only 9 bands on Blink day

Guest Dukeeyyy

Cant remember where (Its in a previous thread titled motion city soundtrack) someone like NME said "Motion city soundtrack to open the stage for blink" or something along those lines. So seems like blink get 2 hours. Which is shit. booooo.

Have these forums turned all nooby over the past year or am I missing something....

I come to this forum every year to discuss festival. Normally have to create a new user name as after festy there is a 6/7 month gap before I log on again and forget my password/username combo :P

Untill this year, people would get flamed to pieces for saying what you have. They dont just slot bands in to the lineup. This isnt download or sonisphere where they anounce the bands, then the days they play at a later date. The bands will play the order they are. They never insert a band in the middle unless there is a "special guest" slot. Thats it. Bands only ever get added onto the bottem of the lineup. Unless someone pulls out.

They have never once done this in the 5 years I have been going. If they have I apologise and Im wrong, but im 99% sure they never have. You can hope all you wish but it wont change anything. Motioncity are opening the stage, blink gets 2 hours. Im not happy about it, I just dont want people getting thier hopes up :P

Have these forums turned all nooby over the past year or am I missing something....

I come to this forum every year to discuss festival. Normally have to create a new user name as after festy there is a 6/7 month gap before I log on again and forget my password/username combo :P

Untill this year, people would get flamed to pieces for saying what you have. They dont just slot bands in to the lineup. This isnt download or sonisphere where they anounce the bands, then the days they play at a later date. The bands will play the order they are. They never insert a band in the middle unless there is a "special guest" slot. Thats it. Bands only ever get added onto the bottem of the lineup. Unless someone pulls out.

They have never once done this in the 5 years I have been going. If they have I apologise and Im wrong, but im 99% sure they never have. You can hope all you wish but it wont change anything. Motioncity are opening the stage, blink gets 2 hours. Im not happy about it, I just dont want people getting thier hopes up :P

Just a random thought, you reckon that some of the bands on blink day (Cypress Hill, Weezer, Limp Bizkit) will be getting a longer setlist than usual at those times, meaning that blink still get the hour 'n' half spot.

Do people know if this has ever happened before.

GnR will definitely get 2 hours. Blink may well do too. I think someones idea about the other mainstage bands getting longer sets isn't a bad shout, particulary Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill and Weezer since any of them could (and should) easily sub instead of being as low as they are.