Cricket

greeneyes1980

Hoggard and harmison got dropped before the natural end of their careers to make way for broad and Anderson, a decision that's been fully justified. This isn't meant to suggest they weren't talented or didn't perform, but Anderson and broad have just been that good.

I am not really... They where stronger... but it was still very much an Aussie team on the start of a downward slide as well. Warne was not the force he had been etc etc...

So while the 2005 side deserve a lot of plaudits I still think its somewhat overstate how "great" they where.

Warne was not the force he had been? Think you need a lie down Bazza

• 2 weeks later...

No Simon Jones??????

Just seen this Scruff :P

I was v. torn on Simon Jones, excellent bowler in 2005 and such a shame his career was cut short. My final decision was based on the type of bowler, Jones similar to Anderson as a swing bowler and I think Anderson just about comes out on top. Harmison had the ability to ruffle bowlers, intimidate 'em when there was little swing.

If I was picking on sheer ability though, and not to win a test match, Jones would be in there ahead of Harmison. Harmison was very unpredictable at times, especially towards the end. 

Lyth gets himself out again after doing the hard work to get in.

It's so frustrating as he always manages to see off the new ball, he's only got out really early once or twice, but then does something stupid at 1st/2nd change. He's clearly able to defend properly and has a good range of shots, he just makes a stupid decision every innings.