UK Line Up Announced

Guest Chavmeisterdeluxe

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome line up. I shud be goin to this. Doubt I will be goin dl, but they need to step up. No announcement before xmas after they promised so long ago just seems lazy and incompitent (spl) to me. Soni got their act together. Dl seem shite to be honest. Very poor show. Have to really impress if theyre guna last. Cus its quite clear soni means business

not going, I may go for Rammstein day if it fits in for me, but the setup and format was crap last year. and of the bands announced so far, only R+ interest me anyway.

I'm sorry, but the lack of anything to do during the headliner (if you dont like them)is frankly ridiculous.

and Kipper, if you thought last years download lineup was weak, you are on a different planet my friend.

the only reason it has been announced this early is to try and steal download's thunder - which I frankly dont think this will achieve.

Edited by the_frame

im going to rockness so i defo wont be at download so sonisphere is my only real rock festival.

rammstien is the main metal act i wanted to see next year so im pleased with that. only other band that really interests me though is slayer.

saw iron maiden on their last arena tour and was reallllly disapointed. i even thought trivium were better

haha kids moaning about too many old bands, you sound like a bunch of old ladies!!

a number of bands that excite me on the bill but mainly wanna go on Iron Maiden day whenever that is. I'm hoping it's same day as Slayer(they're down as 1st aug on myspace). I may go all 3 though.

Its the initial announcement, theres still a ton more of bands to be announced. Whilst I agree it isnt the most varied in terms of contemporary/oldschool bands, pretty much every band in their are somewhat legendary in their own right. Newer bands will obviously be added. Tell me, who could download "quite easily" book to beat this?

And @The_Frame. Download last year had a pretty week undercard ( a few good bands dotted around), FNM werent even exclusive(and despite being a band I love - nowhere near big enough to headliner), Slipknot were just about getting to headliner stage,so they were hardly a big get, Def Leppard are hardly that relevent anymore, but a decent enough headliner, but overall the 3 weren't particularly that big.

Basically, this is probably only like a quarter of the Main stage lineup, so theres still plenty of main stage acts to be announced, plus all the Bohemia acts (which will all be contemporary bands no doubt). So I wouldn't write it off as "old rubbish" yet, especially since all of the acts so far announced are far from rubbish :P

I had no problem with the level of police and all that. In fact, I'd rather have a large police presence than not be able to find one if I need one.

The reason I'm not rushing to buy a ticket is that Slayer, Alice Cooper and Iggy and the Stooges are all bands I don't rate and view as a waste of a decent line-up slot. As frame said, with limited alternatives, such poor bookings become unavoidable.

I had no problem with the level of police and all that. In fact, I'd rather have a large police presence than not be able to find one if I need one.

The reason I'm not rushing to buy a ticket is that Slayer, Alice Cooper and Iggy and the Stooges are all bands I don't rate and view as a waste of a decent line-up slot. As frame said, with limited alternatives, such poor bookings become unavoidable.

AC/DC, Tool, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Blink 182, Bon Jovi, System of a Down, Foo Fighters, Pixies, Ozzy.

A couple of those are unlikely, but none of them are impossible. If the rumor of AC/DC a lot of people are hearing is true, them combined with any other two of those would be an instant winner

Faith No More played 1 academy show as a warm up for Download which was their big comeback show and as such worthy of a headline slot.

If they tour again they will be playing arenas.

For all their respect gained by the headliners, soni have lost points for the other bands - Slayer* only ever released one good album and suck live, Alice Cooper only has about 2 half decent songs and the less said about the insurance salesman the better. By announcing them as exclusives Download instantly looks better.

The Frame is right that without an alternative band on at the same time the ticket price isn't justified

*if I don't go to soni, do me a favour, of you see anyone wandering around shouting "Slaaaaayerrrrrrrr" at any time other than when they're on stage, about to go on stage, or have just been on stage. Punch them.

Faith No More played 1 academy show as a warm up for Download which was their big comeback show and as such worthy of a headline slot.

If they tour again they will be playing arenas.

For all their respect gained by the headliners, soni have lost points for the other bands - Slayer* only ever released one good album and suck live, Alice Cooper only has about 2 half decent songs and the less said about the insurance salesman the better. By announcing them as exclusives Download instantly looks better.

The Frame is right that without an alternative band on at the same time the ticket price isn't justified

*if I don't go to soni, do me a favour, of you see anyone wandering around shouting "Slaaaaayerrrrrrrr" at any time other than when they're on stage, about to go on stage, or have just been on stage. Punch them.

Edited by kipper64

After Download, FNM played the Corn exchange here in Scotland, its a tiny venue for like 1,500 people. Whilst it sold out quickly and they could have played bigger, I doubt they would play any bigger than an academy sized venue here anyways. They also only played the Radio 1 stage at R&L's after Download.

Say what you want about Iggy & the Stooges, but I think they're awesome, very influential aswell. Sure Iggy may have lost his way a bit with the insurance ads, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of listening to good music. I agree that slayer are a bit overrated (and the SLAAAAAAYERRRRRRRRRRGHSDAHDSAHD! tards are annoying), but I still wouldn't mind seeing them at a festival (wouldnt go to one of their own gigs). Alice Cooper I like, and he has a fantastic stage show, its a great bonus for the Friday imo (which was added on at no extra cost). I fail to see how Download who hasn't announced any bands yet - looks better.

And again. THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES. Theres the Bohemia tent, remember Corey taylor, Cancer Bats, Zebrahead, Thunder, The wildhearts and the likes all played in it. Most of them during mainstage bands.