Can eFests collectively guess the TBCs?

Guest pjadnoo

What's your prediction?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think this years TBCs are (choose up to 3...ish)?

• Blondie
    • Chemical Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • The Coral
    • Gorillaz
    • Keane
    • Madness
    • Paul McCartney
    • Pixies
    • Robert Plant
    • Rolf Harris
    • Suede
    • Super Furry Animals
    • Supergrass
    • Them Crooked Vultures
    • Thom Yorke/Atoms for Peace
    • White Stripes
    • other (huge band)
    • other (small/medium band)

There are loads of guesses as to this years' unconfirmed acts going around, but the two recent TBCs seemed not to have been guessed by anyone (Shakira & Dead Weather).

Was just wondering if collectively we can get (at least one or two) right... i.e. not those you hope are on there, but who you think will be on there.

I've tried to collect the guesses from the other threads for this poll. The two 'other's on the end are in case I've missed someone.

I swear i read the chemical brothers had self confirmed :P and madness were written as confirmed on the bbc website before the lineup was out so surely they are there? i hope they have a few surprises for us. i definately didnt see the TBA's on saturday being shakira and the dead weather.

Does this defo just leave the stage openers TBA for the mainstage now?

I can't help but feel this TBA guessing is getting abit out of control and unrealistic. Granted it is the 40th anniversary but do people really believe that an act as big as Coldplay/ Gorillaz/ Paul McCartney would play the opening slot on the pyramid stage for 30 minutes??

You are all just building yourselves up for a massive disappointment and more threads about 'how sh*t' the line-up is (not my words) when acts of these stature don't fill the TBA slots. More than likely they are TBA because they haven't yet officially booked the acts, e.g. Friday on the Other Stage, Gaslight Anthem haven't yet been replaced.

You just have to look at the Saturday afternoon TBA slots that were being built up as Biffy Clyro/ Robert Plant/ Them Crooked Vultures but announced as Shakira and The Dead Weather, cue moans about the line-up being disappointing.

Expect no bigger than the likes of Rolf Harris, anything else would be an added bonus.

From that list, I would say Supergrass are the most realistic to do a special guest slot in the park. The guys showed that they are up for playing that kind of slot last year when they played there with The Hot Rats.