Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Justice could be a "closer" rather than a headliner! Like Skrillex closed after Placebo, Deadmau5 after QOTSA and some dj after Outkast (2014).

They could pull it out with a strong sub, popular in Hungary and that don't mind playing a part of its set during daytime (so the combo NIN/Justice is not possible). 

But I'd love to see them at 23h45 in the A38! Preferably after Kygo or Dua Lipa so I could secure my place in the tent early :)

Also I hope Brockhampton/Alvvays/Portugal. The Man will be added from this lineup.

Or Imagine a combo Bon Iver/The National for the last headline spot :D too much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portugal. The Man seems unlikely unfortunately. They are on tour in the US until August 10. And on August 18 they are in Japan.

Would love to see them though. So if they could schedule a performance at Sziget in between, that would be perfect.

For the people that don't want Imagine Dragons to be the final headliner. Well they aren't, as they are playing a show in Tampa (US) on the 10th of August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Nice to see some activity/activities! :)

They populated the app for 2018

this week too so they are working ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of size is the A38 stage compared to the main one? Sziget newbie here. Just wondering how it might compare to any of the other Glastonbury Festival big stages such as Other Stage, West Hoults, John Peel, etc.? For example Justice didn't headline the Pyramid stage but did headline West Hoults which is where so many amazing acts headline like Underworld, etc. 

In addition to wishing for Justice would be brilliant if Sziget would get the Chemical Brothers back as they are starting their whole new show or Underworld or Faithless. But the Chemical Brothers played the main stage didn't they rather than the A38? And I realise that it's unlikely they'd get a band back two years running.  I'd also love The National, The XX, Alvvays. Public Service Broadcasting. Would be brilliant if they'd get a brilliant vintage band like The The who are also just about to do a big tour.

Edited by FionaFiona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FionaFiona said:

What kind of size is the A38 stage compared to the main one? Sziget newbie here. Just wondering how it might compare to any of the other Glastonbury Festival big stages such as Other Stage, West Hoults, John Peel, etc.? For example Justice didn't headline the Pyramid stage but did headline West Hoults which is where so many amazing acts headline like Underworld, etc. 

In addition to wishing for Justice would be brilliant if Sziget would get the Chemical Brothers back as they are starting their whole new show or Underworld or Faithless. But the Chemical Brothers played the main stage didn't they rather than the A38? And I realise that it's unlikely they'd get a band back two years running.  I'd also love The National, The XX, Alvvays. Public Service Broadcasting. Would be brilliant if they'd get a brilliant vintage band like The The who are also just about to do a big tour.

I think you can forget The Who.

Chemical Brothers are a possibility (played in 2016, it's ok). I'd love Alvvays from your list too!

The A38 is a really big tent, not sure about the numbers though. Interpol headlined it one night, Travis Scott as well... it can vary and depend on the main stage program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. That's really helpful about the A38.  

So we just need Sziget to read this and book Justice, Chemical Brothers and so on. 

I didn't mean the Who but I can see why it looked that way. I meant The The but they aren't necessarily the type of band that Sziget would go for so very unlikely I imagine. 

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sziget books The Chemical Brothers and Justice, that would be amazing.

How likely would it be for The Chemical Brothers to be announced for Sziget. The only day they could still play is Friday the 10th, as they're certainly headliner/main stage material. The next day, the 11th, they have a show in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Noahh said:

If Sziget books The Chemical Brothers and Justice, that would be amazing.

How likely would it be for The Chemical Brothers to be announced for Sziget. The only day they could still play is Friday the 10th, as they're certainly headliner/main stage material. The next day, the 11th, they have a show in the UK.

They headlined in 2016 but it’s hard to imagine doing sziget then a UK date on back to back days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping for Bjork as last headliner, touring and no dates around Hungary so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FionaFiona said:

I didn't mean the Who but I can see why it looked that way. I meant The The but they aren't necessarily the type of band that Sziget would go for so very unlikely I imagine. 

oh yeah sorry I misread :)

I think we can expect 4 more main announcements:

- the headliner, if its size permits a solo announcement
- a big batch of names to complete main stage, A38 and party arena
- world music full lineup
- colosseum full lineup

i also find some gems every year on the europe stage, and i discovered one of the most promising band (Teapot Industries) thanks to the smallest stage (Lightstage).

So if you're already satisfied with the lineup it's good, but it'll get better :)

as of Bjork @thetime, she canceled her only date in august (paredes de coura) so i think she's out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The A38 is about a John Peel sized tent I'd say - but it is rectangular, long and narrow, with a bar in the middle! So the dynamics are a bit different if it's an act you really want to see. So, in many ways it's not as big, but it will host John Peel sized acts with room to spare. I have comfortably seen The Vaccines, Jess Glynn and Chvrches in there and got far forward with plenty of room to move.

 

You can only enter the area of it from the back, but once in, there is a grassy area outside down the right hand side, and entrances into the tent nearer the front. As there is no way in down the left hand side, it's good to try and think of a way to get over there if you can, as it'll be densely packed near the doors sometimes, but far less so once you get a little way in. Although - bear in mind that it gets ridiculously hot! So you might stay closer to the right to be able to breathe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much to you all for answering my questions. Really useful info. Great to hear about all the different stages too. I like the sound of them. Very helpful info about access to the A38 stage. 

Just checked out Teapot Industries. Only heard one track so far but sounds intriguing. Will listen to more. Festivals are such a great way to find bands you've never heard before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FionaFiona said:

Thanks so much to you all for answering my questions. Really useful info. Great to hear about all the different stages too. I like the sound of them. Very helpful info about access to the A38 stage. 

Just checked out Teapot Industries. Only heard one track so far but sounds intriguing. Will listen to more. Festivals are such a great way to find bands you've never heard before.

 

Axesome :) check out vieillesse time live at circolo degli artisti!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just planning ahead and thinking about how much i need to save for this. We are staying in an apartment in the city and staying for the full 7 days. I have seen the prices are about €2 a beer so would £100 per day be reasonable? How much does everyone else spend there?
TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than reasonable I' say, in 2016 I think I spent around 600 and that's flights/ air bnb/ ticket, the whole shebang. I wasn't being particularly frugal either, I was buying food and cocktails in the fest (though I did sneak vodka in for extra value). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manxboba said:

Just planning ahead and thinking about how much i need to save for this. We are staying in an apartment in the city and staying for the full 7 days. I have seen the prices are about €2 a beer so would £100 per day be reasonable? How much does everyone else spend there?
TIA

You won’t need that much, nowhere near. Although it’s nice to take to much than to little.

went for 9 days last year and took £600 and came back with the equivalent to £200. 

As you are in a apartment, remember to get the CityPass.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son and I spent about 250/300 each for the 7 days, that was food and lots of it as well. We were not scrimping and there are plenty bars and food there.  Get a city pass it's about £40 £ 5 a day and that allows you on all transport and the boat is great for getting there. You also get a free spa day on it. Exchange your cash over there or use a credit card. . We spent a few pounds in the city as we were there for 10 days. . Pints were about 1.70 in the ruins pubs and food is cheap as well. 

Plenty bars and easy to get served, £ 100 @ days is more than enough but take English money and only exchange it when needed. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.