No announcement this week

Guest biffoire

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heaven and Hell I couldn't give two shits about. Without the Ozzy songs it's not Sabbath, so that argument doesn't hold any credibility. I will however now be going. Zebrahead, Coheed and The Used are enough to convince me to go :(

Now who feels like letting me tag along and camp with them? Efests camp anyone? :(

I thought The Offspring put on an awesome show when I saw them, back in 2005 at Brixton... Full of energy, and they crammed a lot into their set, maybe they're more suited to the smaller venues and not festivals though. This pretty much confirms that I'm not going, nowhere near enough bands to interest me enough for the cost, I'm just glad I managed to sell my ticket for face value to a friend a few weeks back, cos I'm doubting it's going to sell out now.

I dont think so. But neitehr of us know this for a fact. But the Metallica crowd (who are the main attraction of this festival - and the main band for the casual Soni goer im guessing) would most likely prefer H&H over Offspring.

The point I was getting at is... it's not sabbath, people should stop acting like they have booked sabbath!

Offspring have massive mainstream appeal and have headlined download and played 2nd at reading. Neither of which Heaven and who have done! So in my estimates, Offsring would be a better addition.

Edited by biffoire

The point I was getting at is... it's not sabbath, people should stop acting like they have booked sabbath!

Offspring have massive mainstream appeal and have headlined download and played 2nd at reading. Neither of which Heaven and who have done! So in my estimates, Offsring would be a better addition.

I don't think so mate!

And H and H are nowhere near the size of the DL headliners. Regardless of whether 2 of their members are 'the other 2' out of sabbath.

I like your optimism though.

Oh and I'm complaining because the organisers promised us something huge and have failed to deliver that with no explaination or apology.

Metals come a long way since then! :O

I disagree. I'd much rather any of those. Even MCR B) . Seriously!

Don't get me wrong, I was just expecting someone HUGE. I mean that is what we were told, right! :)

And lets not forget that this lineup indeed went under the name Black Sabbath for a good few years.

Yes its not Sabbath - but it pretty much is, and Iommi was an intergral part to sabbath - as is he to H&H - and H&H did tour under Black Sabbath originally as has been said, so really they are near enough the same, obviously without Ozzy, but lets be honest Ozzy couldnt pull it off these days, and Dio is fantastic.