NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

3 hours ago, OG said:

Just having a wander through york Christmas market and seen the  steam powered boat man that's at Glastonbury every year has a stall here 

I've bought loads of them over the years. I haven't got a single one now. I don't know where they've all got to, as I didn't give them away as presents.

First choral concert done! It went really well, and my friends in the audience enjoyed it :) WOO! 

Second one is on Sunday- it's two different choirs and different styles of music, last night was classical, this weekend is popular songs mainly. I love singing!! 

Hope everyone is staying warm, have we got anyone snowed in?! 

46 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

First choral concert done! It went really well, and my friends in the audience enjoyed it :) WOO! 

Second one is on Sunday- it's two different choirs and different styles of music, last night was classical, this weekend is popular songs mainly. I love singing!! 

we've had a few flakes but we're not snowed in.  i think others must be though cos we're not looking good on the booking front for this weekend :( 

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Barely had a flake here, been feeling a bit jealous seeing all the FB posts about sledging and snowman building.

In other news, gumby jr has just done his first performance of the school nativity. He's such a show off! :D

Here's 3 of my Glastonbury pieces.. I'm doing a project where I'll do 12 pieces all about glasto festival.. I've got 7 finished so far.. 

So here's 3..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/564518002/the-pyramid-glastonbury-festival?ref=listing-shop-header-0

36 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Here's 3 of my Glastonbury pieces.. I'm doing a project where I'll do 12 pieces all about glasto festival.. I've got 7 finished so far.. 

So here's 3..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/564518002/the-pyramid-glastonbury-festival?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Hello guy. There has been two times in my life when the configuration of the sun and the moon, and earth, have really blown my mind. The first was when I was lying on a single bed in a single room of a kind of a commune that I was living in, at the time. I had had a smoke and went to lie down to watch Withnail & I for the first time. I looked out of the window, and I could see the sun and the moon. I realized that I was on another blob of mass called earth, and the whole thing hit me like a ton of shit. It was spacial awareness gone utterly doo lally mad in terms of my appreciation of where I stood in the greater scheme of things.

The second time this happened to me was when I was on a gulet in Turkey sailing from island to island etc. This time I was stone cold sober, having forced myself off the drink etc by attending AA meetings for a period of two years. However, I was lying on deck, on my own, when I saw the same sun / moon thing, and it all flooded back to me again. 

I haven't just seen the same or exactly experienced the same, but your art works have reminded me of those two times. Are we in the Matrix? Who knows? However, I thank you for the reminder in your art works not to give in, and to keep on keeping on. 

All the best with you art guy. :)

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy. There has been two times in my life when the configuration of the sun and the moon, and earth, have really blown my mind. The first was when I was lying on a single bed in a single room of a kind of a commune that I was living in, at the time. I had had a smoke and went to lie down to watch Withnail & I for the first time. I looked out of the window, and I could see the sun and the moon. I realized that I was on another blob of mass called earth, and the whole thing hit me like a ton of shit. It was spacial awareness gone utterly doo lally mad in terms of my appreciation of where I stood in the greater scheme of things.

The second time this happened to me was when I was on a gulet in Turkey sailing from island to island etc. This time I was stone cold sober, having forced myself off the drink etc by attending AA meetings for a period of two years. However, I was lying on deck, on my own, when I saw the same sun / moon thing, and it all flooded back to me again. 

I haven't just seen the same or exactly experienced the same, but your art works have reminded me of those two times. Are we in the Matrix? Who knows? However, I thank you for the reminder in your art works not to give in, and to keep on keeping on. 

All the best with you art guy. :)

Wow that's really great old son.. Thanks for the support and positive words just that has made it worth while doing.. As for the matrix I think we are ALL in it just on different layers.. 

Peace and home made red wine. G

PS could I share that.. On my old son designs page as as I just said that has made it worth me continuing and sticking with it instead of drinking and doing harm to myself.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

1 hour ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Hello :bye:

We had snow @lucyginger quite a bit... didn't get snowed in as such but there were no cars about on Sunday & the town was a veritable ice rink yesterday after -8° Monday night :o

Your artwork @guypjfreak is fabulous.

Very jealous of The Prodigy @vintagelaureate very, very jealous :P

Enjoy carolling, nativity & all things festive one & all :D

Thank you 

On 07/12/2017 at 6:40 PM, mr gumby said:

I'm pretty sure I'll be at Beautiful Days, so I'd be happy to meet you there. I'll be with Oxfam, though, so I wouldn't be able to camp with you, as much as I'd like to :) There is an fb group, called, ingeniously, Beautiful Days chat. Great bunch of people, they have a meet up on the Thursday night. I'll add you to the group, if you like :)

Cheers mate. I’ve just had a scroll through it. Seems a chatty bunch! Still not convinced about it tho. Have you been before? Is there late night stuff going on? 

I wrote the above a few days ago and didn’t post it! Since then I’ve been invited to a friends wedding the Saturday that Beautiful days is on so I guess that’s not happening. I think i’ve Decided to do Bearded theory instead. Just had a look at the line up and there’s a solo camping group. Problem is I’m also at a wedding reception on the Monday evening, pick up at 16:30! I’m sure I can handle it haha. Did you say you were going there or that you wanted to? I know @lucyginger fancies it sometime. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Cheers mate. I’ve just had a scroll through it. Seems a chatty bunch! Still not convinced about it tho. Have you been before? Is there late night stuff going on? 

I wrote the above a few days ago and didn’t post it! Since then I’ve been invited to a friends wedding the Saturday that Beautiful days is on so I guess that’s not happening. I think i’ve Decided to do Bearded theory instead. Just had a look at the line up and there’s a solo camping group. Problem is I’m also at a wedding reception on the Monday evening, pick up at 16:30! I’m sure I can handle it haha. Did you say you were going there or that you wanted to? I know @lucyginger fancies it sometime. 

Hi CG,

Pity about Beautiful Days, some people need to get their priorities straight when planning weddings! :D I am interested in Bearded Theory, the one thing that might put me off is the distance. It's about 7 or 8 hours from Somerset by public transport. Not so bad on the way there, but the journey home could be a right bastard! Oxfam do have a liftshare system for stewards, so I may look into that before putting my name down. 

15 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Hi CG,

Pity about Beautiful Days, some people need to get their priorities straight when planning weddings! :D I am interested in Bearded Theory, the one thing that might put me off is the distance. It's about 7 or 8 hours from Somerset by public transport. Not so bad on the way there, but the journey home could be a right bastard! Oxfam do have a liftshare system for stewards, so I may look into that before putting my name down. 

Distance is always a factor in booking festivals. I’ve joined TWFTPU Bearded theory chat and they’re all lovely and so welcoming. I’m a little bit excited to be going and meeting new friends! If you do decide to go, give me a shout and we’ll meet for a drink. It’s a great line up with still quite a few TBAs. 

6 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Distance is always a factor in booking festivals. I’ve joined TWFTPU Bearded theory chat and they’re all lovely and so welcoming. I’m a little bit excited to be going and meeting new friends! If you do decide to go, give me a shout and we’ll meet for a drink. It’s a great line up with still quite a few TBAs. 

The little bit of lineup that's been announced is really swaying me towards making the trip to get there. Jimmy Cliff and Fun Lovin' Criminals are both in my top 20 of acts I haven't seen who I'd love to. A few other good acts, too. I shall ponder the idea. Oxfam don't offer places until early spring, so I've got time to think about it. Definitely up for meeting you there, if I do go, though! :)

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

The little bit of lineup that's been announced is really swaying me towards making the trip to get there. Jimmy Cliff and Fun Lovin' Criminals are both in my top 20 of acts I haven't seen who I'd love to. A few other good acts, too. I shall ponder the idea. Oxfam don't offer places until early spring, so I've got time to think about it. Definitely up for meeting you there, if I do go, though! :)

That's this year's line up init 

12 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Gumby if I end up going, I could come to you and make the trek up together! 

That's a lovely idea, Lucy, thanks :) One potential issue with that, though, is that if I'm stewarding, I would need to get there the day before gates open. I know some people going a fair distance to a festival like to get most of the journey done, then camp or b&b nearby, so they don't have far to go on the first day, but I'm not sure if that's how you roll. Still, plenty of time to figure it out. 

Happy Friday, everyone! :)

Hello all,

I've got a fair bit of driving to do later today, and then tomorrow and possibly all of Sunday is going to involve full days of hard labour (stop it mr gumby, stop it now!). Then on Monday of got some more major driving to do. Really don't want to be doing this, but the time has arrived and I can't get out of it. The hard graft is all outside work too, so I'm expecting to get quite cold. On top of that I'm staying with a mate in the campervan over at least one night. So, that's going to be cold too. However, I have some pharmaceuticals and smoke ready, so that should cheer the evening side of things up. 

In fact, I'm only writing this because I have now given myself a 10am deadline to start. This has shifted this morning from 7am to 8am to 9am and now is 10am. At 10am there will be no possible way to make it 11am.

So, what am I doing? I'm driving from one part of the country to another, dismantling an enormous log cabin / garden office type building, loading it up on to a HGV, driving back here, and then unloading the HGV when it arrives after my arrival. Then after Christmas I have to re-construct the cabin here. And why do I have to do this and it cost me just over £3K for the pleasure. Well, it's because I drunkenly bought the thing one night about a month ago. It was only when I woke up the next day that the true horror struck home. Ho hum!

Hope everybody is well, and in full control of their faculties. :)

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

That's a lovely idea, Lucy, thanks :) One potential issue with that, though, is that if I'm stewarding, I would need to get there the day before gates open. I know some people going a fair distance to a festival like to get most of the journey done, then camp or b&b nearby, so they don't have far to go on the first day, but I'm not sure if that's how you roll. Still, plenty of time to figure it out. 

Happy Friday, everyone! :)

Yes I thought of that afterwards! I've got a friend in Derby who goes to BT so it could be possible... let's see! :)

Happy Friday! Woo!