Lostprophets to headline Sunday?

Guest Ddiamondd

Okay, just so you know, I'm far from an obsessive Lostprophets fan, so this isn't a hopeful plea, but moreover realism.

Remember in 2007 when Razorlight came to the fore, before their headlining slot was officially announced, people were knocking them around for a 2nd-to-headline slot? People predicted Smashing Pumpkins for Friday, Metallica for Sunday and in some bizzare cases Tool above Razorlight on the Saturday. Optimism can override common sense: people who predict Radiohead year-on-year for a headline slot are a solid example.

It sounds bizarre, but I can FR 'doing a Razorlight' and giving LP the headline slot following their appearance at Download this year. It may prove counter-intuative considering Green Day/G'n'R are potentially available (not to mention AC/DC) but often the line-ups aren't as good as we bat them around to be.

A lot of people would consider Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon and Lostprophets to be a strong headline set. A lot of the posters here would baulk at the thought of it - I personally think 2/3 of those would be fine but all three make for a weak festival - but it's not entirely inconceivable.

Okay, just so you know, I'm far from an obsessive Lostprophets fan, so this isn't a hopeful plea, but moreover realism.

Remember in 2007 when Razorlight came to the fore, before their headlining slot was officially announced, people were knocking them around for a 2nd-to-headline slot? People predicted Smashing Pumpkins for Friday, Metallica for Sunday and in some bizzare cases Tool above Razorlight on the Saturday. Optimism can override common sense: people who predict Radiohead year-on-year for a headline slot are a solid example.

It sounds bizarre, but I can FR 'doing a Razorlight' and giving LP the headline slot following their appearance at Download this year. It may prove counter-intuative considering Green Day/G'n'R are potentially available (not to mention AC/DC) but often the line-ups aren't as good as we bat them around to be.

A lot of people would consider Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon and Lostprophets to be a strong headline set. A lot of the posters here would baulk at the thought of it - I personally think 2/3 of those would be fine but all three make for a weak festival - but it's not entirely inconceivable.

i'd like to see lostprophets somewhere, that would be great :lol:

about not being able to headline, stranger things have happened, like their V appearance which just came out of no where (but they actually went down really well).

i think they will be there either way, im guessing in the top 3, probably a 2nd from top, but i wouldnt mind where they were really

Absolutly no chance. They may muck about with weak headliners for the other two days but not for the Sunday - maybe if LP were a flash in the pan, number one band like the Darkness were but LP aren't that but they aren't big enough just yet either.

Edited by thomasowen

They were shocking at V Stafford this year.

I know they were missing a guitarist , but they just seemed to faff on for ages.

Ian Watkins was a total t**t and they seemed like a band of kids playing their first gig , and been on the ciders

beforehand.

the one thing to stop LP playing at all is the simple fact that their drummer is playing with Nine Inch Nails over the summer (Europe at start of summer and US at the end)

Which kinda rains on our predictions...

the one thing to stop LP playing at all is the simple fact that their drummer is playing with Nine Inch Nails over the summer (Europe at start of summer and US at the end)

Which kinda rains on our predictions...

Edited by flossy_

I agree possibly the worst performance Ive ever seen at V, they did a 5 song set, 3 of which were album tracks, they have a commercial back catologue but choose to ignore it, just came across as total w*nkers like there would be no-one in the crowd at V who actually might like to see them perform and that they were just filler and there for the pay day, I guarentee they only showed up for the money, real shame, they could have earned themselves a lot of new fans, im betting they didn't get anyone in the crowd to say damn theese guys are good maybe I;'ll pick up their album or check them out on their own shows

It was like we just headlined Download we don't need this booking but we'll turn up, piss around and take your money, and shit on any of our fans that are in the crowd in the process