How long did it take you to get there?

Guest mattrgee

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, my 12 hours was certainly not unusual then. I rang Worthy FM in the end to find out what the hell was going on with the A39, they said it was 'roadworks'. Who would plan roadworks when there was so much traffic on the move??? Hard to believe.

Who's up for sharing the cost of a helicopter next year? The eFestivals helicopter perhaps? :P

Left Nottingham around 9:30pm, arrived Bristol 1:30am, stayed in the Marriott and set off at 7:05am for the final 23 miles / 45 mins journey which took 4.5 hours.

my train left temple meads at 8.45 am. got to castle cary easy by about 10ish, then spent 3 hours waitin there for a bus... guess what, 7 showed up at once >< filled em all up and sent up in convoy with police bikes to site, bout 3/4 of an hour later i was sat in pennards :P all in all i think i got off lightly compared to some of the stories iv heard

Took us 4 hours from Swindon leaving at 7am and arriving at 11am

We got within 10 Miles, got sat nav to calculate alternative route, did 9 miles in 10 minutes and rejoined the main road with 1 mile to go.

Anyone who did not pull off the A39/A361 and go down the lanes must off your heads. What did you have to loose?

Took us 4 hours from Swindon leaving at 7am and arriving at 11am

We got within 10 Miles, got sat nav to calculate alternative route, did 9 miles in 10 minutes and rejoined the main road with 1 mile to go.

Anyone who did not pull off the A39/A361 and go down the lanes must off your heads. What did you have to loose?

Left Wakefield at 00:20 on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Was in Sedgemoor services by 4:30am and had an hours kip. Left there at 6am and got to the site at 6:30am and found the last space in the last lay-by before the West car parks.

Joined the queue at 7am and was parked up in West 24 10 minutes after the gates opened!

Overall I'd say I made the right call by going at that time - will definitely do the same next year.

Problem is if everyone does that then the traffic would be even worse down roads which cant handle it... Bigger picture and all that...