Neil Young

Guest solarfall

Sorry if this kind of Neil Young based thread has been done already, but wow what a set. He was so grim and hardcore, the songs had so much power and awesome.

I was lucky enough to be in the Press Pit for the first two songs, which was totally out of this world

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was emotional. We were at the front, and the power coming off the stage was immense. I've waited a long time to see Neil at Glasto and he didn't just exceed my expectations, he stamped all over them screwed them into a tiny ball and blasted them over the pyramid. When he stalked on and launched straight into Hey Hey My My me and my mate just looked at each other and I think we were both feeling it somewhat..! Absolutely mind feckingly good. My all time best gig and best Glasto gig.... Wish we were still in that field!!

Last saw him in 1974 (backed by The Eagles)! Have most of his stuff but was absolutely blown away by such an incredible set. Best Glasto performance that I have ever seen (either on TV or the last three years that I have been going with my daughter). Don't see how this will be topped next year but here's hoping................................

I know hes a 'rock legend' in many peoples eyes, but I was not overly impressed with him!

He is a truly average guitarist at best, all the enthuasiasm in the world wont change that!

and how many times did he stop and restart 'rockin in the free-world', ever so slightly milked it me thinks! Got a tad embarrassing by the 5th time!

Sorry :P

I loved it so much I cried like a little baby, I think the people around me thought I was mad..... and they would be right!!

Sorry if this kind of Neil Young based thread has been done already, but wow what a set. He was so grim and hardcore, the songs had so much power and awesome.

I was lucky enough to be in the Press Pit for the first two songs, which was totally out of this world

That was an EPIC Friday night performance by Neil Young. :lol::lol:;)

He can be quite unpredicatable and dour but he really seemed to feel the Glasto spirit and really went for it. Excellent backing band - all, like Neil Young, quite ancient but they could really play a tight set.

Lots of good tunes from across his career esp. his early solo days eg 'Down by the River' with its extended solos.

Lots of passion in his performance in general and he seemed genuinely happy to be playing at Glasto.

One of my all time Glasto performances I reckon. :P

Hope to see some NY Glasto TV footage on youtube soon. Just got home from the big G so havent had time to check yet ... :lol:

Edited by DaveMac