Tequila, it makes me happy...

Guest MissB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<slightly tongue in cheek this>... Do you think as a vegetarian I should drink tequila? I love it... but the other week I saw a bottle with a worm in it and for the first time I thought "ooppps".

What do you think? :)

<slightly tongue in cheek this>... Do you think as a vegetarian I should drink tequila? I love it... but the other week I saw a bottle with a worm in it and for the first time I thought "ooppps".

What do you think? :)

Have just recently been tutored in this, but the stuff to buy is 100% Agave. Anything else is mixed with a cheaper alcohol and that's what gives you the nasty time. This works brilliantly and there's no hangover. You can get this in silver or gold in Waitrose for £15.99

Anyone out there a tequila expert? I want to take some this year but don't want to take utter rubbish so can anyone recommend a decent tequila that's available to buy, preferably in a supermarket but failing that in big London.

I tried to make a litre of Bloody Mary one year which was completely rancid and plan this year to fail miserably at traditional tequila shots also. :P

Edited by Ponyegg

Jose Cuervo, or Sierra I normally go for. I don't really know many other brands but those two go down well. One which I tried recently was an American made one with a cowboy on the front... don't buy it, its god awful! I had to carry my friend home that night :S

I've bought online from here before:

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/produ...st.php?catid=78

The Tres Generacion is very nice I'd agree, I quite like Sauza's Hornitos in margaritas as well. 'd heartily suggest getting one of the Jose Quervoz Grand Familia though, expensive but uttrly sublime, aged in french White Oak it's got great vanilla flavours like a good cognac.. My local pub has it in stock (primarily for me) and I love giving it to people and seeing if they can tell what spirit it is ;-)

Have just recently been tutored in this, but the stuff to buy is 100% Agave. Anything else is mixed with a cheaper alcohol and that's what gives you the nasty time. This works brilliantly and there's no hangover. You can get this in silver or gold in Waitrose for £15.99

As promised, here's a photo of some of my tequilas (most of the nice ones at least):

tequila.jpg

So you've got here:

1921 (plata)

Centenario Reposado

Centenario Plata

Sauza Hornitos (reposado)

Tres Genercions Plata

Patron Silver

Patron Reposado

Casa Noble Plata

Porfidio Plata

Corralejo Reposado

El Tosoro Reposado

Jose Quervo Grand Familia Anejo (the yellow/black box behind it is what it comes in)

Herradura Plata

Don Julio Anejo

7 Leguas Blanco

Don JulioReposado

Jose Cuervo Tradicional

All told about £600+ (jesus, that's the first time I counted it all up!!!) there's abnout another 10 bottles of various mixtos and Mescals. Not sure what the vintage is on the Night Nurse though :-)

We could always have a tequila tasting session at one of the meets :-) I'll be happy to breing along the 1921 and the 7 Leguas.

Edited by Ponyegg

Took Lidl tequila to Glasto last year, f**king awful stuff. Will spend a bit more on the dancing juice this time round :D

Not tequila, but has anyone here tried Spirytus? A couple of mates introduced me to it, 95% ABV vodka. FFS, whatever you do, don't think 'can't be THAT bad.' Brutal, brutal hangover...