Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, gregory said:

They won't say, it's possible they're waiting for an artist to announce a tour first or something. In which case, if it's an American act, could be 8pm ish. Just guessing, bored of refreshing. Haha. 

Lana Del Rey is announcing something at 5pm Spain time, 4pm UK time so she could be the last act? Would also fit with the acts announced thus far.

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

xx are announcing a bunch of festival dates today / someone is claiming Lorde was announced here, but might be a troll. http://www.lavanguardia.com/ocio/20140313/54403358675/lorde-mia-cierre-cartel-mad-cool-madrid-2017.html 

If not, Lana is a good shout, but she seems destined for Benicassim. 

Any of those acts would make sense, we'll have to wait and see. I'm guessing it won't be until late afternoon now.

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

xx are announcing a bunch of festival dates today / someone is claiming Lorde was announced here, but might be a troll. http://www.lavanguardia.com/ocio/20140313/54403358675/lorde-mia-cierre-cartel-mad-cool-madrid-2017.html 

If not, Lana is a good shout, but she seems destined for Benicassim. 

This is a fake link created in Azkena forum. If you click there, there is not info about Mad Cool. If you want information about spanish festivals, don't enter there. All people is ALWAYS trolling. It's a funny place, but all that is written there is fake info.

I think it would be logical to announce Lana Del Rey, MIA, Peter, Bjorn & John and Trentemoller today at 4pm UK/5pm Spain time as Mad Cools other announcements were in the mornings and why wait until today to announce bands when they could have finished the rest of the lineup a few weeks ago? Looking at the tweet from Lana Del Rey's page it looks like she wanted to wait until today to announce a few concerts/festivals which would make sense as to why the announcement has been held up.

The thing with the Lana announcement, is it clear it's going to be shows/festivals? And if yes, not every country time zone listed will have shows, doubt she's going to be playing in Vietnam for example. Anyway, that's live on instagram from 5pm Spanish time, so 6pm for MC does kinda make sense. But I'd have thought she would play Benicassim. 

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

...yeah so the Lana "announcement" was just a music video

I'm so confused as to why they've left the announcement so late. I wonder if this 1 last act will be worthwhile. Seems odd to give clues on 3/4 acts too. Probably a random Spanish act and the other 3 we know that we've been waiting round for.  

Just now, foolee said:

I'm so confused as to why they've left the announcement so late. I wonder if this 1 last act will be worthwhile. Seems odd to give clues on 3/4 acts too. Probably a random Spanish act and the other 3 we know that we've been waiting round for.  

The reason is that a radio programm is going to announce the final names, and this programm starts at 6pm (Spanish Time)

13 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

The reason is that a radio programm is going to announce the final names, and this programm starts at 6pm (Spanish Time)

I didn't realize this was the case, makes sense.

10 minutes ago, gregory said:

@PakitoIbz @petete003 Igual ninguno es americano... ;)

None of the acts are American.

Definitely not Lana then.

11 minutes ago, gregory said:

@PakitoIbz @petete003 Igual ninguno es americano... ;)

None of the acts are American.

Oh well... that's bad, but still there's a chance for Bush, Manic Street preachers! Gogol Bordello

The 4th one is not coming today they said on twitter.

It better be a big one. I guess it is either a name that hasn't been announced yet for any festival this summer or a name that is already playing another Spanish festival. I can't think of any other reason to postpone the announcement.