How long did it take you to get there?

Guest mattrgee

We left Manchester at 5am on Wednesday morning, after 200 miles and 4 hours driving we reached the exit slip of the M5 junction at around 10am (we had to avoid a crash on the M6 which didn't help). The last 20 miles from the M5 junction took a further 7 hours! We parked up and turned off the engine at 4:45pm in West 27. Almost 12 hours in total.

I think we'll leave at midnight next year!!!

What about everyone else?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We left Manchester at 5am on Wednesday morning, after 200 miles and 4 hours driving we reached the exit slip of the M5 junction at around 10am (we had to avoid a crash on the M6 which didn't help). The last 20 miles from the M5 junction took a further 7 hours! We parked up and turned off the engine at 4:45pm in West 27. Almost 12 hours in total.

We left Cannock at 8.30am, pulled up on West 29 at 5.30pm so a total of 9 hours. This was after taking a shortcut through the lanes thanks to a friendly local and a campervan which brought us out at West Pennard and probably saved us about 10 miles of more queuing. Nightmare, will be leaving very early morning next year.

i belive that there were a couple of crashes, one on the m5 which directed traffic through glastonbury way utter hell.

worst possible place on the worst possible day....

if im wrong please correct me but i think thats what i heard on bbc somerset

so i wouldnt worry too much about leaving earlier next yr, it was just a bad day

Train to Birmingham 30 mins.

Train to Bristol 1 hour 30.

Time on shuttle bus from Bristol 5 hours.

Walk after getting off bus because i thought i could walk faster - 1 hour.

Total time from house to festival: 10 hours.... Ouch!

But there were some bad problems on the roads, weren't there?

From what I can gather, if the roads would have been totally clear of accidents/roadworks, the problems wouldn't have been half as bad.

I don't know the truth of it, but waiting on the road to site, Worthy FM said there had been some temporary traffic lights erected to ease traffic congestion - but it appeared they were having to totally opposite effect.

Also afaik the a39/a361 were where most of the delays happened and there didn't appear to be any accidents there.

Friends from Nottingham took over 11 hours to get there - most of that on the last leg. Also, someone on a coach from the same place took over 12 hours - they finally arrived at 1am.

Edited by spammachine

I don't know the truth of it, but waiting on the road to site, Worthy FM said there had been some temporary traffic lights erected to ease traffic congestion - but it appeared they were having to totally opposite effect.

Also afaik the a39/a361 were where most of the delays happened and there didn't appear to be any accidents there.

Friends from Nottingham took ovber 11 hours to get there - most of that on the last leg. Also, someone on a coach from the same place took over 12 hours - they finally arrived at 1am.