Lions Second Test

Guest yasgursfarmhand

Woo hoo - haven't been here a while and I am loving the new boards - when did that happen. The chap at the top has stopped dancing? Oh dear.

Anyway - thought i would pop in with a deja vu post about the British Lions Tour Second test against South Africa, clashing with Saturday of GF. Now ,exactly the same thing happened four years ago with the tour of New Zealand. They showed it on the Pyramid screens and a few thousand of us turned up to watch at about 9am. Donuts and Coffee all round. I seem to remember thread went thus.

Post - Sport has no place at GF - Reply - GF is all inclusive anything has a place at GF

Rugby has no place at GF - Reply - see above

Rugger-Buggers have no place at GF - See above

Football is better than Rugby - Reply - Rugby is better than footy

Tennis is better than football and rugby - Reply - don't be silly

They should show wimbledon - Reply -GF is all inclusive anything has a place at GF

Why don't you stay at home if you want to watch sport?

- Reply: you won't be up at 9 on Saturday, anyway so why are you bothered

That was general tone. Thought i would save everyone the bother, this thread should be closed.

One thing we did establish is that Melvin is a big Rugby fan, so it will be on

(in something you've forgotten).

South Africa has a different time zone to New Zealand. The game will be in the afternoon here. Where could it be shown? As the pyramid is kinda fully booked at that time....with music.

Bingo.

They will, of course, be getting updates on the following

Fri 26 Jun

Leeds Rhinos V Bradford Bulls

ko: 20:00, Venue: Carnegie Stadium

Salford City Reds V Huddersfield Giants

ko: 20:00, Venue: The Willows

St. Helens V Celtic Crusaders

ko: 20:00, Venue: GPW Recruitment Stadium

Sun 28 Jun

Hull Kingston Rovers V Wigan Warriors

ko: 15:00, Venue: Craven Park

Wakefield Wildcats V Harlequins RL

ko: 15:30, Venue: Belle Vue

Warrington Wolves V Hull FC

ko: 15:00, Venue: Halliwell Jones Stadium

Castleford Tigers V Catalans Dragons

ko: 15:30, Venue: The Jungle

Bingo.

They will, of course, be getting updates on the following

Fri 26 Jun

Leeds Rhinos V Bradford Bulls

ko: 20:00, Venue: Carnegie Stadium

Salford City Reds V Huddersfield Giants

ko: 20:00, Venue: The Willows

St. Helens V Celtic Crusaders

ko: 20:00, Venue: GPW Recruitment Stadium

Sun 28 Jun

Hull Kingston Rovers V Wigan Warriors

ko: 15:00, Venue: Craven Park

Wakefield Wildcats V Harlequins RL

ko: 15:30, Venue: Belle Vue

Warrington Wolves V Hull FC

ko: 15:00, Venue: Halliwell Jones Stadium

Castleford Tigers V Catalans Dragons

ko: 15:30, Venue: The Jungle

Edited by Grimmy

what about the cinema tent ? or like for world cup in 98 half on pyramid stage thaen second half on outside screen or maybe have it on in bimble inn or a shangra la thats never busy at that time

i would like the chance to watch it at glasto maybe a compaign of emails to eavis would do the trick. i mean the festival is in cider country one of rugbys heartlands where its probably bigger than football.

just before any rugby league maniacs start iam not rich did not go to public school - rugby league is a dull game constrained by its tackle rule like yank fooball that stiops its flow and limits the vareity of games. (I do know that there have been some v dull union games but at least the sport is capable of being trully exciting )

what about the cinema tent ? or like for world cup in 98 half on pyramid stage thaen second half on outside screen or maybe have it on in bimble inn or a shangra la thats never busy at that time

i would like the chance to watch it at glasto maybe a compaign of emails to eavis would do the trick. i mean the festival is in cider country one of rugbys heartlands where its probably bigger than football.

just before any rugby league maniacs start iam not rich did not go to public school - rugby league is a dull game constrained by its tackle rule like yank fooball that stiops its flow and limits the vareity of games. (I do know that there have been some v dull union games but at least the sport is capable of being trully exciting )