this is it

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo Hoo!!!!

I'm very happy with the headliners, Blink aren't really my thing but two out of three aint bad.

Guns n Roses! I can't wait, they were amaing in 02 and they look even better now. I'm bored with all these comments about them being a tribute act, how tedious. Yes they aren't the original line up, not even close, this doesn't mean they still can't put on an amazing show and I'm sure Axl feels he has alot to prove. If they turn up on for it could be an amazing performance.

Arcade Fire are also amazing and I'm glad the organisers have took a chance on them, on CD they're great but live they're truelly something else. There performance at Leeds in 05 was one of the best I've ever seen. This is there time to step up to the big leagues and I'm sure they'll do it, easily.

Add to all this The Libertines, I've caught them a few times but never with Pete Doherty playing so it should be interesting, hopefully the chemistry is still there and they pull it off.

I wasn't too fussed with last years line up and was beginning to lose interest in the festival but this year I'm sure the line up will be amazing and already I can't wait! :P

Woo Hoo!!!!

I'm very happy with the headliners, Blink aren't really my thing but two out of three aint bad.

Guns n Roses! I can't wait, they were amaing in 02 and they look even better now. I'm bored with all these comments about them being a tribute act, how tedious. Yes they aren't the original line up, not even close, this doesn't mean they still can't put on an amazing show and I'm sure Axl feels he has alot to prove. If they turn up on for it could be an amazing performance.

Something that's just occured to me.

I seem to remember at Glasto a few years back when Jay-Z headlined, the slot under him was billed at a Special Guest, then literally hours later was announced as Amy Winehouse.

From what's been said The Libertines are being billed as Special Guests but will also be announced on monday (rather than a Faith No More style late announcement).

Is it just a coincidence that Amy and Pete will have both been billed in this way, whilst there personal lives are in the media eye for the wrong reasons and there will always be doubts as to whether they will show up/be legally allowed to show up/actually be alive to show up?

Or am I just looking too much into it? :P

About the Libertines set, is it set in stone that they'll play underneath AF cos I could see them slipping down a little and play more in the evening, as Ian Brown was also a 'special guest' last year and played reasonably low down the bill, just wondering anyway as I thought an early evening set would suit them more and leave space for another big band.

Well I'm the only one who has called them a tribute band so I guess you meant that towards my comment!

I am a long time fan of the band who does not want to ruin the 20 years of loving the band by watching a second rate performance, they have become a joke in recent times and to be honest I am really suprised that R & L would touch them with a barge pole but at the end of the day the name 'Gun n Roses' is a good selling brand name and lots of people will just look at the name and will go and watch them and lots of people will not care about the sacrilege of a once great band.

They have now become Axl and friends and If you enjoy them fair enough but imo they have become there own best tribute band.

Enjoy them, I'm hoping QOTSA are headlining the NME tent that night.[/quote]

Bit of a contradiction? If GnR are now Axl & friends then by your own logic QOTSA are just Josh & friends' as he's the only remaining, original member. Tribute bands all round is it?

I said it in another thread but there's absolutely loads of big bands that have had line-up changes. Especially ones that have been around for 25+ years. I'm no apologist, I think Axl's diva behaviour over the years is shocking & inexcusable but recent live reviews & reports have been universally positive. No late start times, mammoth 'greatest hits' sets & a really tight band. Word is that since the (final) release of Chinese Democracy a huge weight has been lifted of his shoulders & he's back to enjoying himself on stage. From day one it was always the case that depending on his mood you could either get a late, inconsistent performance or a show from one of most electric frontmen in the business. Fingers crossed for the latter.

Edited by theramm

Bit of a contradiction? If GnR are now Axl & friends then by your own logic QOTSA are just Josh & friends' as he's the only remaining, original member. Tribute bands all round is it?

I said it in another thread but there's absolutely loads of big bands that have had line-up changes. Especially ones that have been around for 25+ years. I'm no apologist, I think Axl's diva behaviour over the years is shocking & inexcusable but recent live reviews & reports have been universally positive. No late start times, mammoth 'greatest hits' sets & a really tight band. Word is that since the (final) release of Chinese Democracy a huge weight has been lifted of his shoulders & he's back to enjoying himself on stage. From day one it was always the case that depending on his mood you could either get a late, inconsistent performance or a show from one of most electric frontmen in the business. Fingers crossed for the latter.

I'm happy with that line-up, each band would be brilliant live.

Blink 182 - Been a childhood band of mine, always wanted to see them and now I can! Would have a good set!

Arcade Fire - Been listening to lately, and although not heard of much in the UK, they are re-nowned worldwide. Would go to see them if nothing extra special was on.

GnR - Bit of an odd choice, but not the same as if they were in the past.

Hope the NME headliners are good!

Its a good point as was your previous one and has got me thinking but I still don't think I will watch Guns n Roses.

I agree regarding there last performance at R & L in 08 but I would put that down to being w*nkered as they had no sleep all weekend, they were really good when I saw them earlier that year at the Manchester Apollo.

to be honest we all seem to be bitching and moaning and disagreeing on this post

i'd like to say.

1. i'm going with what Neil says as he runs efestivals and knows a shit load more about the industry than me or probbaly all of us.

2. i personally like all 3 headliners, but if not i'd go anyway coz its reading and its a amazing weekend.

3. GnR, arnt as epic as they used to be, get over it, but that dosen't mean they arnt as good and they'd still be fun to see.

4. if you don't like Mcr, go see someone else.

5. Arcade fire deserve a chance to headline and if there shit then at least no other festival will make that mistake again. besides if i don;t like tyhem i'll just go into the tent.

6. it makes more sense for the liberteens to be special guests. theres a massive amount of mixed opinions towards them and also there is the fear of pete getting arrested. personally i think they could pull of headlinging but this is a safer bet and will be just as good.

let the abuse towards me commence...

blink 182

paramore

lostprophets

weezer

klaxons

billy talent

less than jake

?

frank tuner

alien ant farm

hole