Moto GP

t8yman

On 09/05/2016 at 10:41 AM, The Nal said:

Has Lorenzo ever lost a race when hes got out front? Unreal. The Marquez/Dovi double crash was unique. Rossi very strong again. Has the makings of a cracking season.

Yep that crash was very strange, I never got to hear if they gave a reason. Lorenzo is a seriously good rider, a bit boring to watch when out front, be interesting to see if he can make the Ducatti work next year. 

16 hours ago, The Nal said:

What a last lap! Shame about Rossi.

Yep a cracker for sure, thought Marquez had it in the bag! Rossi, oh my, would have been some kind of race with him in the mix.  

Watched the brief review of the Moto 2&3 races, the Moto 3 guys going into the 1st corner after slipstreaming each other was something to behold & Sam Lowes leading the Moto 2 points table :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2016 at 0:23 PM, The Nal said:

First death in 5 years. RIP Moto 2 rider Luis Salom.

2 Fatals at the IOM TT on the 1st day, rip. Love the TT but really don't know how it survives in these days of health and safety. 

Nice win for Rossi, Ianone is a nut job! 

Bad day for the TT Saturday after a perfect week of practice last week, big shock Paul shoesmith losing his life, very popular guy....looking at the place where he crashed it seems he had an engine seize at 180+ mph :o

The TT will always survive, we get this every year, all the riders know the risks, that's why they do it. 

Anyway, fantastic days racing today, two wins for hutcy and I had the privilege of passes into parc ferme in scorching sunshine, another 4 days of it yet too 

7 hours ago, modey said:

Anyway, fantastic days racing today, two wins for hutcy and I had the privilege of passes into parc ferme in scorching sunshine, another 4 days of it yet too 

Supremely jealous, never been, always wanted to go but clash with Glastonbury and such. Am waiting for Glastonburys year off then it's all systems go for the TT.  Oh and the spoiler for Hutchy up there before I can get to ITVs catch all but a nice name to see a win against, can't wait to watch the footage :)

Sorry about the spoiler :( . I'm just lucky to live here and virtually next to the course so I get to watch the TT every year, just take it for granted really but always amazes me how far people travel to come and watch the TT, was talking to a group from Australia and US yesterday .

my view yesterday.

image.jpeg

Edited by modey
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lowes knocked off by title contender, shocking :wink:

Brilliant by Cal to come second to a flying Suzuki on a second string bike, that's some result. Shame the Suzuki tyres didn't rubber out like they usually do :)

Edited by whisty

Really enjoyed that race, watched without fast forward :) Great ride from Pedrosa, never really had any feelings for him until I watched those series of docs, shame he's never worn the crown really. Anyway 1 dnf from Marquez wouldn't go amiss to heat the title chase up :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2016 at 2:21 PM, The Nal said:

Very odd season. Enjoyable but no real rivalry to latch onto.

4 DNFs from Rossi. 0 from Marquez. 

3 contenders for Moto 2, might be worth a watch this weekend. Been away a few weeks, missed the last one, DNF's make the difference I guess!