WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but next to the MetOffice forecast published at exactly the same time it is somewhat pessimistic; doing a forecast for the festival probably skews a forecaster to give more prominence to rumblings of rain, rather than a neutral forecast.

I bought suntan lotion and aftersun cream for Glasto today.

Hope I have not been a bit premature with these latest forecasts ! :ph34r:

I would like to make a prediction.

When metcheck next updates using the data I've just seen, in a few hours time and probably a few pages on through this thread, we are going to see despair. I'm sorry to be the harbinger but it's probably better you're prepared.

Now, metcheck is based on one model, and that model could be wrong. However, it is the model that a lot of these crappy internet forecasts use. And it will bring despair. For it is not good. Think 2005.

It'll be very interesting to see what Jackone makes of it all.

When metcheck next updates using the data I've just seen, in a few hours time and probably a few pages on through this thread, we are going to see despair. I'm sorry to be the harbinger but it's probably better you're prepared.

Now, metcheck is based on one model, and that model could be wrong. However, it is the model that a lot of these crappy internet forecasts use. And it will bring despair. For it is not good. Think 2005.

Calm down! Next weekend is too far into forecasting La-La land to get stressed about!!!

Next week is going to be lovely.. next weekend may well be lovely too! There's a small chance of thunderstorms.. which may well not appear.. and which may well not hit us even if they do... so stop stressing and be happy we have a generally lovely forecast for the first time in ages!

Calm down! Next weekend is too far into forecasting La-La land to get stressed about!!!

Next week is going to be lovely.. next weekend may well be lovely too! There's a small chance of thunderstorms.. which may well not appear.. and which may well not hit us even if they do... so stop stressing and be happy we have a generally lovely forecast for the first time in ages!