No announcement this week

Guest biffoire

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the offspring have announced dates in august which rules them out for reading/leeds, but they are still free on the sonisphere dates. looking more likely..it's either them or slipknot i reckon. can't think of many more bands who are currently active and would take up that slot.

Ok i have just read all the post on this thread And I have come to the conclusion that you all need to stop bitching about the line up and the fact that there are no announcements this week apart from the small one (Dead by April On the Bohemia stage) so if you don't like the line up why not just sell your ticket as im sure there will be loads of people great full to go if you don't want to

I know a few people who are going and they are all looking forward to it so either shut up or dont go

I concur. It's pretty much down to one or t'other. Fingers crossed for the Offspring, I'm seeing Slipknot at Download, but they'd still be welcome. I can't believe Reading/Leeds have become so single minded they've not tried booking the Offspring and instead got the lackluster (to put it kindly) Bloc Party 3 years running.

:) To true!

There are very few complaints about the line up in this thread other than people being underwhelmed by fear factorys announcement. I'd hardly view it as pessimistic! :)

The main sentiment behind this thread I felt was people felt let down by the organisers and the fact they promised something they never delivered.

What do think we will get tomorrow?

The 2nd headliner? The Offspring or Rammstein would be good for me.

or/and

a few lower bands on the main stages and a few more for the 3rd stage?

I would guess the latter but I am hoping for both as its becoming a little boring/drawn out now, even Mrs She Bangs The Drums has given up on who it is going to be and she is normally really patient with line up announcements.

What do think we will get tomorrow?

The 2nd headliner? The Offspring or Rammstein would be good for me.

or/and

a few lower bands on the main stages and a few more for the 3rd stage?

I would guess the latter but I am hoping for both as its becoming a little boring/drawn out now, even Mrs She Bangs The Drums has given up on who it is going to be and she is normally really patient with line up announcements.

think its on radio 1 rock show like the download ones have been...

rammstein would be fekking awesome, but i'd still LOVE the offspring, just one of those bands i've always loved, and i was one of those people who loved em at download last yr, singing every word to every song from start to finish :(

and pendulum? sub headliner? doesnt look so good when download have em on as 3rd...

anyone think we might get a couple of other bands and not the sub this eve? would just sum up soni really... :D

other bands that i reckon'd fit on that day... (think we can guess that the metallica day is pretty much sown up)

how about porcupine tree? touring etc this yr (not checked dates) and seemingly not doing download :(

wishful thinking i suppose... :P

Jay-Z? played a LOT wit linkin last couple yrs... may go down like a sack of shite at soni mind...

Chris Cornell. cracking live act, played wit LP a few times :D

Lostprophets. These'd be sub i reckon, but would be one in the eye for download...