WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

Damn it! I've successfully avoided weather stalking (due to not being able to abuse t'internet in new job - had to leave old one as would have missed Glasto Wednesday!!) until I saw talk of a monsoon on a Facebook status update - argh!

Now I've been haunting all my old favourite sites and am up WAY past my bedtime on a skool night to remind myself that it's still too early to have any proper weather news!

My prediction - everyone has a good feeling about this year + we had a proper cold winter + there's not been a dry Glasto since god knows when.......= Scorchio!

No Rain - No Surrender! This is the year we've all been waiting for, it shall be glorious, glorious I say!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metcheck is looking OK for the wednesday and thurday. Not brilliant, but not too bad. I'd happily take a Glastonbury with no rain myself, not too bothered about it being really hot. No rain means no mud means I can get where I want to go and sit down when I get there!

Edited by adamski

Metcheck is looking OK for the wednesday and thurday. Not brilliant, but not too bad. I'd happily take a Glastonbury with no rain myself, not too bothered about it being really hot. No rain means no mud means I can get where I want to go and sit down when I get there!

Is that from the BBC four weeker?

That was issued on Monday, and there've been quite a few alterations in prospects yesterday and today.

Please, everybody, the date at which a forecast is used is crucial .....

Frinstance, and I hate to be overly negative, the Metcheck outlook for 'Glastonbury'** is now showing quite bit of r++n in the 1 pm update today.

**(not the Fest specifically, just the general town forecast, but that covers ALL relevant days up to Fri 26th)

However, JACKONE, in his latest update, thinks the '12z' run (ie the midday runs on the GFS one of which the Metcheck projection is based) might be a cool and wet outlier, outside the trend of other runs. And GFS/Metcheck will almost certainly continue to fluctuate a lot until they reach a more reliable timeframe later next week.

The JACKONE even hopes that improved news MIGHT be possible tomorrow .....

No-one on the Netweather forums generally is at all certain today about how the rest of June is going ....

Edited by mjs

Is that from the BBC four weeker?

That was issued on Monday, and there've been quite a few alterations in prospects yesterday and today.

Please, everybody, the date at which a forecast is used is crucial .....

Frinstance, and I hate to be overly negative, the Metcheck outlook for 'Glastonbury'** is now showing quite bit of r++n in the 1 pm update today.

**(not the Fest specifically, just the general town forecast, but that covers ALL relevant days up to Fri 26th)

However, JACKONE, in his latest update, thinks the '12z' run (ie the midday runs on the GFS one of which the Metcheck projection is based) might be a cool and wet outlier, outside the trend of other runs. And GFS/Metcheck will almost certainly continue to fluctuate a lot until they reach a more reliable timeframe later next week.

The JACKONE even hopes that improved news MIGHT be possible tomorrow .....

No-one on the Netweather forums generally is at all certain today about how the rest of June is going ....

Edited by Pinhead

oh noes

im getting deja vois from 2007

i didnt do weather check in 2008

but all this "there is hope people" and stuff like that reminds me of 07 where, up untill the day before it constantly said it was gonna rain and everyone was optimistic and then geoff the weather barron, or god, or mother nature or whatever u beleive (im a fan of geoff) basically laughed at us and gave us a horrible weekend,

someone save us!!!!