UK Line Up Announced

Guest Chavmeisterdeluxe

After Download, FNM played the Corn exchange here in Scotland, its a tiny venue for like 1,500 people. Whilst it sold out quickly and they could have played bigger, I doubt they would play any bigger than an academy sized venue here anyways. They also only played the Radio 1 stage at R&L's after Download.

Say what you want about Iggy & the Stooges, but I think they're awesome, very influential aswell. Sure Iggy may have lost his way a bit with the insurance ads, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of listening to good music. I agree that slayer are a bit overrated (and the SLAAAAAAYERRRRRRRRRRGHSDAHDSAHD! tards are annoying), but I still wouldn't mind seeing them at a festival (wouldnt go to one of their own gigs). Alice Cooper I like, and he has a fantastic stage show, its a great bonus for the Friday imo (which was added on at no extra cost). I fail to see how Download who hasn't announced any bands yet - looks better.

And again. THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES. Theres the Bohemia tent, remember Corey taylor, Cancer Bats, Zebrahead, Thunder, The wildhearts and the likes all played in it. Most of them during mainstage bands.

Edited by the_frame

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have been to download for the last 3 years & sonisphere. Just to pick up on some of your points,

I would think that police presence is looked upon as a positive thing( who wants drugged up kids running about behaving like fools?!)

Loved the download lineup this year(slipknot,faith no more,chris cornell,limp bizkit were notably good)

Download will obviously get some huuuge bands but...considering rammstein and alice cooper are renowned for having pretty special live acts,and that iron maiden,motley crue and anthrax are just great, sonisphere had an awesome first announcement!

Not saying its download vs sonisphere, just saying that none of the bands announced so far are poor and id love to see them all:)

it's called 'personal taste'. unless download book la roux, n-dubz and jls, it's pretty much gonna be a better lineup (for me) than what sonisphere have announced so far. if you like your music made by a bunch of geriatrics then fair enough. but i don't, really. even by 'classic rock' standards, this lineup is pretty weak, imo.

jesus you're retarded.

I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE SONISPHERE BANDS SO FAR, AND I DO LIKE SOME OF THE ONES THAT ARE RUMOURED FOR DOWNLOAD. DOWNLOAD WOULD HAVE TO BOOK ONE BAND I LIKE IN ORDER FOR IT TO (IN MY OPINION) BE BETTER THAN SONISPHERE.

basically, download would have to try pretty hard to announce the same amount of bands as sonisphere and not have any i like.

get it?

Still havnt announced anything from Download though, so at this point in time you can't say it will have the better lineup :P

Rumours mean nothing - even band self-confirms mean nothing (look at Heaven & Hell and LoG last year).

And also this isn't even the complete Sonisphere lineup (far from it) - going by your reasoning sonisphere has an equal chance of announcing bands that you like. So therefore you can't say Download will have a better lineup (Even in your opinion), since Sonispheres next announcement could be your favourite bands.

I don't get why everyone is arguing about this. Who cares which is the 'best' festival? Its looking like Download and Sonisphere both are going to have really strong line ups, so pay yer money and take yer pick. Or go to both.

Incidentally, the 3rd headliner at D/L is going to be Bon Jovi, just to put that out there. So make of that what you will. Either way, everyone wins. I bought my Soni ticket based on the initial announcement (and cos Motorhead and SOAD are going to be joining the line up as well). A bit gutted that I'm going to miss DC, but I'm not complaining

I thought Sonisphere was superb last year, loads to do and see, a great set up, good facilities, can't wait to go back. I heard from mates that Download was much improved last year as well - everyone I know who went had a great time

I don't get why everyone is arguing about this. Who cares which is the 'best' festival? Its looking like Download and Sonisphere both are going to have really strong line ups, so pay yer money and take yer pick. Or go to both.

Incidentally, the 3rd headliner at D/L is going to be Bon Jovi, just to put that out there. So make of that what you will. Either way, everyone wins. I bought my Soni ticket based on the initial announcement (and cos Motorhead and SOAD are going to be joining the line up as well). A bit gutted that I'm going to miss DC, but I'm not complaining

I thought Sonisphere was superb last year, loads to do and see, a great set up, good facilities, can't wait to go back. I heard from mates that Download was much improved last year as well - everyone I know who went had a great time

I'd love to go to both, but my wallet/work/liver couldn't handle 2 festivals I don't think!

As for SOAD...I've got friends in the industry for what that's worth (I know rumours are just that until proven otherwise, but I knew about Maiden about a month ago for example) They also said Sonisphere would have Trivium, Megadeth (no surprises there) and Killswitch Engage

I can see Killswitch, Trivium and Megadeth being there as all three are doing fests and the former two did Download last year

But SOAD! I can never see it myself, not headlining and if they're gunna be in the UK at the time surely they would headline Reading instead?

PS I would love all the bands mentioned to play

Edited by luckysalt