Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Had a great day on Saturday with my 2 youngest daughters

Picture005.jpg

I only get to see them for 4 hours every 6 weeks and I meet them in Hertfordshire. On Saturday we managed to get a train to spend a few hours in London. Had an absolute ball :P

They had mentioned that they wanted to have longer contacts, and one daughter said she would like to visit :P They had mentioned longer contacts but to appease their mum they where willing to accept 4 times a year, just so we could have a good day.

Anyway just got back from seeing a solicitor and things are looking really hopeful. It does mean going through the court thing later in the year but what they hey. They are worth it :P

Had a great day on Saturday with my 2 youngest daughters

Picture005.jpg

I only get to see them for 4 hours every 6 weeks and I meet them in Hertfordshire. On Saturday we managed to get a train to spend a few hours in London. Had an absolute ball :P

They had mentioned that they wanted to have longer contacts, and one daughter said she would like to visit :P They had mentioned longer contacts but to appease their mum they where willing to accept 4 times a year, just so we could have a good day.

Anyway just got back from seeing a solicitor and things are looking really hopeful. It does mean going through the court thing later in the year but what they hey. They are worth it :P

Awesome. Fingers crossed for you, mate. :lol:

Awesome. Fingers crossed for you, mate. :P

Cheers. The benefit is that if I go to court the solicitor has said that the contact will not be reduced (i.e to 4 times a year) unless there are welfare issues. My ex sent me an email saying that the girls wanted a longer contact so at the end of the day she is acknowledging that and there is nothing for me and the children to lose :P

It's the little things in life that cheer me up.

I'm an uncle :P:P:P

Matilda arrived this afternoon at a healthy 7lb 10oz. Just so happy :lol::lol::lol:

Huzzah!!!

Congrats mate! 1st niece?

1st niece on my side. I'm an uncle to 3 kids in the good lady's family, but this just feels a bit different. It's ace that she's so close in age in my little one, it'll be ace them growing up together.

Yeah - we've got a similar thing. My nephew is 3 1/2, my lad is 15 months, my niece is 4 months and our next one is due in 5 months. So the 4 of them are all quite close in age which will be great when they're growing up.

My lad absolutely LOVES his big cousin and it was hilarious when they were playing together a few weeks back. Warms the cockles of your heart, it does. :P

My final interview for the job I'm going for at the moment has co-incided with the weekend of my girlfriend's birthday, and a bank holiday, so will have interview Thursday, pub, then dinner, then idlewild Friday, Night out Saturday, then off Sunday and Monday...Huzzah!

Just hope I get the job now!

Last night I'd convinced myself I'd accidently thrown out my Dropkick Murphys tickets for this Sunday when I cleared a load of stuff out of the bedroom recently, tore the room apart looking for them before eventually finding them in the bin!

I didn't even care that I was daft enough to throw out gig tickets, I was just delighted I hadn't emptied the bin :P

So I'm happy that I'm going to see Dropkick Murphys supported by Spunge on Sunday :P

Cheers. The benefit is that if I go to court the solicitor has said that the contact will not be reduced (i.e to 4 times a year) unless there are welfare issues. My ex sent me an email saying that the girls wanted a longer contact so at the end of the day she is acknowledging that and there is nothing for me and the children to lose :P

It's the little things in life that cheer me up.

I wouldn't call that a little thing. :P

That's not the first time you've said that to me :P

:P

This morning I'd just finished replacing a prescription printer at a GPs surgery and came back to my car to find a traffic warden writing me a ticket. He saw the NHS badge and the old printer in my arms and cancelled the ticket! :P

This year's Glastonbury line up.

I can't quite believe how many of my favourite artists are performing.

:P :P :P

My new group of friends. I say new, but I've actually been hanging out with these guys for about 2 years now, but compared to the old group comprised of people I have known since school and college it us a new group.

It's such a different environment, the insecurities that polluted the old group aren't anywhere to be seen, so time isn't mostly spent on the defensive running others into the ground. The blokes are allowed to go out and stay out as late as they want because there's actually trust in their relationships, conversation is better, the level of maturity is higher despite most of them being 3 years younger.

Overall there's the fact that we're friends because we enjoy eachothers company whereas with the other group it always felt a bit forced - almost like we were friends due to convenience more than anything else.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not severing ties completely, in fact I still see the others quite regularly, but knowing that that bunch of fickle and unreliable characters aren't my only option for social interaction makes me very happy :P

I am chuffed that I have changed my mind and decided to go. I only decided this morning as well and I have managed to sort the cash and a job :P

Still going to be weird not drinking at Glasto :P

My last Glasto was a sober one. Bit weird but still fun. Didn't find it too hard, but I hadn't had a drink for over a year at that point