eFestivals Glastonbury World Cup 2009

Guest hogga

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since finishing the "now with added beef" version of the GWC image I did last week to go on Mr.Flag, I'm now kinda having a badge moment ! Anyone else interested in having a badge (same size/style as the last year's Monorail badge which was metal and 2.25" diameter) looking something like this :

glasto%20world%20cup%20badge%20preview.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't do the artwork with a badge in mind this time round so it's been way more than a bit of a PITA to tweak it now but I think it should be OK. I'm defo going to get 1 or 2 done for myself anyway so could easily order more if there is any real interest. If there is any interest shown in here then I'll bung up a poll on a new thread to get an idea of quantity involved.

As for cost, it kinda depends on quantity and so on but I'm thinking something like at least £1 and preferably £2 (or more !) to WaterAid per badge. Does that sound sensible and reasonable ? If not then suggestions please but bear in mind that ignoring the quite considerable time spent on doing the artworks/prints etc., it's going to cost me at around 50p per badge to have them made although I'm happy to do this PROVIDING that WaterAid end up with somewhat more than it actually costs me in cold hard ca$h !!

PS: I could also get a few more of the Monorail badges done at the same time for those who have lost theirs or didn't get one for whatever reason. Same deal with all money going to WaterAid.

I'll defo have one please - well worth a couple of squid. As I'm playing for the winning team (ROW obviously) I fully expect us all to be presented with trophies, badges, and other lovely things by Michael and/or Emily Eavis, (or anyone else really) though I don't know where they can put the steps up to the Royal Box? Have we got extra security for crowd control guys? - these Engerland fans can get a bit ratty when they get hammered even though they should be used to it by now :lol:

So there I was, quietly enjoying yet another cuppa and yet another ciggy whilst admiring the most excellent flag above when all of a sudden there was the sound of incoming via the letterbox. Oooo, that's a d@mn nice looking jiffy bag stylee package lying on the mat I thought.

[carefully opens said package]

Hmmm, a bit kinda like Pandora's box this as there's something within but it's hidden inside an envelope ... or at least it was for a short time anyway before it got ripped open !

Well would ya believe it, it's round and very shiny.

And it's kinda made of metal also.

But it's green(ish) at the bottom and blue(ish) at the top !

And what's with all these black letters all over it I wonder ?

[puts on bush hat complete with dangly corks]

Can ya guess what it is yet ?

[insert some heavy breathing and just the merest hint of wobble-board action here]

Just add something a bit pointy here ...

... and a few Dancing Men (looking distinctly under the influence it has to be said !) on the green bit ...

... and then a kinda round shaped thing over there ...

Can ya guess what its now ?

Well good on ya mate, you're dead right cobber, it's a brand spanking shiny new never been seen before Glasto World Cup Badge ... and it's all mine :(

[insert absolutely shedloads of wobble-board action here]

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy ! 'tis almost as good as getting a l'il something from Mr.Seetickets t'other day methinks !

[insert Pear Cider here ... any old excuse being a very good excuse and all that]

Yeah, I know what I said, but curiosity and impatience got the better of me as per usual I'm afraid so I bunged Mr.Printer a few quid over the weekend for a sneaky preview :) It's very nice :) but would be way better if I could actually get to the bottom of the graininess issues etc. :( Now if only I had a half-decent digicam and could actually take something even remotely close to a half-decent piccy with it then I'd post one ! But as I haven't and couldn't anyway, you're just going to have put up with the most unbelievably cr@p piccy ever and believe me that's Mr.Badge is so much better when viewed in the flesh so to speak rather than being badly photographed with a cr@ppy very old camera that I can't drive, reduced in size and then JPEGed:

gwc%20badge.jpg

... wanders off to forage for munchies to enjoy with the Pear Cider in the sunshine whilst thinking (not very much it has to be said) about all those who are (allegedly) working whilst reading this :)

Edited by mikeb

So there I was, quietly enjoying yet another cuppa and yet another ciggy whilst admiring the most excellent flag above when all of a sudden there was the sound of incoming via the letterbox. Oooo, that's a d@mn nice looking jiffy bag stylee package lying on the mat I thought.

[carefully opens said package]

Hmmm, a bit kinda like Pandora's box this as there's something within but it's hidden inside an envelope ... or at least it was for a short time anyway before it got ripped open !

Well would ya believe it, it's round and very shiny.

And it's kinda made of metal also.

But it's green(ish) at the bottom and blue(ish) at the top !

And what's with all these black letters all over it I wonder ?

[puts on bush hat complete with dangly corks]

Can ya guess what it is yet ?

[insert some heavy breathing and just the merest hint of wobble-board action here]

Just add something a bit pointy here ...

... and a few Dancing Men (looking distinctly under the influence it has to be said !) on the green bit ...

... and then a kinda round shaped thing over there ...

Can ya guess what its now ?

Well good on ya mate, you're dead right cobber, it's a brand spanking shiny new never been seen before Glasto World Cup Badge ... and it's all mine :(

[insert absolutely shedloads of wobble-board action here]

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy ! 'tis almost as good as getting a l'il something from Mr.Seetickets t'other day methinks !

[insert Pear Cider here ... any old excuse being a very good excuse and all that]

Yeah, I know what I said, but curiosity and impatience got the better of me as per usual I'm afraid so I bunged Mr.Printer a few quid over the weekend for a sneaky preview :( It's very nice :) but would be way better if I could actually get to the bottom of the graininess issues etc. :) Now if only I had a half-decent digicam and could actually take something even remotely close to a half-decent piccy with it then I'd post one ! But as I haven't and couldn't anyway, you're just going to have put up with the most unbelievably cr@p piccy ever and believe me that's Mr.Badge is so much better when viewed in the flesh so to speak rather than being badly photographed with a cr@ppy very old camera that I can't drive, reduced in size and then JPEGed:

gwc%20badge.jpg

... wanders off to forage for munchies to enjoy with the Pear Cider in the sunshine whilst thinking (not very much it has to be said) about all those who are (allegedly) working whilst reading this :)

Edited by Chazeboy

I'm quite sure that yours are equally fine and you're just being as picky as I am right now !! It's only a stupid badge and not a work of art and all that, as I got told earlier on today when whining to someone about printers almost always being a right old PITA :)

But the thing is I got a sheet of laser plots done at the place I often use just round the corner from me this afternoon ... and they're totally bl**dy excellent. Size is about right, alignment is spot on, they're crisp, clear, not grainy, even the colour density/balance is OKish. You can easily see all of the mega-fine detail and other stuff I use for checking/alignment, all of which is around 3 thousandths of an inch or <0.1mm in size. Compare that to what I got in the post and it's defo "not really a happy bunny time" I'm afraid ! Exactly the same artwork just thrown straight to the printer, no messing around, tweaking or anything at all yet several orders of magnitude better results. It's like comparing a piccy in a high quality glossy mag to one in the cr@ppiest of cr@p newspapers from donkey's years ago. I don't know what to do now and I suspect I'm just going to have to live with it unfortunately but I really wish I'd sorted something out last year cos it's winding me up bigtime ... again :O

Great badge mikeb.

Unfortunately we don't have a clue how many will turn up. We hope that we can get a small crowd from on here and by handing out flyers then it will build up as people walk past and wonder whats going on.

Right this thread is now so huge I think it might put people of looking at it so I'm going to ask Neil to close it and I'll start a nice shiny fresh one that people wont be put off by having to look through 100 pages. :P

by the way, I know the players who donated are getting the tshirt we are playing in, but are we also getting one of mikeb's badges?

Players - we are now down to 5 England memento tops left.

If you want to keep one after the game a £10 donation on the www.justgiving.co./glastoworldcup site is required.

There is still 11 ROW tops left. I don't think they have the same passion for the game as the English! :lol:

Great badge mikeb.

Unfortunately we don't have a clue how many will turn up. We hope that we can get a small crowd from on here and by handing out flyers then it will build up as people walk past and wonder whats going on.

Right this thread is now so huge I think it might put people of looking at it so I'm going to ask Neil to close it and I'll start a nice shiny fresh one that people wont be put off by having to look through 100 pages. :lol:

I've put out a bit of advertising about it on Twitter as well....and it's been earmarked as a meet for group called twitterbury.....there are a couple of hundred of people on there ATM.

I included a picture of the flyer and it's caused quite a bit interest on there!

You will be getting one of chazeboy's badges.