new Springsteen 'rumour'

Guest tevaburger

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone state what the chances of the following being played by Bruce (If he is announced as headliner of course):

Brilliant Disguise

Human Touch

Atlantic City

Also, if three Bruce albums should be be bought, which ones would say 'go get'?

Cheers

:P

Anyone state what the chances of the following being played by Bruce (If he is announced as headliner of course):

Brilliant Disguise

Human Touch

Atlantic City

Also, if three Bruce albums should be be bought, which ones would say 'go get'?

Cheers

:P

Atlantic City could be played. The other two I wouldnt bet on.

---

I'm not the biggest Bruce fan around, but these three albums are really good.

Born To Run

Darkness on the Edge of Town

The River

Atlantic city was played regularly on the magic tour last summer on the european stadium leg, I saw it in the Emirates and Millenium stadium, flippin awesome lol, bear in mind he only plays the elecric version with the e street band http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQKhlpE7XE

Human touch never gets played these days sadly, Bruce seems to overlook the Human touch and Lucky town albums

Brilliant Disguise was played a couplle of times but not regularly

this is a good website for Bruce setlists if you've got a spare ten minutes http://www.brucebase.org.uk/gig2008.htm#04

just go to the top of the page to go to the year you want etc..

If you're still getting aquainted with Bruce then theres some good songs on the thread I made a while ago /index.php?showtopic=112704">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...howtopic=112704

Born to Run and Darkness, without a doubt. And I'd buy the dvd live in Barcelona, than you'll find out why he is so great :D

Hey (new to the forum but ive been reading for about a week, eagerly awaiting line-up annoucements :D)

Bruce being rumoured is the reason i bought my ticket but even if he doesnt headline im sure ill have a great time :P

Album recommendations id say definately check out Born To Run and Greeting From Asbury Park N.J (i Personally think that's his best album)

:D see yous in june!

Am i the only one that loves 'The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle'? :D

Anyway, I agree with Joe, I'm going to Glastonbury for the first time since 1990 and intend to have a great time come what may. A little Bruce would help though. :P

Kev

On the plus side it looks as if Bruce is now looking to do things he has never done before (ie Super Bowl). He has nothing to prove to anyone and why not do it before he and/or the band call it a day - so why not do the festivals ? According to Backstreets the 'official' word is that the next tour will not be a marathon so maybe a smaller run of bigger events/venues ?

The downside is that he is a professional and any festival would not allow him the vitally important soundcheck and would he risk his reputation playing on an untested stage (a stage as well that does not have any runways or smaller satellite stages which he loves to use nowadays).

Most Bruce website forums are divided as to whether he will or won't play Glasto or anyother festival - it would be the icing on the cake for me if he plays - if he doesn't then I just hope I can get a ticket for another of the tour dates !!!

As for those on other forums slagging him off - well we got that last year with JayZ and they can do what I did and go find something else to watch. The Pyramid headliners aren't a compulsory part of the ticket price are they ??

Judging by the activity on the net since Mr Eavis made his last announcement, plus the 'leaking' of some Bruce dates already, it's looking pretty good for a Bruce appearance at Glasto - but until it's official from either Eavis or the Springsteen official sources I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed !

Would hate to think we've all been barking up the wrong tree and the 'major US act' turns out to be Beyonce or such like - ouch !!