Moto GP

t8yman

ton up at last for the italian waiter as one of my mates decribes him he reckons the moaner is a much better rider just for taming the duke like he only seemingly can. give one to rossi and burgess and i think they would make it go even quicker

i think however we have yet to see the best from the honda,s as they struggle to get the right set up for the tyres

fantastic celebrations with the 100 win photo montage that was some piece of work

note to self think of 6 numbers for saturday night

good win for pedrosa (did you see how small he was next to rossi in the park ferme) though i think stoner would have got it had he not still been ill hard to belivie that the docs can,t get him sorted as yet other than that after the excitment of lasts year race bit of an anti climax...good high sides from lorenzo again in practice

think toseland has also just hit the final nail into the coffin that is his gp career by getting black flagged

Edited by Binky

• 1 month later...
Casey Stoner out for the next 3 races. Hope hes ok. Another title for The Doctor then??!!..... Cant see Lorenzo catching him. Not with the same bike.

i,m not so sure on that one the doctor proved all too well at donnington that he his capable of schoolboy errors although i think thats one of his big strenghths in that he is a racer first and last and the win is always his goal

lorenzo well if only he can stay on for the rest of the season then he,s in with a chance same bike after all

i,m not so sure on that one the doctor proved all too well at donnington that he his capable of schoolboy errors although i think thats one of his big strenghths in that he is a racer first and last and the win is always his goal

lorenzo well if only he can stay on for the rest of the season then he,s in with a chance same bike after all

Lorenzo has a chance but only if Rossi makes a few more mistakes and Lorenzo rides perfectly till the end of the season. How far behind is he?

22 points. Just cant see Rossi being beaten by the same bike.

tis only 22 points and thats only 1 dnf for rossi for whatever reason crash or mech failure, remember how many points nicky hayden won the championship by??

rossi has got the mind battle won over most of the field at the moment but the young guns are slowly catching up

just what the doctor ordered it seems

bit like lcuna seca last year when stoner tryied to go round on the outside and got unstuck on a bit of what they call the dirty stuff lorenzo did the same it what was going to be a great race to the line again

seems this year the title is rossi,s to lose

• 2 weeks later...

tis easy 1 dnf and the race title is on again great if your choice of rider is lorenzo or moaner but not for rossi,s fans

dumpy dani also hit the dirt but was lucky to have little damage to himself or the bike

i think they said that the circuit they were on is hardly used so as rossi found out get off line even a little bit and down you go,for a world championship race mind you is that really acceptable and safe even?

nice to see hayden get the duke on the steps though

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy shit that crash was horrible. I cant say I was that aware of Shoya, I've been out of the moto gp loop for a bit.

RIP Shoya Tomizawa.

He was a Moto2 rider, not a MotoGP rider.

Yep, it was a horrible crash, and there was nothing those two other riders could do but hit him.

I guess at the end of the day those two riders will know that Shoya Tomizawa will have known the risks of racing, and that if the death was anyone's fault it was Shoya's own, as he crashed without the direct involvement of another rider. Hopefully those facts will help those two riders get past their involvement.

awful crash to watch :O:( It's been a bad week for bike racing this week, 2 riders were killed over here (isle of man) in the manx grand prix this week in the same incident and another is in a serious condition, and a 13 year old was aslo killed racing in america :O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bumping this HUGELY popular thread.......

For anyone that didnt see it.

Rossi vs Lorenzo in Japan. Keep in mind they are team mates and Lorenzo is going for the title. Are you watching Formula One??!!

The lap before this they touched a couple of times, there were elbows going in, the lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RQA52m9as

Edited by The Nal

Rossi vs Lorenzo in Japan. Keep in mind they are team mates and Lorenzo is going for the title. Are you watching Formula One??!!

They're team-mates who hate the sight of each other. It's why Rossi is off to Ducati - they both insisted the other went or they would, and Yamaha see Lorenzo as the future and Rossi as nearing the end of his career.

But as Sunday showed yet again, Rossi is still the king. Given the way he took Yamaha from an uncompetitive team to winners in his very first race with them, I can't wait to see what he gets out of the far more competitive Ducati. :D

They're team-mates who hate the sight of each other. It's why Rossi is off to Ducati - they both insisted the other went or they would, and Yamaha see Lorenzo as the future and Rossi as nearing the end of his career.

But as Sunday showed yet again, Rossi is still the king. Given the way he took Yamaha from an uncompetitive team to winners in his very first race with them, I can't wait to see what he gets out of the far more competitive Ducati. :D

I loved Rossi's interview after the race when it was clear the team and Lorenzo weren't happy with him: "But we had a great battle for three laps, congratulations to him [Lorenzo], it was a great battle."

He was genuinely happy about the excitement of it all. Such a basic love of the sport.

But what of his "I will help Jorge to win the title" promise!!?!! :lol:

I just knew that Rossi was gonna win yesterday (as long as it didn't rain). Rossi was saying "you're not much of a world champion Jorge, I just whipped your arse". :lol: :lol:

And there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that next year - barring injuries that have him miss some races - that Rossi will walk it. There's no rider who gets close to his talent, and with a new challenge at Ductai he'll be raring to go.

I just knew that Rossi was gonna win yesterday (as long as it didn't rain). Rossi was saying "you're not much of a world champion Jorge, I just whipped your arse". :lol: :lol:

And there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that next year - barring injuries that have him miss some races - that Rossi will walk it. There's no rider who gets close to his talent, and with a new challenge at Ductai he'll be raring to go.

It’ll take him a few races to get into it, he’ll miss some pre season too for his shoulder operation, but makes for a great season next year. Yesterday (last week too) shows how good he is. Really wouldn’t surprise me if he dropped down to 11th on purpose! He got from 11th to 3rd in 4 laps!! :lol: He looked like he was slalom skiing at one point.

I don’t like Jorge, not sure why.

Edited by The Nal

It’ll take him a few races to get into it, he’ll miss some pre season too for his shoulder operation, but makes for a great season next year. Yesterday (last week too) shows how good he is. Really wouldn’t surprise me if he dropped down to 11th on purpose! He got from 11th to 3rd in 4 laps!! :lol: He looked like he was slalom skiing at one point.

I don’t like Jorge, not sure why.

Nah, it won't take Rossi a few races - the man is a genius on 2 wheels.

When he joined Yamaha they'd not won any races for years - and in his very first race he won, with a bike that everyone thought was uncompetitive. The Ducati is reckoned to be as good as any other leading bike, so he'll need to do much less with it to be winning, so he'll be winning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...