Green Day added as a strong rumour!

Guest tomdsjames

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd welcome Green Day with open arms. Great live and classic songs. I'm surprised so many people are cynical about the choice.

KOL I'd be up for seeing as well.

Arctics, dont really care too much for but if there's no-one else on the other stages (fingers crossed for Ian Brown) I'll watch them.

I'd welcome Green Day with open arms. Great live and classic songs. I'm surprised so many people are cynical about the choice.

KOL I'd be up for seeing as well.

Arctics, dont really care too much for but if there's no-one else on the other stages (fingers crossed for Ian Brown) I'll watch them.

Agree with you VCK. I put it down to the "my favourite pet band got big" syndrome. They feel that the band has lost its roots and is no longer unique and special anymore. Exactly the same would happen if NoFX, NIN or Smashing Pumpkins, etc jumped into the big time. I think it is a familiar national trait.

I have to say that Green Day at the Brighton Centre in Feb 2005 remains one of the best gigs that I ever attended.

i think Arctic Monkeys should play under Radiohead.

I doubt Kings would of said yes to that, but i think it's strange how there was the Radiohead rumour (with most people saying it was a rumour because they werent as close to signing contracts as Kings/Arctics were) and then suddenly Greenday has just sprung up as a strong rumour out of nowhere- meaning their contract is pretty much signed). Does that mean Radiohead decided to not sign the contract and then Greenday decided to play that quickly? Or are they both infact headliners?

hmm..

I think

Kings Of Leon

Radiohead

Arctic Monkeys

Greenday

This is horrible news!

2004 was one of the worst lineups ive ever seen and it looks like it could repeat itself! KOL are a great band, dont get me wrong but we really need a strong sunday headliner and Greenday are basically Mcfly but with guys in their late 30's thinking they incoporate the spirit of punk!

Joe Strummer would turn in his Grave.

I'm praying for AC/DC, Slipknot and Machine Head (not all as headliners obviously)

I saw GD play leeds in 01 and 04 and they were amazing.....will have to see how the new album sounds tho 1st as to whether I think they shud headline.

Saw KOL in 05 and 07 and would like to see them headline this time...they deserve it!

As for Arctic Monkeys - noooo. I saw them in 05 b4 I knew who they were and hated them. Now I hate them even more!

Arctics aren't "as big as KOL or Radiohead" at the moment because they haven't done anything for a while, unlike KOL and Radiohead who have both released large selling albums since Arctics released Favourite Worst Nightmare. When they release album number three, all the hype will flare up again.

f**k getting to number one, pretty much every tour they've done has sold out instantly. Yes, they're a young band, but this young band sold out two nights at the lccc instantly, that level of demand is unmatched currently in this country, it's just natural progression that band's get bigger.

This is horrible news!

2004 was one of the worst lineups ive ever seen and it looks like it could repeat itself! KOL are a great band, dont get me wrong but we really need a strong sunday headliner and Greenday are basically Mcfly but with guys in their late 30's thinking they incoporate the spirit of punk!

Joe Strummer would turn in his Grave.

I'm praying for AC/DC, Slipknot and Machine Head (not all as headliners obviously)