think twice if they took the mickey price wise though.

Does anyone know, if someone turns up with an ebay/someone elses ticket, is there any follow up regarding barring the original ticket holder or the owner of the debit card used from the registration system or anything? Now don't get me wrong please. I know that may sound a bit harsh (or indeed unworkable), but as others on here have noted, if JBloggs realises he can register his mate who's not going, stick said ticket on ebay and get his beer money at no personal risk, then him and all his mates may do the same next year.

Should I ever find myself in the predicament of not being able to go at the last minute and losing £200 again (which I won't, as I will take the insurance), the thought of never being able to register for Glastonbury again would almost certainly deter me from passing/selling the ticket on.

I was a steward/security this year, we had about an hour breifing on wristbands and entry to the site/certain areas. Everybody on the glasto site needed a wristband on including artists, customers, workers, vips, delivery drivers if they got out the van etc. If someone was found not to have a wristband on they were approach by security.

They ran out of certain wristbands, for example if I worked in purple area, to get to the sound area, back stage, staff camping in shangri-la you needed a staff wrist band that said shangri-la on it and a purple wristband. They also had a lanyard with id on it, that we checked if they did not have shangri-la/purple wristbands. It became complicated when they ran out of wristbands, and they dont hand out lanyards to certain members of staff. The general rule was 2 out of the possible 3 passes (coloured wristband, staff wristband and/or id on lanyard). To further complicate it certain companies/people were allowed in restricted areas yet they had the same passes/wristbands on as everyone else.