Clashing bands.

Guest nosbodlien

In my humble and honest opinion the orgaisers have got it completely wrong this year.

Lostprophets playing the sametime as Radiohead - OK I can just about deal with this

Billy Talent at the same time as Kings of Leon - you having a laugh

Thursday on at the same time as Prodigy.

and I'm sure that Rival Schools and Frank Turner will clash with other decent bands as well.

To top it all off who's playing at the same time as Artic Monkey's? Anti Flag won't start till they have already done half their set so Saturday evening looks a little boring to me.

Now I'm not sure if its a case of my music tastes, my age or what but this will be the 12th time I've been to Reading in thirteen years and never has the music I enjoy clashed so badly.

Right moan over just thought I would start a thread and see what others thought.

There's no "ohmygod I really don't understand why they'd put those two bands on at the same time" type clashes so far this year. The ones you've mentioned (particularly KoL/Billy Talent) are just a matter of personal taste as I imagine there's not really that much of a crossover between the two fanbases (no more than they're both two pretty big bands).

In my humble and honest opinion the orgaisers have got it completely wrong this year.

Lostprophets playing the sametime as Radiohead - OK I can just about deal with this

Billy Talent at the same time as Kings of Leon - you having a laugh

Thursday on at the same time as Prodigy.

and I'm sure that Rival Schools and Frank Turner will clash with other decent bands as well.

To top it all off who's playing at the same time as Artic Monkey's? Anti Flag won't start till they have already done half their set so Saturday evening looks a little boring to me.

Now I'm not sure if its a case of my music tastes, my age or what but this will be the 12th time I've been to Reading in thirteen years and never has the music I enjoy clashed so badly.

Right moan over just thought I would start a thread and see what others thought.

The only thing even resembling a clash is Radiohead against AFI and Lostprophets, but I saw Radiohead last year and wasn't impressed so not really an issue.

If you want clashes look at Download! Faith No More v Motley Crue, Slipknot v Prodigy and Def Leppard v Trivium and that's just the headliners!

I dont see a problem with this clash, both bands are nothing like each other. Thursday are nowhere near big enough for organisers to move them around to not clash with certain bands. I bet the organisers coudlnt even name one of their songs.

Thanks guys, I guess that its just shows how my choice of music has changed over the years. And the fact that I haven't got the energy to run between stages endlessly all weekend. Gonna have to be organised for once and get my arse into gear, no why that I'm giving up, now I've done more than a decade I'm want to make it 2!

Roll on August!

Im sure the people who book the lock up do know about thurday but they arent big enough to ask the orgnaisers to move them because they dont want to clash with another band nor would the orgnaiser s be particualry bothered who they clash with.

as someone said its all a matter of taste, there are 6 or so stages so at some point you will have clashes, some possibly disastrous! this is part of the fun of festivals though, it is not the organisers trying to screw people over. they offer you a choice and its down to you!

chemical brothers vs oasis at V a few years back was my biggest nightmare and i have made a few errors in the past....i watched the killers over the manics last year and i saw alien ant farm over system of a down a few years ago too (i was young, give me a break!!!).

robx :blink:

what about clutch for reading,awesome.that would be a shock for the people who think FNM are the most unfashinable band in the world.they would pass out at the sight of clutch at reading.ha ha.new album out july 7th i think,just in time for festival.