Moto GP

t8yman

There are 2 other movies made by the same guy that made Hitting the Apex, they're just as good and take you back if you like that kind of thing, my memory is like that of a goldfish so good stuff for me :)

3 actually! All worth a watch.

1. Faster.

2. The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid.

3. Fastest.

Haven't watched yet but know Rossi only has to come 2nd to Lorenzo in the remaining races to win. Looking good for him.

Great end to the race yesterday. Unmissable last 3 races. Jorge and Vale both very strong historically on these tracks too. Love this time of the year. 3 races in 3 weeks! Get in!

Valentino_Rossi_wheelie.jpg

Sad news about Alex de Angelis though. In critical condition after a bad crash where he hit the metal barrier.

Edited by The Nal

Ahh, didn't know about 2. The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid. I'll check it out, thanks. That's bad about Alex, thought they'd put barriers almost out of reach at most circuits to stop that kind of thing. 

Hope I'm lucky enough to watch live whomever wins the the crown this year and thumbs up if it's Rossi, reckon it's his last chance realistically. 

That's bad about Alex, thought they'd put barriers almost out of reach at most circuits to stop that kind of thing. 

Hope I'm lucky enough to watch live whomever wins the the crown this year and thumbs up if it's Rossi, reckon it's his last chance realistically. 

Probably yeah. Marquez will be a lot more careful next season I would assume. Hes "had his crashes" as the phrase goes.

Seems de Angelis lost control completely and swerved into the barrier. Since I last posted hes talking again so seems its good news.

Alex-de-Angelis1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Only watched yesterday, was advised not to look up the result before watching and had all sorts of preconceptions about crashes and Rossi winning. Well what a race, best in recent years, easy. RIP the Seagull but you wouldn't mind having Iannone in front of goal after that amazing header :)

Cant wait for tomorrow. 

Having looked back on the last 2 races, its seems Marquez may have been trying to slow Rossi down alright.

Last race will be fascinating. Rossi will be 6th or 7th after 6 or 7 laps Ill bet.

Anyway, Rossi fans! Got to love them.

https://www.change.org/p/motogp-race-director-mike-webb-remove-the-penalty-from-valentino-rossi-and-bring-back-integrity-to-the-championship-2246013d-9c5a-44e9-b306-02c667fce09c?recruiter=9346586

Edited by The Nal

Having looked back on the last 2 races, its seems Marquez may have been trying to slow Rossi down alright.

The race director acknowledged that, at least for the last race. Some scepticism surrounding the nationalist aspect is floating around also. Can't ignore those things. Marquez should have done the right thing, either held off ie not affect the championship outcome by dicing every corner and obviously holding Rossi up or just gone for the win like he's constantly saying that's all that's left for him this season. I don't think Rossi knocked him off but did slow him and push him out of the corner, it was a slow corner so nobody was going to get hurt, could easily have pushed him out on a fast one. He should be penalised for that but if it means him losing the championship then imho don't think that's fair.

Anyway, best season for many a year, hope Rossi does the impossible and gets the crown.

Edited by whisty

Talking of pushing people out. this happened over the weekend. Pederson (white helmet) a notorious hard rider pushes the Australian wild card, Masters (yellow helmet) out towards the fence during the race. Personally I'd have liked to see Rossi get this fired up :) Watch till the end to see the right hook!

Talking of pushing people out. this happened over the weekend. Pederson (white helmet) a notorious hard rider pushes the Australian wild card, Masters (yellow helmet) out towards the fence during the race. Personally I'd have liked to see Rossi get this fired up :) Watch till the end to see the right hook!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Danny Kent in danger of blowing it after having such a lead, should have tied it up 2 GP's ago, looks like nerves are getting to him. Moto3 almost as exciting as the top tier for tomorrow. 

Who's going to wear the crown!! Can't wait. 

Edited by whisty

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

I thought he was going to do it at one stage! Good thing Lorenzo had his wingman with him for the last few races. Yesterday was particularly obvious.

Cracking season. As much as I wanted Rossi to win, Lorenzo deserves it imho. Rossi really struggles to beat him unless it's wet. As for the wingman, unless Lorenzo is purely about cash, if Marquez did the job for him then it'll play on his mind forever "I only won because of Marquez". 

As you say, roll on next year. Danny Kent will be in Moto2 on a decent bike this time. If he stands out, who knows, we might have a brit in the top tier on a competitive  bike  the following year. Live in hope. 

• 4 months later...

Been a while but we're back on track! Rossi already moaning about Lorenzo in qualifying . Danny Kent 2nd spot on the moto2 grid. Can't wait although work will make it monday before I can feast on the footage. 

Picked up where it left off then. The Ducatis must have a secret turbo or something, wondering how they'll do on a shorter track, looked good tho, shame whatsisname (not Crutchlow) fell off :) 

• 2 weeks later...

WTF was Iannone thinking? Very luck break for Rossi.

Interesting body language after the race between Vale and Marquez. Didn't even make eye contact.

On 3/21/2016 at 3:58 PM, whisty said:

Picked up where it left off then. The Ducatis must have a secret turbo or something, wondering how they'll do on a shorter track, looked good tho, shame whatsisname (not Crutchlow) fell off :) 

As he did yesterday. Great to see Laverty up there!

Edited by The Nal

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

WTF was Iannone thinking? Very luck break for Rossi.

Interesting body language after the race between Vale and Marquez. Didn't even make eye contact.

As he did yesterday. Great to see Laverty up there!

Can't argue ^^ although as I saw it,  Iannone went for quite a large gap and lost the front braking to avoid Dovvi coming in on him. I think The Texan Tornado mentioned that corner lends itself to that kind of manouvre, so a racing incident with a BIG fine from the team for Iannone from what Hodgson said.  Rossi dead lucky and admitted so, shame his 2nd bike wasn't the same, mind you his changing horses was quite a bit slower than Marquez spring chicken effort. 

For me I enjoyed the race, great for Laverty :) Bring on the next one.

Snoooooozefest other than Pedrosa, I do feel sorry for him sometimes & of course Dovi, disregarding the fact he used to beat up Crutchlow on a regular basis. Roll on Europe. 

Edited by whisty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...