Doves

Guest zahidf

if they were to play 2 more from KOR that would take the total up to 8 from that album

they may be headlining the JP but as i remember that still only leaves them time for a 16 track set (maybe im wrong on that but im pretty certain that the JP's get a shorter set than the other stages)

so, 8 already gone from the set, and i'd say fear, pounding and b&w town are nailed on. the last 2 or 3 times ive seen them @ glasto theyve dropped spaceface

so what 4 other tracks do you think they will play from the back catalogue?

just cant see them playing anything more than 4 from KOR, the back catalogue is just way to big, but i could be way off the mark. :D

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points there Tugger. I guess the permutations are endless - maybe they'll get a longer set - or do a swap with Bruce so in a 2.5 hour set they could do the whole of KOR + all their greatest hits and keep us all happy. In the end it doesn't matter a toss - it'll be great whatever they play.

Long time lurker, first time poster! Hi everyone.

My two penneth: from the setlist of the current tour, I personally can't see them playing northenden, though it's a good song, given that very few people own some sides, it might be dropped. and I'm also not so sure about a couple of the more 'atmospheric' tracks from KoR, things like 10:03. Rise might also get the chop.

As people have said though, I think a few more singalongs/greatest hits might make the grade: would be good to have the Cedar Room, Catch the Sun, Satellites and Man Who Told Everything. Equally, the band has been resting a few songs this tour, so it's possible they won't put them back in for the summer. I should get off the fence! I'd like them to start with pounding.

In terms of songs that definately will be played, I think Here It Comes will get an outing, as will Caught by the River and Snowden. Plus as mentioned The Fear, KoR, B&W, Words and Winter Hill...

I just hope the crowd is a bit less po-faced than the Cambridge lot a couple of weeks ago. I've been at autopsies with more life to them. Everyone here seems up for a good time though! See you there.

Also, perhaps not the place to put it, as I'm not sure there'll be much crossover in fans, but does anyone think Amadou et Miriam will be playing? If they are, I bet there's a clash...

My two penneth: from the setlist of the current tour, I personally can't see them playing northenden, though it's a good song, given that very few people own some sides, it might be dropped. and I'm also not so sure about a couple of the more 'atmospheric' tracks from KoR, things like 10:03. Rise might also get the chop.

As people have said though, I think a few more singalongs/greatest hits might make the grade: would be good to have the Cedar Room, Catch the Sun, Satellites and Man Who Told Everything. Equally, the band has been resting a few songs this tour, so it's possible they won't put them back in for the summer. I should get off the fence! I'd like them to start with pounding.

In terms of songs that definately will be played, I think Here It Comes will get an outing, as will Caught by the River and Snowden. Plus as mentioned The Fear, KoR, B&W, Words and Winter Hill...

I just hope the crowd is a bit less po-faced than the Cambridge lot a couple of weeks ago. I've been at autopsies with more life to them. Everyone here seems up for a good time though! See you there.

Also, perhaps not the place to put it, as I'm not sure there'll be much crossover in fans, but does anyone think Amadou et Miriam will be playing? If they are, I bet there's a clash...

Since you lovely people got me obsessed with doves, I have managed to get EVERY doves album..

One problem.. everyday I listen to a MINIMUM of 15 doves tracks per day..

I don't think this is too healthy!

But.. F**k it.. They are too good to give up :rolleyes:

You think you're excited? Tomorrow is my first proper one, ever! :D

Me and my mates will do our standard Academy routine... pub opposite the plod station for a couple, then dive in.

Is this the biggest of the tour? Not that size matters... big gig you get the "big thing" making the soaring anthem stuff stratospheric, small gig you get the intimate emotional... Sorry, I'm beginning to wibble... :D

You think you're excited? Tomorrow is my first proper one, ever! :D

Me and my mates will do our standard Academy routine... pub opposite the plod station for a couple, then dive in.

Is this the biggest of the tour? Not that size matters... big gig you get the "big thing" making the soaring anthem stuff stratospheric, small gig you get the intimate emotional... Sorry, I'm beginning to wibble... :)

whats that pubs name?

i stopped drinking on the hg road when i discovered the 'duke of edinburgh' (best beer garden in sarf london) and 'the trinity arms' - both proper locals boozers where its possible to get served and both a stones throw from the gig

enjoy by the way, your in for a real treat :D

oh man, they smashed up brixton last night

same setlist as previously but northendon was dropped for firesuite :ph34r:

compulsions a great addition, got a great groove.words was special, along with KOR, b&W town,10.03 & fear but in truth, there wasnt one stand out track as they ripper it up

cannot wait for glasto now. just hoping for a return of spaceface and cedar room and i'll be a happy man

Doves caught up in flu hysteria

From blogspot - nice last line

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Doves flu: People stokes the panic

If a public health official tells you it might be a good idea not to start a needless panic, that's clearly the signal to, erm, help the Sunday People try and start a panic:

Pig flu victim Iain Askham told last night how he tried to warn health bosses he had been at a packed rock concert while infected with the bug - and was ordered to keep quiet about it.

Askham - or that bloke who caught the flu on his Mexican honeymoon but is doing alright now, what with it being flu and not SARS or anything - had apparently managed to squeeze in a visit to see Doves:

Doves had to axe their show the following night after their drummer Andy Williams, 39, fell ill at the Edinburgh gig.

Are they suggesting that Williams had the swine flu? That he somehow caught it - perhaps from a vague sneeze at the back of the room?

Who better to help stoke the Fear (clever wording - cheers) than a public health official? Or maybe a member of the band? Or, failing that... erm, a shop girl who happened to be at the gig?

Shop assistant Deborah Keogh, 26, was at the rock concert with 29-year-old boyfriend Colin Sutherland. She said last night: "It is shocking, scary really.

"You can see how something like that could have been passed on." Doves drummer Andy began feeling ill during the Edinburgh gig and the band pulled out of next night's show in Leeds. The nature of his illness is not known."

Although he was back behind the drum kit in Manchester, on the 26th, so it's pretty unlikely that he had swine flu, isn't it? But then I can't be sure, I'm neither a health professional, nor work in a shop.

The dull truth - that it would have caused an unnecessary panic to start calling everyone in who'd been at a Doves gig, and would have about as much point as trying to find anyone who might have been in the airport or down Tesco or on the bus with Askham - isn't quite so hysteria-friendly, though, is it?

Still: the possibility of indie music fans getting flu isn't quite an Armageddon scenario. Can you ratchet it up a little, People?

And worryingly, Iain's pal Graeme Pacitti, who caught swine flu off him, revealed yesterday that he was among a crowd of 17,000 people at the Scottish Cup semi-final at Glasgow's Hampden Park stadium last Sunday.

That'll do it. You wonder if they sat in the newsroom, debating if they should add "... and said he couldn't be sure if he'd sneezed all over the pies on the pie stall" to that paragraph.

Doctors say that the long-term prognosis for anyone who is infected with swine flu is "a million or so times better than that of the Sunday People".

some tickets available for leeds at £21 box office collection on seetickets.

just tried to convince my housemates to go, but one only knows a couple of songs and cant justify £20, and the other likes the first 3 albums (more than i know, i shamefully havent really listened to album 1) but thinks £20 is too steep for Doves. im sure they'd pay more than £20 for some new age balls like bloc party (who ironically they'll probably see instead of Doves at glasto)