Neil Young

Guest solarfall

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wants me to register - what's it all about?

Remains number 1 highlight of the fest for me too. After 20+ years of listening to his music on/off, to finally FINALLY see him live (& not fork out around £70 quid for just a gig) was very sweet indeed.

Hi, I was nearly in tears at the end of Neils set. Just blew me away. Nothing came close after that. It was my first festival and was lucky to see such energy, power and feeling. It was a privalige. Just reading these posts has made my eye well up again just thinking about it. When I saw him smile I knew he was enjoying it as much as we were. :lol:

I know hes a 'rock legend' in many peoples eyes, but I was not overly impressed with him!

He is a truly average guitarist at best, all the enthuasiasm in the world wont change that!

and how many times did he stop and restart 'rockin in the free-world', ever so slightly milked it me thinks! Got a tad embarrassing by the 5th time!

Sorry :lol:

Wow - really great to find others who felt the same as he was the best!!. Awesome standout performance. And yes he smiled, really was enjoying the big tease during Free World and 'talked' more than he usually does.

Shame all the Springsteen hype (which I went to sleep during actually - HA!) overshadowed and the ensuing Glasto coverage seemed to forget all about him.

Twats at Beeb couldn't even include NY in their Best Bits show. ***!!!! At the very least they could have finished with a snippet of Rockin in the Free World.

Also endorse others who noted that the sound was good for him too. Wasn't for Nick Cave or Blur (Damon's voice was struggling to find pitch as it was) that's for sure.