shocking

Guest crass

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about this, the more it bothers me.

Might be a bit of a crazy idea, but how about an efestivals initiative to try and encourage everyone to spend 4 minutes picking up there own rubbish next year? Im pretty certain thats all it would take to have the site not far off spotless, because im pretty sure that I myself could pick it all up in 2 years.

Just a thought?

For the record, I don't think there is ever ANY excuse for littering. If you want to get to your car and get away, factor in the amount of time you need to clear up after yourself properly and get up earlier.
Edited by Ponyegg

it may have been mentioned before but why dosent EVERY field have its own collection point for things people want to leave .

i know there was some where to drop of tents ect last year but most including myself didnt know where that was i realise that alot of people do just leave there shit but if there was a collection point near by surely most of them would use it wouldn't they??

i myself always seem to go home with more than i arrived with :lol:

I do not buy the cheap camping gear excuse at all, i am all for affordable gear and long may it continue. This problem is down the the bloody laziness of some people who cannot be arsed to clear up.

Lazy assed knobgoblins is what they are.

Do not get me started on the 'toilet tent' for goodness sake it must have been worse than the long drops.

Peasants!

itll be worse if it rains unfortunately .its the throw away society we live in but i think a collection point in every field would be a good plan .

easy to implement and every one would know where to dump there unwanted gear .even if only a small percentage of those who usually leave stuff drops it of at a collection point its gonna make quite a difference init :ph34r:

It's so sad that people are happy to just leave a load of rubbish in such a beautiful place, it's not difficult at all to have a general waste and recyclable bag in the porch of your tent to throw your stuff away, just as it's not difficult to hold on to your paper cups/plates etc until you come across a bin, using an empty recepticle as an ashtray. Also leaving stuff as you want to get back to your car quickly on Monday....how about packing non essential stuff away and taking it back to the car some time during Sunday? Or how about not taking a load of totally useless junk in the first place? I'm sorry but i just don't understand how people can feel fine with leaving all of that rubbish or fine about people doing it in general, it's not a hey ho situation.....i was totally stunned by it during my first Glasto (2007) and no less shocked by it now. How many people would just dump their rubbish on the street of their local town whilst walking around?

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this to remind those that think it's okay to leave stuff behind because 'the festival expect to have to clear it up' that the festival have AGAIN asked us to take our stuff home with us, from the official site,

Please Take It Home is our new campaign to raise awareness of the terrible state that Worthy Farm is left in when everyone goes home after the Festival. Abandoned camping equipment and rubbish blight the beautiful green pastures of the farm. It really is very sad.

Please do your bit when you leave, take all your camping gear home and put all your rubbish in the bin bags provided by your campsite stewards. Even just five minutes of effort from each person at the Festival would make a HUGE difference.

To support us in the Please Take It Home campaign, click here and join our Facebook group.

Here's a video to give you a bit more motivation...

Edited by gizmoman

Just bumping this to remind those that think it's okay to leave stuff behind because 'the festival expect to have to clear it up' that the festival have AGAIN asked us to take our stuff home with us, from the official site,

Please Take It Home is our new campaign to raise awareness of the terrible state that Worthy Farm is left in when everyone goes home after the Festival. Abandoned camping equipment and rubbish blight the beautiful green pastures of the farm. It really is very sad.

Please do your bit when you leave, take all your camping gear home and put all your rubbish in the bin bags provided by your campsite stewards. Even just five minutes of effort from each person at the Festival would make a HUGE difference.

To support us in the Please Take It Home campaign, click here and join our Facebook group.

Here's a video to give you a bit more motivation...

• 12 years later...

Waste Disposal at Campsites

When i'm at a music festival, wether that be Glasto or Reading, one of the biggest issues i find it disposing of rubbish at my tents, after years of trying bin bags, it simply never works out, the smell is dreadful and almost always it splits and leaks everywhere. Throwing it straight into the communal bins is not an option as it is often far to get too and smelly. In addition, it is incredibly unsafe to do so, especially alone... Hopefully someone has suggestions as festival season is around the corner?!

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Can't help but feel this is a feed for a sales opportunity. 

What gave it away, bumping a 12 year old thread, the writing style (I assume it's the same chatbot that writes all these spam posts), or talking about a problem that nobody has ever had that needs a genius product to solve it?

Incredibly unsafe to go to the communal bins? I think they're going to a different glasto to me!

31 minutes ago, Simsy said:

What gave it away, bumping a 12 year old thread, the writing style (I assume it's the same chatbot that writes all these spam posts), or talking about a problem that nobody has ever had that needs a genius product to solve it?

Incredibly unsafe to go to the communal bins? I think they're going to a different glasto to me!

I know but isn't it exciting! 

I can't imagine what sort of innovative product could solve these non problems 😱