Doves

Guest zahidf

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe im going to say this...............

but if want to catch NY, then catch him, doves are not going away soon and this might be your last chance to see NY

having said that, ive seen doves 12 times before, and never seen NY, AND i'll be seeing doves at latitude or lovebox, and im STILL choosing doves over the great man :P

If its true Doves are doing the JP on the Friday then I'm pretty gutted :P , as Ol' Shakey is my probably my all time songwriting hero and missing him headlining the greatest festival in the world is just NOT an option.

A shame as they would have been perfect for a slot just before Neil Young on the main stage, but it seems that bloody Lily Allen is pencilled in for that one. I heard they were initially offered an afternoon slot on the main stage, which they declined as they wanted the late evening vibe their music suits. If you ask me Emily Eavis has messed up here big time and has grossly underestimated their popularity. They would even have been great on the sunset-ish slot that Elbow did last year. Plus the JP tent will be proper rammed.

But if you get in it'll be f**king ace though. :)

Edited by cavelier5

If its true Doves are doing the JP on the Friday then I'm pretty gutted :ph34r: , as Ol' Shakey is my probably my all time songwriting hero and missing him headlining the greatest festival in the world is just NOT an option.

A shame as they would have been perfect for a slot just before Neil Young on the main stage, but it seems that bloody Lily Allen is pencilled in for that one. I heard they were initially offered an afternoon slot on the main stage, which they declined as they wanted the late evening vibe their music suits. If you ask me Emily Eavis has messed up here big time and has grossly underestimated their popularity. They would even have been great on the sunset-ish slot that Elbow did last year. Plus the JP tent will be proper rammed.

But if you get in it'll be f**king ace though. B)

Just heard Winter Hill used as background music on Countryfile. Along with KOR on Sky's footy, Jetstream on Sky's cricket looks as if all the new album will end up on various TV progs. What next - House of Mirrors as background on Gok Wan's How to Look Good Naked?

Edited by grrrraeme

A good point about being able to see Doves again but possibly not NY.

Do Doves still swap instruments about? When I saw them at Wembley they did. They where superb, that was 2000. The first time I questioned whether a support act was better than who I was there to see (Oasis)...... The second was a few years later and their support act was Mr Ashcroft, in that case there as no doubt about it!

I didn’t really know them then though but IV got quit into them since. New album is best Iv listened to for ages. Dunno know, Il have to see how I feel near the time

http://www.nme.com/news/jarvis-cocker/44651

NOOOOOOOOOOOO :'(

doves are clashing with neil young! well. im going to see neil then RUN from the end of his set to JP. hopefully catch a bit of it. Somehow i think they may well finish about the same time though :D:D:D

Doves - can see at other opportunities

NY - when are you going to see him again, if ever?

obvious choice for me

doves are clashing with neil young! well. im going to see neil then RUN from the end of his set to JP. hopefully catch a bit of it. Somehow i think they may well finish about the same time though :D:D:D

you'd be wasting your time - NY will finish no earlier than 00:20, and no later than 00:30. Doves will finish by 00:30 too.

Well, yeah. They headlined the Other Stage about 5 years ago. And were brilliant. But I think they'll be great in a tent. It's a whole different atmosphere than on the open-air stages. I'll just have to get there early, 'cause it will be packed! I'd much rather see them than Neil Young! I've seen Doves loads of times over the years, but only once this year (last week in Bristol). And before that not since Glasto 2005!! Suffering from Doves withdrawal. I'd almost forgotten how good they are live!