General News Discussion

Guest Atlanteanlost

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they said in no uncertain words she wasn't disciplined or criticised... Which I found personally hard to believe. It would of been some what natural to have said at least ... WTF did you do that for etc...

yep - (the bit bolded) is what I was getting at. I wasn't necessarily suggesting they'd gone further than what you describe as a 'some what natural' response.

i'm pro gun, in the USA certainly. it is in the constitution. Its not going to be a very popular viewpoint, particularly today - but the American people have the right to bear arms against aggressors both foreign and domestic.

I'm sorry, but US gun laws are fine as they are. This kid could have detonated a bomb, or poisoned the water, or attacked a whiole classroom of kids with a machete if he so chose. he could have rammed a schoolbus off a cliff and created more caualties. I'm not trying in any way to justify what has happened, but the gun wasnt the issue. the person who used it was.

i'm pro gun, in the USA certainly. it is in the constitution. Its not going to be a very popular viewpoint, particularly today - but the American people have the right to bear arms against aggressors both foreign and domestic.

I'm sorry, but US gun laws are fine as they are. This kid could have detonated a bomb, or poisoned the water, or attacked a whiole classroom of kids with a machete if he so chose. he could have rammed a schoolbus off a cliff and created more caualties. I'm not trying in any way to justify what has happened, but the gun wasnt the issue. the person who used it was.

There are 300 million people in the USA. How many people died in mass shootings this year? 100? 200?

You could argue that 1 is too many, particularly children. And as I said - today is obviously a very sad day, and not really a day to view things objectively, it's easy to knee jerk.

I wouldn't be surprised if more people died falling off of ladders than died in mass shootings in any given year.