Rolf Harris

Guest oafc0000

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolf was definitely a highlight of the fest. Lovely chap, funny, enjoying the show and the crowd loved it. We fortunately approached through the Circus fields and so got in just as the show started, sounds like we wouldn't have had a chance coming from the back of the Jazz field. Anyway, this and the Maximo Park Thursday fiasco were both completely predictable..

I was near the front and thought he was amazing.....its just the warmth he gives off. I think the further back you were the less likely you are to see the point. Its that Tommy Cooper syndrome that he plays (an Australian version) - the jokes are so poor, they become hysterical. He had the front 50 rows eating out of the palm of his hand. And also for some of us older punters, he's a TV legend....he's been in my TV memories for as long as I care to remember. My best mate and I had a bit of 'wet eye' when he did Two Little Boys - its an age thing I guess.

I was near the front and thought he was amazing.....its just the warmth he gives off. I think the further back you were the less likely you are to see the point. Its that Tommy Cooper syndrome that he plays (an Australian version) - the jokes are so poor, they become hysterical. He had the front 50 rows eating out of the palm of his hand. And also for some of us older punters, he's a TV legend....he's been in my TV memories for as long as I care to remember. My best mate and I had a bit of 'wet eye' when he did Two Little Boys - its an age thing I guess.

maybe i was, shall we say, 'tired and emotional' from the night before, maybe it was the couple of pints of festie stregnth Brothers for breakie that day, but i'm pretty glad i had my shades on, cos i know how you felt!

just a question to those that didn't enjoy it: what were you expecting, or did you just go with no expectations at all? i mean, all he did is what he has always done. no big surprises, it was what i was expecting, and i loved it!

I went with no expectations at all, apart from the chat on this messageboard that he was totally awesome!

I am of the right age - 33 and loved rolf's cartoon time more than anything on telly - but this performance left me totally cold. I just dont see his talent as a singer/comedian. Were the songs sung badly as part of the joke? Or does he think he is a talented singer? I really havent a clue.

PS I do love the guy for his art and animal hospital, honest.

Hit a real low Friday night from complete exhaustion "never again".

But Sat morning with RH lifted me right up, really good, real affinity with the crowd. Somewhow he just seems at home with the G crowd. i supect that seeing him in a more conventional theatre he would not seem quite as good.

Should have been on larger stage though.

I was disappointed. All twelve of us in our Rolf shirts were crammed at the back of the field struggling to hear him and ranting at the stupidity of putting him on a stage with poor sound and no screens.

It was obvious he would pull a ridiculous crowd! It's Rolf for Gods sake!!

Although the tee shirts did go down quite well - a guy came up to us during Dizzee and said "thanks to you guys I can say I saw Rolf at Glastonbury"

I love Rolf but gave up watching him on the Jazz stage - was too hot and crowded.

Think it was the wrong stage but then again last time I saw him there (in the 90s), he was in the Acoustic stage & there was no over-crowding probs there so I imagine they thought the Jazz field would be big enough.