Guest Joshuwarr

The band to see.  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be watching?

• Arctic Monkeys
    • Gossip
    • Rise Against
    • The Blackout

Thursday have come along way since Full Collapse, I don't mind the album but it is an emo floppy fringe hardcore kid type album which is easily written off.

Common Existence is the best album of 09 for me, anyone who likes Brand New's new stuff needs to check it out imo. The atmosphere was great in 06 in the tent and some of the new stuff on common existence could work so amazingly well with that crowd.

But er, I'll end the night with Rise Against.

I think Gossip will get a really small crowd but not quite to the proportions that this poll suggests. I think, suggesting that 100% equals everyone who will definitely see bands, it will be:

Arctic Monkeys - 75%

Gossip - 12%

Rise Against - 8%

The Blackout - 5%

I mean theres 80,000 people at Reading so theres bound to be up to nearly 10,000 people either in the campsites, sleeping or just wandering about not really watching any band.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Gossip will get a really small crowd but not quite to the proportions that this poll suggests. I think, suggesting that 100% equals everyone who will definitely see bands, it will be:

Arctic Monkeys - 75%

Gossip - 12%

Rise Against - 8%

The Blackout - 5%

I mean theres 80,000 people at Reading so theres bound to be up to nearly 10,000 people either in the campsites, sleeping or just wandering about not really watching any band.

I agree the tent bands arent as big a draw on this day as others howver I think the proportions given for the other 3 arent far off. I know on here rise aginst are more popular than the gossip but i dont see that translating to the festival audience. I expect the gossip to get a bigger crowd than rise against, they may be a one hit wonder but thats one more hit than rise against have in this county. The gossip have sold more singles and albums in britain. Also in beth ditto they have someone that your mainstream festival goer has heard of (lets face it hardly anyone in the festival could name a single rise against member. Whether she deserves her fame is another thing but fame and publicity can often be a big draw.

I think some people think every indie fan will watch arctic monkeys. I disagree. They will certianly get a big crowd but fans of that genre who dont want to see arctic monkeys are more likely to chose the gossip. It also depends on the weather. The gossip would probably be the biggest benificiries should it rain.

Im guessing of the people watching bands the percentages will be am (80%), gossip (10%), rise against (6%) blackout (4%). The gossip wont draw a huge crowd but I dont see the tent being empty as most on here think. Also theres no chance rise aginst will draw anything close to the 30% on here.