Any chance of bloc party this year!

Guest 2reese2

After them playing the last 2 years I would say they're unlikely to play,but you never know.people would have been saying the same after the subways played 2 years in a row!also,it seems bloc party would fit in with the 'line up' posted in another thread.in summary,id say unlikely though!

Whilst I think there are worse bands out there who are lauded as brilliant despite doing exactly the same thing as several other bands *cough*arcticmonkeys*cough*. There arent many.

They were shit in 07 (according to people I know who like them) and inexplicably got rewarded for that lackluster display with a chance to put on an equally as bad, but higher up the bill show in 2008. Very poor band.

They're ace (although Im glad theyre taking a break from Reading), as a man who openly admits to liking Nickleback, your opinion on such matters is not valid and should really automatically be removed by some kind of filter. I'll suggest it on the technical forum
Edited by Lithium05

Filthy lies! Sure I had a brief bout of "nickelbackarentthatbaditis" but thats cleared up after finding the right medication (hearing their latest album)

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike all the bands branded as NME, just those who get more credit than they deserve and end up playing huge arenaa and high spots at festivals when other bands who are actually good at what they do struggle to ever get out of the smaller venues

They were indeed fantastic that night, I think they were helped as much by the venue as the fact the set list was drawn from a flawless album.

They were also excellent at V06, its only since they've had to include stuff from their significantly flawed (but still not bad) second album that they've not been as great live.

I think the first sounds a bit dated now. Second is a very mature record.

If anyones not a fan of the second, get hold of 'Another Weekend In The City', it sounds a lot more like Silent Alarm, its a collection of all the b-sides and bonus tracks from various editions.

I'm a huge fan, but I wouldn't consider seeing them in a venue bigger than about 3000 capacity, it just doesn't work.

Edited by ste4_20

Not again, ive seen this band 3 times, so BORING! im glad last year i went and saw bullet in the nme tent instead, on record they are pretty good to listen to, i wouldnt say im a fan, but live, just not gonna put myself through that again

They were the best performance I saw on that Sunday in 2007. Better than RHCP but the guy with pink hair who'd passed out after one Carling too many put on a better show than RHCP...

It was a pretty lazy booking bringing them back for '08 but then again who else would have played that 2nd slot? I reckon maybe the Manics were asked but they requested to headline NME instead (in 08's programme I remember reading Nicky saying how he'd rather the Manics headline a smaller stage than play lower down on the Main Stage) plus I doubt The Wire would be seen dead supporting The Killers...