Guy in ticket queue in front of me, ejected

Guest brandycoke

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hardly a surprise that people want to jump the fence I think most people would give it a little thought if they had exhausted all proper means of obtaining a ticket. I know people who used to jump the fence prior the superfence and they certainly arent thieves or scumbags.

I could understand someone grassing on some idiots being violent or thieves, but grassing up a family for not having wristbands is well out of order, its a nasty spiteful thing to do. Next it will be grassing people up for smoking weed. If the person who done it is so proud of themselves why didnt they boast about it over the weekend when everyone could see their face, im pretty sure of the response they would have got.

Considering how high the fence is and the seurity towers etc the numbers getting over must very limited, so the bandless must be coming through the gates which means there is either a break down in the entry procedures or staff are letting people in, either way the responsibilty lies with GFL.

Its hardly a surprise that people want to jump the fence I think most people would give it a little thought if they had exhausted all proper means of obtaining a ticket. I know people who used to jump the fence prior the superfence and they certainly arent thieves or scumbags.

I could understand someone grassing on some idiots being violent or thieves, but grassing up a family for not having wristbands is well out of order, its a nasty spiteful thing to do. Next it will be grassing people up for smoking weed. If the person who done it is so proud of themselves why didnt they boast about it over the weekend when everyone could see their face, im pretty sure of the response they would have got.

Considering how high the fence is and the seurity towers etc the numbers getting over must very limited, so the bandless must be coming through the gates which means there is either a break down in the entry procedures or staff are letting people in, either way the responsibilty lies with GFL.

What utter idiot bollocks. :rolleyes:

If you get burgled, do you say it's your fault?

Then similarly, it's not Glasto's fault if some of their staff turn out to be less than honest. The festival has procedures at the gates that work 100% if applied properly, and - as the Oxfam steward says above - they make checks so that as much as is practically possible they know those procedures are working as they should be.

As for 'grassing' on the unticketed, while I'm not sure that it's something I'd do (even tho I have a proper grasp on why unticketed entry is so wrong for the festival, unlike you), I'm not going to condemn others for doing so. The festival is only able to work because of the integrity of everything around it - if the attitude from all directions is the same as your own "I don't give a f**k about the festival", then there is no festival.

There might be aspects of the festival that we'd rather weren't there, but the very attendance of each and every one of us is definitive proof that we'd rather there was a festival with those conditions than no festival at all.

One further point about these eBay touts saying, "They don't check photo IDs". Do they seriously think the festival aren't *reading* that????? So naturally their immediate response is to make damn sure the stewards DO check the photos. The Oxfam stewards are being monitored both overtly and covertly to check they're doing their job properly.

We even had some people come up with tickets where they were a man, and the photo was a woman, and vice versa. Those people spent a lot of money and travelled a long way just to be sent away again.

On the Friday we discovered that forged Easy Pass Out wristbands were being sold. Details of how to spot the forgeries (it wasn't hard if you knew what to look for) were quickly radio'd out to the stewards, and a lot of those forged wristbands were detected and the wearers kicked out.

I've heard mention on this thread of stewards who were offering to let people in for £20 or whatever. I can't guarantee that hasn't happened, but any Oxfam steward doing so would face a huge risk. They're in a busy area with lots of other stewards around, usually working in pods of 2 or 3 stewards, and with plenty of supervisors, gate monitors and security around. It really wouldn't be easy to do this without drawing attention to yourself, and I'm not aware of any Oxfam stewards being caught doing it.

In summary, come into Glasto with a legitimate ticket, or not at all.

Well we went in with three tickets bought off of ebay for face value, as the three original buyers didn't attend we were not increasing the legal attendance numbers, as we paid face value off of people whom could no longer attend they did not profit from our purchase. The pictures on tickets imho are to cut down on touting not fence jumping, the higher more secure fence is to prevent fence junpers. In years gone by fence jumpers numbered into 100000's and the overcrowding was obvious. More people this year? Probably down to the boil in the bag conditions in most peoples tents making it very uncomfortable in their tents thus getting out and about earlier for longer.

A wristband on it's own is not alot of good for re-entry you need your pass out and ticket with to gain re-entry without a lot of checking. A friend got in by being put in a large tent bag and wheeled through on a set of sack trucks... It would have been impossible to count him as being an extra once through the gates, as there are no turnstiles inside the site so it can only be guessed at how many made it onto the site without tickets. We checked his pockets on the way out and couldn't find anything so maybe more of a trespasser than a thief me thinks :O:P:D

Well we went in with three tickets bought off of ebay for face value, as the three original buyers didn't attend we were not increasing the legal attendance numbers, as we paid face value off of people whom could no longer attend they did not profit from our purchase. The pictures on tickets imho are to cut down on touting not fence jumping, the higher more secure fence is to prevent fence junpers.

While I accept that you believe you buying from eBay wasn't increasing the numbers on site, that's not actually something that necessarily holds true.

From posts made around this time last year, people who arrived at site saying they'd lost their ticket were provided with legitimate means of entry if their purchase could be proven, and in fact they believed they had that right of entry despite not having their ticket as the tickets have ID on them and are sold as not transferable.

The problem does exist though of last minute accidents or reasonings that mean you can no longer go. If two days before I couldn't go to TITP, Leeds, Download, etc, then I'd be able to sell my ticket or give my ticket to a friend.

If it happened at Glasto, it's be a wasted ticket. :(

The problem does exist though of last minute accidents or reasonings that mean you can no longer go. If two days before I couldn't go to TITP, Leeds, Download, etc, then I'd be able to sell my ticket or give my ticket to a friend.

If it happened at Glasto, it's be a wasted ticket. :(

Yep, but that's how Glasto work it. They're entitled to run thing in the way they want to.

All of this is made perfectly clear, and they suggest taking out insurance as a way to cover the loss of the ticket money if a person finds themselves unable to attend after all.

It might not suit everyone, but neither do tickets being bought by touts and then touted for stupid money while denying legitimate buyers the chance of a face value ticket, &/or the many rip-off websites that exist to scam those who want TITP/V/Reading/Leeds/Download tickets (I've had a lot of people contact me about having been scammed in the last few days).

Eavis cares about his customers enough to ensure they get the deal as he offers it, which is more than can be said for those other festivals - they just want their tickets sold, and they don't care much how the selling of those tickets impacts back on their customers.

Yep, but that's how Glasto work it. They're entitled to run thing in the way they want to.

All of this is made perfectly clear, and they suggest taking out insurance as a way to cover the loss of the ticket money if a person finds themselves unable to attend after all.

It might not suit everyone, but neither do tickets being bought by touts and then touted for stupid money while denying legitimate buyers the chance of a face value ticket, &/or the many rip-off websites that exist to scam those who want TITP/V/Reading/Leeds/Download tickets (I've had a lot of people contact me about having been scammed in the last few days).

Eavis cares about his customers enough to ensure they get the deal as he offers it, which is more than can be said for those other festivals - they just want their tickets sold, and they don't care much how the selling of those tickets impacts back on their customers.

I know what you mean, but it would be good if there was a way that this could be solved.

They seem to be able to print of replacement tickets which is a fantastic idea. I don't know how they'd work it to change a pic last minute for someone else.

The picture thing is definatily a good idea though for touting reasons.

They allow tickets to be returned for a full refund - something no other festival does that I'm aware of - up until the last day they feel they can work by to be able to resell the ticket and have it printed and sent out for the new buyer.

Expecting them to be able to work the system they do right up until a few days before the festival is unrealistic.

They allow tickets to be returned for a full refund - something no other festival does that I'm aware of - up until the last day they feel they can work by to be able to resell the ticket and have it printed and sent out for the new buyer.

Expecting them to be able to work the system they do right up until a few days before the festival is unrealistic.

To be fair I did not that, but the point still stands that alot of people are left with tickets they can not use

While they might not be able to use via circumstances, they don't lose out financially if they take out the insurance that Glastonbury suggests they do.

So there's no loss, unless they've made the deliberate choice to take the risk of them having a loss.

What utter idiot bollocks. :rolleyes:

If you get burgled, do you say it's your fault?

Then similarly, it's not Glasto's fault if some of their staff turn out to be less than honest. The festival has procedures at the gates that work 100% if applied properly, and - as the Oxfam steward says above - they make checks so that as much as is practically possible they know those procedures are working as they should be.

As for 'grassing' on the unticketed, while I'm not sure that it's something I'd do (even tho I have a proper grasp on why unticketed entry is so wrong for the festival, unlike you), I'm not going to condemn others for doing so. The festival is only able to work because of the integrity of everything around it - if the attitude from all directions is the same as your own "I don't give a f**k about the festival", then there is no festival.

There might be aspects of the festival that we'd rather weren't there, but the very attendance of each and every one of us is definitive proof that we'd rather there was a festival with those conditions than no festival at all.

While I accept that you believe you buying from eBay wasn't increasing the numbers on site, that's not actually something that necessarily holds true.

From posts made around this time last year, people who arrived at site saying they'd lost their ticket were provided with legitimate means of entry if their purchase could be proven, and in fact they believed they had that right of entry despite not having their ticket as the tickets have ID on them and are sold as not transferable.

Im not sure how you get your burglar point from what I wrote. but to answer it, If I went out and left my door open and asked someone I didn't know to keep an eye on it came back and found I was burgled, then yes its my fault.

Im not sure how you get your burglar point from what I wrote. but to answer it, If I went out and left my door open and asked someone I didn't know to keep an eye on it came back and found I was burgled, then yes its my fault.

I don't agree with that one bit.

But anyway, putting that aside, Glastonbury do not "leave the door open". They do all they possibly can (short of making gaining access so difficult that the attendees wouldn't stand for it. Just consider the moans about queues this year!) to ensure the integrity of the entry systems. Any problems are not down to what they do, but are down to the dishonesty of some of the people they employ.

Until such time as there's a wonderful machine that's able to point out the dodgy before they're caught doing something dodgy there's little that can be done about any dishonest staff before they're caught.

All I was saying is that I can understand why people would take a risk on jumping the fence, it an amazing place that most us love.

I also have a perfectly good grasp of why breaking the license conditions would jeopardize the festival, I managed public events for 14 years have lots of experience of dealing with licensing officers and procedures. If the council do their secret checks and find out there are some staff (obviously a tiny minority) who are letting people in, do you think they are going to say it has nothing to do with gfl of course not, they will say its their responsibility. As long as demand outstrips supply, people will always try and get in somehow.

As for not giving a f**k about the festival I have gone through the joy/hell of ticket day every year since 02 like everyone else, paid my money left no trace and never pissed in hedge and never dropped any litter, my politics are closer aligned to the festivals then a lot of the people I see posting on here, and definitely more so then a lot of people on site

I think anyone who loves the festival and has any consideration for others would feel sorry with someone getting chucked out.

:rolleyes:

I love the festival. I have consideration for others. I don't feel sorry for anyone that gets chucked out because they don't have a ticket. I do feel sorry for those who tried to get a ticket but couldn't, and who don't attend because of it.

Consideration is not necessarily a one-way thing. Your "consideration" of that ticketless person is at the same time a non-consideration of those who buy tickets and stick within the rules, and of the festival itself.

Those who buy tickets are doing nothing by that which risks the enjoyment of other ticketholders - that's REAL consideration of others - while those that get in without a ticket are having no consideration for the possible effects of their actions. A "me me me" mentality does not have consideration anywhere within it. :rolleyes:

I thought that the reason why tickets are scanned on entry was to avoid this sort of duplication. Is this not the case?

As far as I'm aware (tho know I could be wrong) the tickets are not scanned for uniqueness.

But anyway, if they are, selling tickets via eBay becomes a fraudster's charter. Someone could sell their ticket, then turn up and claim they've lost it, and get a duplicate and get in, and when the buyer turns up later they'd find they'd bought a useless ticket.