Shaving at Glastonbury?

Guest lovestospoon

Just don't shave - yeah, it might get a bit tickly at the end of the festi, but so distracted by everything else going on I don't notice until I get back. Course my pins get very uncomfortable after a few days in the sun . . .

Edited by Pinhead

I always have a cold water shave with my trusty gillette turbo every morning at the standing metal sinks when I have my wash and clean my teeth.

Not as pleasant as using hot water but if you have sharp blades and some decent lather/shaving oil it all works out ok. (no major facial injuries to date) :unsure:

Always feel better after a shave in the morning - sets me up for the day ahead ! ;)

Look into shaving oil. :unsure:

Me, I pack a wash kit and brew up kit. This means I can wash etc at my tent.

I have a small metal mirror on a string.

http://www.millets.co.uk/product/092185.html

I have a tent with a porch, I rig the mirror up so that it hangs over the inner door of my tent, when I do up the door, its as stable as can be and a handy hight and position so that I can shave, see what I am doing, and its just the right hight for putting in contact lenses as well.

When its not needed, I just loop it up out of the way.

Use a 'fresh' razor is my other suggestion.

I'm a scruffy bugger, and I usually leave it a week between shaves, festival or not.

However, if I did want to shave at Glastonbury, here's what I'd do.

• Exit tent

• Fill a bowl with water

• Shave using a disposable razor, soap and water

Don't really see what's so hard about that.

For extra comfort you could heat the water on a camp stove, but who can be bothered with that?

I don't bother...AND I have a ginger beard with blonde hair. Luckily my beard takes a few days to become a problem (If having the ginger beard curse isn't problem enough in itself)

Anyone who shaves at Glastonbury....shame on you!!!

Mr Eavis and Mr Rolf would not be happy!!

Let your face be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee