Guest biffoire

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Metal Hammer website

Sonisphere Rumours Mount

terrybezer / News / 29/04/2009 17:51pm

OK, so we know that it’s going to be somebody major, but who is it going to be? We put on our super-sleuth disguises and start to dig for answers.

Alright, so we were completely stumped by the news that Sonisphere have a massive band to announce when it seems like every brother and their mother are already booked for one of the festivals. We hadn’t considered this bunch of gems though…

My Chemical Romance

OK, so it might not be the most pleasing to all metal ears, but it is certainly feasible. Gerard Way and his cronies are booked to hit the Summersonic festival in Japan in August and with Sonisphere being the exact same month, this is definitely a possibility. They did do Projekt Revolution with Linkin Park after all!

Tool

Another band with comeback dates booked for August, there’s a very real possibility that it could be these prog metallers. They’re going to be at Lollapalooza in the States in August and they’d be a massive and very, very welcome addition to the UK Sonisphere festival.

Heaven & Hell

Originally self-confirmed for Download, Heaven & Hell appeared to have jumped the gun on that one but they are yet to announce any dates in the UK after the release of their ass-kicking new album, ‘The Devil You Know’. We can’t wait to see these guys, but are they big enough to be second headliner? Hmmm, very interesting.

Jane’s Addiction

They’re following NIN around the world and they do kick a huge amount of ass. The only problem is that the last time that they were on a British festival bill, they were 5th from the top, so it’s debatable that they would be the big draw that people are expecting.

Manowar

It’s our dream, alright! We’d rumour them for the Greenwich Folk Festival if we thought that we could influence someone into getting them over here. It’s been 15 long, long years. Come on, Joey! This country needs more Manowar!

Thanks to all of you those who contributed on the site and our Twitter. We couldn’t have made this post without you!

Sonisphere will be headlined by Metallica and Linkin Park and will take place on August 1st - 2nd at Knebworth. Also on the bill will be Nine Inch Nails, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Alice In Chains, Mastodon, Anthrax, Airbourne, Thin Lizzy, Killing Joke and The Sword.

Rammstein haven't played for a few years so I can't see it being them though I do think they will play over in the UK quite a bit next year, Green Day are not doing any festivals otherwise they would have played R & L, Blink 182 will be playing over in the U.S first but will be over here next summer and will be favourites to play R & L or/and Sonisphere 2010.

Offspring finish their tour mid July before heading to play various festival dates across Europe in August, I cannot see how they won't play in the UK at either R & L or Sonisphere so they have to be a big possibility.

The other would be Pearl Jam, they are also over here in August, they have played with Linkin Park before although LP were supporting on that occasion but I guess if the money is right and the fact that they would be headlining the 2nd stage there is a possibility, its also strange how they haven't announced the 2nd headliner to LP, maybe they are waiting for Pearl Jam's UK tickets to go on sale before announcing it?

I would be very disappointed if it is any of Metal Hammers guesses.

There is supposed to be another announcement next Tuesday but I won't hold my breath.

Offspring would be a good second and what the organisers would consider HUGE. Another DL headliner playing support. So I think it could be the offspring. Or MCR for the same reasons.

Metal hammers guesses are of no interest to me at all. However I could see the organisers seeing manowar being huge. Frankly at the tender age of 32, I've never heard of them so not interested. :D Ditto with heaven and hell. Not bothered about a sabbath super group which won't play any sabbath material! Best suited to the classic rock sunday at DL. Tool would be cool but aren't they playing the US that weekend?

Ahh whatever, Who knows? Past caring!

• 2 weeks later...

According to Kerrang.com Blink 182 are announcing their US tour dates next week. The tour will run from july-october and support will come from Weezer and Falloutboy.

Could the announcements coinciding mean they could be appearing as the final headliner?

My gut says no, but this would clinch my attendance.

According to Kerrang.com Blink 182 are announcing their US tour dates next week. The tour will run from july-october and support will come from Weezer and Falloutboy.

Could the announcements coinciding mean they could be appearing as the final headliner?

My gut says no, but this would clinch my attendance.

Ok i have just read all the post on this thread And I have come to the conclusion that you all need to stop bitching about the line up and the fact that there are no announcements this week apart from the small one (Dead by April On the Bohemia stage) so if you don't like the line up why not just sell your ticket as im sure there will be loads of people great full to go if you don't want to

I know a few people who are going and they are all looking forward to it so either shut up or dont go