Moto GP

t8yman

shame they can't do a season on the same bikes. They'd only be one winner.

Stoner knows that. But he wont play 2nd fiddle to anyone, especially Rossi. And hes retiring obviously.

Ducati have offered Rossi 17m to stay. Even if hes not doing it on the track his commercial value is still massive. He has to go though. He had a rather public pop at the bike/team last week which is unusual for him. Something about giving it an extra push when needed and nothing happened. He just can't that extra few percent from the bike.

Stoner knows that. But he wont play 2nd fiddle to anyone, especially Rossi. And hes retiring obviously.

Ducati have offered Rossi 17m to stay. Even if hes not doing it on the track his commercial value is still massive. He has to go though. He had a rather public pop at the bike/team last week which is unusual for him. Something about giving it an extra push when needed and nothing happened. He just can't that extra few percent from the bike.

I've missed the last couple if races, away at fests. But I sort-of thought that Rossi would stay at Ducati until he got some joy from the bike, but I guess not.

Any news on whether the brit guy (forget his name) is getting the Ducati? I reckon he might be good on that.

I've missed the last couple if races, away at fests. But I sort-of thought that Rossi would stay at Ducati until he got some joy from the bike, but I guess not.

Any news on whether the brit guy (forget his name) is getting the Ducati? I reckon he might be good on that.

Cal Crutchlow? Yeah looks like hes in pole to take Rossi's bike. Ducati will keep Hayden I'm sure.

Hes improving rapidly and raced the last few with a smashed ankle.

You've missed nothing though in the last few races. Fairly boring. Although Rossi came off last week at 125mph in Laguna Seca. Lucky boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vW3SxFeBw4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Huge crash yesterday from Lorenzo.Lucky boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45HMCP4VA1E

Fairly average season. Looking forward to Rossi back at Yamaha and Marquez on Stoners Honda next season. Should freshen it up!

Marquez had one of the greatest races I've ever seen yesterday in Moto2. Started back of the grid, in 33rd, due to being penalised in practice, and was 11th by the end of lap 1 and 1st with two laps to go and won it.

He overtook 21 riders in the first lap!! On a wet track! ohmy.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in0aF1mY04w

Edited by The Nal

Marquez had one of the greatest races I've ever seen yesterday in Moto2. Started back of the grid, in 33rd, due to being penalised in practice, and was 11th by the end of lap 1 and 1st with two laps to go and won it.

He overtook 21 riders in the first lap!! On a wet track! ohmy.png

I was watching that - on the BBC red button - and two laps from the end the beeb did an ITV classic. The broadcast just stopped, and a message popped up saying that the broadcast was over ... I dashed to my PC to try and get the last two laps on the beeb's website, but it was all over by the time it had fired up. I was pissed off big time!

The moto3 race was excellent, with Danny Kent winning after he'd dived past new world champion Cortese at the last corner.

And Cortese's interview afterwards was great (bear in mind this was at lunchtime) ... when asked about getting beat he said something like "fuck, I was a second ahead going into the last lap, I didn't know Danny was coming. I was pissed when he went past me" :lol:

I was watching that - on the BBC red button - and two laps from the end the beeb did an ITV classic. The broadcast just stopped, and a message popped up saying that the broadcast was over ... I dashed to my PC to try and get the last two laps on the beeb's website, but it was all over by the time it had fired up. I was pissed off big time!

The moto3 race was excellent, with Danny Kent winning after he'd dived past new world champion Cortese at the last corner.

And Cortese's interview afterwards was great (bear in mind this was at lunchtime) ... when asked about getting beat he said something like "fuck, I was a second ahead going into the last lap, I didn't know Danny was coming. I was pissed when he went past me" laugh.png

haha. Love that passionate stuff. The F1 lads were at it too.

• 4 months later...

Never knew there was a Moto GP fanbase here :)

3 weeks to kick off, don't watch much of Moto 2 so not overly familiar with Marquez but he blitzed practice and at 20 is being muted as possibly getting the crown in his 1st year.

Can't wait for the season opener.

oh, you should definitely watch moto2 - it much much MUCH better than motoGP, cos the bikes performance is much closer. moto3 is excellent too.

I love watching Rossi cos he's a proper racer, but if he's not in the mix then I often find motoGP to a bit on the boring side. Wheeel-to-wheel is where it's at, and you get most of that in moto2.

Marquez is absolutely spectacular. His first lap in Valencia last year was some of the best Ive ever seen. Reminded me of Rossi. 33rd to 11th in one lap! And then went on to win.

Can't wait for this season. Stoner the moaner gone, Rossi back at Yamaha and Marquez is the fastest in testing at the moment! Could be looking at a debut world champion this year. Hes that good.

Looking forward to the Superbikes too.

Edited by The Nal

I do love close racing and can argue the lower classes, closer racing thing all day long. With so much racing on TV including F1, takes too much time to view, so yeah i do watch the underclasses but not very often. Have to concentrate my attention on the pinnacle of development :)

Stoner was something special but kind of boring to watch, If he'd only learned to taunt the other guys a bit more the TV audience would have loved him to death.

Anyway, for me, BSB, Moto GP and Grand Prix Speedway is where its at, with a secondary view of WSB. Looking forward to the seasons starting in earnest.

Oh, almost forgot to mention the IOM TT. I hope you guys saw the movie TT3D: Closer to the Edge? Up there with the best racing docs of all time.

Edited by whisty

I do love close racing and can argue the lower classes, closer racing thing all day long. With so much racing on TV including F1, takes too much time to view, so yeah i do watch the underclasses but not very often. Have to concentrate my attention on the pinnacle of development :)

Stoner was something special but kind of boring to watch, If he'd only learned to taunt the other guys a bit more the TV audience would have loved him to death.

Anyway, for me, BSB, Moto GP and Grand Prix Speedway is where its at, with a secondary view of WSB. Looking forward to the seasons starting in earnest.

Oh, almost forgot to mention the IOM TT. I hope you guys saw the movie TT3D: Closer to the Edge? Up there with the best racing docs of all time.

not seen it, nope - but I'm not so interested in against-the-clock racing, tho I do appreciate just how nuts the riders are on those roads. :lol:

You really should find the time to check out a few moto2 &/or 3 races - it's like Rossi at his peak, with everyone at the front overtaking everyone else at the front at nearly every corner. There was a fab m3 race last season where a Brit (forget his name) started the last lap in 5th and came in first, with some great dicing around (I think there might even be a youtube vid embedded in this thread of that).

not seen it, nope - but I'm not so interested in against-the-clock racing, tho I do appreciate just how nuts the riders are on those roads. :lol:

You really should find the time to check out a few moto2 &/or 3 races - it's like Rossi at his peak, with everyone at the front overtaking everyone else at the front at nearly every corner. There was a fab m3 race last season where a Brit (forget his name) started the last lap in 5th and came in first, with some great dicing around (I think there might even be a youtube vid embedded in this thread of that).

I promise to watch a few M2 & 3 races this year on the basis that you watch the movie, it's not about the racing so much as the characters. If you're not hooked within the 1st 5 minutes I'll eat my tyres.

I promise to watch a few M2 & 3 races this year on the basis that you watch the movie, it's not about the racing so much as the characters. If you're not hooked within the 1st 5 minutes I'll eat my tyres.

Yeah agree 100%. You'll love it Neil. Anyone who has even a passing interest in motorsport would love it.

Edited by The Nal

I'm not one for movies but I am for docs, so there's a fair chance I might. :)

Talking of characters, have you noticed how Guy Martin has become the new Fred Dibnah? :lol:

I'm not one for movies but I am for docs, so there's a fair chance I might. :)

Talking of characters, have you noticed how Guy Martin has become the new Fred Dibnah? :lol:

Guy Martin being the central focus of the Doc is better at that than his Dibnah impersonations would suggest. Anybody who watches the doc becomes an immediate fan of Guy Martin, that includes a lot of Women funnily enough.

My last word is that it has to be watched :)

Edited by whisty

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good for the rest of the year & so good to see Rossi back at the sharp end but still can't see him getting the better of Lorenzo. Marquez looks like adding some sparks to the mix, good stuff all in all. I just wish Crutchlow had managed to get himself a truly competitive ride, am very curious to see if he could mix it with the best. Can't wait for the next race.

Looking good for the rest of the year & so good to see Rossi back at the sharp end but still can't see him getting the better of Lorenzo. Marquez looks like adding some sparks to the mix, good stuff all in all. I just wish Crutchlow had managed to get himself a truly competitive ride, am very curious to see if he could mix it with the best. Can't wait for the next race.

I think Rossi has a great chance. He made a mistake yesterday which cost him 3 places. Which he got back. If he didn't go wide early he may have had a shot at catching Jorge - who was absolutely "perfetto" as Rossi said to him after. So probably unlikely but you never know. Jorge didn't put a foot wrong all race.

Marquez is very exciting though isn't he? A pure racer. Very aggressive. So glad hes made the step up from Moto 2 and transitioned so easily. The joy on his face after having raced the last 10 laps against his hero is what sport is all about for me.

I think Crutchlow is going to struggle this year to get on podiums. The Yamahas and Hondas are too strong, as are the Yamahas and Honda riders.

Edited by The Nal