No announcement this week

Guest biffoire

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst thing about it is there is just no explaination or communication whatsoever. They go on line and revel in mocking the line ups of other festivals, at least when dl or r and l say they will be announcing stuff they do!

It's f**king amateur hour!

While im not plaeased that theres no announcement this week, organising a festival is no small feat and for a new festival they've got a lot to do deal with and so far have done a pretty standout job.

They do communicate well through twitter and their own forums aswell and Announcements can get delayed for a million and one reasons, so one little mishap isnt enought o call them amateurs or doubt them. Im sure other festivals have had their share of problems in the past.

Thers still like over 3 months to go till this festival so theres tons of time left to get evrything sorted, adn the fact is they cant announce anything untill its 100% sorted and dealing with agents and signing bands isnt as simple a process as some may think - particularly for bigger bands.

Also either announce the bands or don't announce them. Experience should have told them not to promise an announcement pematurely.

If they hadn't made such a big deal about how HUGE it was then it probably would have not mattered so much.

Also as i have said before. First year or not, they are chanrging the same amount as reading and download therefor a certain level of expectation has been set. If you want some slack, charge less for a ticket.

Do you not think that the ticket buying public have the right to be pissed off. Messed around. They say they are going to make a huge announcement and the don't!! It's sloppy and amateurish and has pissed a lot of people off. And it makes the organisers look like they haven't got a clue.

It's not what you do, it's how you sell that.

To make a proclaimation of a huge announcement, and not deliver, was a huge own goal.

The right thing to do would have been either to acknowledge the delay but promise that there's one more massive band that's well worth waiting for, or at worst simply shut up and not wind the fans up.

You speak sence beLIEver. They need to deliver something more than... Sh theres no announcment, on their twitter.

we all know shit happens, it's how you communicate and redeem yourself which can help or hinder these situations.

i'm more annoyed at the fact that they announce their announcements to better effect than they actually announce bands. it's a bit silly.

either do it, or don't. don't bullshit your way around it with filler "it's coming!" announcements. evidently, it sense out the wrong message.

Edited by tomisnothere

Thing is, they cant really say anything that would give it away most likely due to legal reasons. And if they say "This band is huge" people will get their expectations up and set them really high and while the final outcome might please many - there will be those who thought it was going to be something stupid like AC/DC or something and will get megapissed/

People just need to learn to be patient. They arent really messing around paying customers because if you already have paid then you bought the ticket on what was already announced so anything else should just be a bonus.

While im not please theres a delay - it happens, people are just going to have to live with it, im sure they wanted to make the announcement they promised us (why wouldnt they?) but the simple fact is they cant.

People just need to learn to be patient. They arent really messing around paying customers because if you already have paid then you bought the ticket on what was already announced so anything else should just be a bonus.

While im not please theres a delay - it happens, people are just going to have to live with it, im sure they wanted to make the announcement they promised us (why wouldnt they?) but the simple fact is they cant.

Explaining the reason for a delay isn't messing people around.

Silence isn't messing people around.

Saying you're going to do something, and not doing it, IS messing people around, however legitimate the reasons for doing so.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, and while I won't explicitly apologise because I have no way of verifying this one way or the other, I am genuinely sorry if this assumption is wrong. Hats off to you for taking the time to post on fans forums, it is welcome and not something I can see the like of Melvin Benn doing. But creating an efestivals account and trying to justify your actions does not change said actions. By trying to defend a regrettable chain of events that people are riled about, you're simply stoking up a debate that I'm sure you'd rather went away.

I'm not moaning about what we have been told. I'm delighted at Feeder and reasonably okay about two of the others. TBS can suck cock though.

I'm annoyed that we've been told to expect news and said news hasn't come.

The "legal reasons" argument in particular is complete BS. There would only be legal implications if a contract had been signed. If no contract has been signed, Sonisphere can reveal what they want. If x band has decided they have better things to do than play in the UK, there is nothing to stop Sonisphere from saying such.

I'm not moaning about what we have been told. I'm delighted at Feeder and reasonably okay about two of the others. TBS can suck cock though.

I'm annoyed that we've been told to expect news and said news hasn't come.

The "legal reasons" argument in particular is complete BS. There would only be legal implications if a contract had been signed. If no contract has been signed, Sonisphere can reveal what they want. If x band has decided they have better things to do than play in the UK, there is nothing to stop Sonisphere from saying such.