Rage Against The Machine

Guest 504329lt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even thought I'd love Rage to be Christmas number one, I don't really see the point as the x-factor single is guareented to go to number one the week after anyway?! I'm sure they won't be that bothered if they have to wait a week and x-factor / Simon Cowell / Joe have probably only benefited from this as there's bound to be a few x-factor nuts that have bought the single several times because of the Rage battle to try and get their beloved Joe to number one.

Like I said, it'd be funny, but slightly pointless and if anything has only benefited X-Factor.

People will still be talking about Rage in ten years time whether they do or don't get to number one anyway. I'm not sure if I can say the same about Joe.

In my eyes writing music which can stand the test of time is so much more valuable than getting a Christmas number one.

I'm not saying they're not, but all these trendies who otherwise would turn the other cheek to metal have jumped on the bandwagon because they like the idea of conflict in the mainstream media they claim to hate so much.

An appropriate name for the campaign would have been Sheep Against The Sheep.

whether you're pro rage or pro X-factor you'll probably chuckle at this text i've just received from a woman who works with me.-----------------

'i've just heard for the first time that xmas number 1 from that band youre always on about,i can honestly say that,without doubt,its the worst song ive ever heard in my entire life.if thats the best live band youve seen out of all those concerts you go to then i dred to think how bad the rest of them must be' ha ha

I like RATM and can't stand X Factor and everything about the music it ends up producing, but I'm still struggling to see the one major point that's apparently been made. Next week, the single will drop, and the charts will continue to be full of the usual songs that the general populous likes. What has been achieved? Nothing will change. The charts aren't suddenly going to fill up with similar music.

Unless your music taste is influenced by the charts, this has no effect on you. It's a pretty old-fashioned frame of mind considering these days it's so much easier to discover music outside of chart focus. Despite the fact I think RATM are brilliant, I couldn't care less because if I want to listen to Killing In The Name, I'll happily click play. I don't pay attention to the charts, but if people enjoy what's in it then good for them! Why should I interfere when I have no real interest?

Let's face it - if RATM are your sort of thing, then you're not likely to care about the music in the charts anyway.

Edited by tomisnothere