Ticket Competitions

cb4747

Just now, StoneCircle said:

I tweeted and did multiple Facebook postts about my with ! Who on earth wouldn't? Happiest day in the last 8 months!!! :)

I saw that! Exactly the right response (and informs everyone else haha). I had all my tweets written in my head for 'when' I got secret sale tickets...jumping the gun, always the downfall

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

The dude who won via EE doesn't seem to be much of a tweeter. Maybe none of these winners are either!

I'm certainly no tweeter but if I received the message that I'd won via that medium I'd be blasting out the hurrahs in a number of repetitive tweets and replying to EE with way too many pleasantries. It'd all be quite unbecoming of me I'm sure. 

2 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

I'm certainly no tweeter but if I received the message that I'd won via that medium I'd be blasting out the hurrahs in a number of repetitive tweets and replying to EE with way too many pleasantries. It'd all be quite unbecoming of me I'm sure. 

100% agree with that, but yeah by all accounts he gave nothing away about being remotely fussed. I can't believe some people don't try and flog them elsewhere anyway, in which case you might not want to publicise it a whole lot

31 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

100% agree with that, but yeah by all accounts he gave nothing away about being remotely fussed. I can't believe some people don't try and flog them elsewhere anyway, in which case you might not want to publicise it a whole lot

There should be a clause that says you have to be super grateful for winning the tickets or you don't get to keep them! :P 

7 minutes ago, Gemsie85 said:

There should be a clause that says you have to be super grateful for winning the tickets or you don't get to keep them! :P 

I'm sure this forum could come up with any number of clauses to add to competitions for tickets at the moment...all of them totally unbiased ;)

Edited by emilyboris

1 hour ago, august1 said:

reality has kicked in that im not going, pretty sickening tbh :(

sitting at the top of park watching the sunset on a wednesday looking after the site is a feeling ill never tire of, just gonna be a 2 year wait for it

DON'T.....

1 hour ago, august1 said:

sitting at the top of park watching the sunset on a wednesday looking after the site is a feeling ill never tire of, just gonna be a 2 year wait for it

Come on, keep the faith, I am positive a few more of you will win , don't give in, you have  dedicated too much time to do that x

I've just entered the Glastonburied comp and wanted to offload... I know it's a great idea for a comp but after all we've been through to get tickets I can't help feeling that it's abit of a piss take! To have to scrutinise THE GRID etc and guess at the answers which dosent even guarantee you to get an entry to actually win tickets.... well it's all abit much for me. Saying that I will continue to fight for it. Good Luck Everyone.

13 minutes ago, Katir said:

I've just entered the Glastonburied comp and wanted to offload... I know it's a great idea for a comp but after all we've been through to get tickets I can't help feeling that it's abit of a piss take! To have to scrutinise THE GRID etc and guess at the answers which dosent even guarantee you to get an entry to actually win tickets.... well it's all abit much for me. Saying that I will continue to fight for it. Good Luck Everyone.

Totally understand some of that frustration, but your choice of grid square is still an entry, as it's just another draw. If anything, those of us who've been making the effort over all this time should be looking at this as a better competition, as it rewards an extra bit of effort-reading the t&cs to not invalidate entry, think about what squares might provide you with better odds, ensuring the other person in your pair uses their 3 entries etc. I know that in the end there's not loads you can do to improve your odds by too much, but with a 'fill in your details' comp you're entirely at the mercy of the number of entries!

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

Totally understand some of that frustration, but your choice of grid square is still an entry, as it's just another draw. If anything, those of us who've been making the effort over all this time should be looking at this as a better competition, as it rewards an extra bit of effort-reading the t&cs to not invalidate entry, think about what squares might provide you with better odds, ensuring the other person in your pair uses their 3 entries etc. I know that in the end there's not loads you can do to improve your odds by too much, but with a 'fill in your details' comp you're entirely at the mercy of the number of entries!

I know but still feels tough some how. Thanks for the encouragement!

3 minutes ago, Katir said:

I know but still feels tough some how. Thanks for the encouragement!

Definitely-it's quite daunting having the pressure of choosing the squares, as you're sort of your own barrier to getting into that end draw. With simply filling in a form, there's literally nothing else you can do, so you can't be worried if there's anything you should have done differently! Both are down to luck in the end, and the odds for this aren't terrible.

Because I should be revising again, I thought I'd have another look at what locations might serve you better. I think I counted a total of 235 totally whole squares within the boundary (I'm assuming it's only whole squares), so the odds of you getting the square correct is a bit better than 1/100. 

Some squares only have 1/2 entries at the moment-there's at least one with none. Others have upwards of 10. Well worth checking on twitter before you pick!

8 hours ago, august1 said:

Chin up dude, don't lose faith, my buddy and myself had a 5 year wait to tickets again, we never lost hope that we would go again.

What's everyone entering for the 'Your Newspaper' bit for the Bristol Post competition - leaving it blank or picking a random newspaper? I'm not sure it's really credible that I'm reading a West Country newspaper when I've got a London postcode!

16 minutes ago, musky said:

What's everyone entering for the 'Your Newspaper' bit for the Bristol Post competition - leaving it blank or picking a random newspaper? I'm not sure it's really credible that I'm reading a West Country newspaper when I've got a London postcode!

The boy lives in Somerset so I put his local paper down. The competition rules are no purchase necessary so it doesn't matter if your postcode is different just pick whatever one you saw online :) 

6 minutes ago, emmett milbarge said:

yeah 2009 last time we got tickets, we both had kids in-between which helped :) this year though we have them, it's gonna be special, no 5am wake up calls lol

Wow that must have been the best feeling this year when you got them! Really glad you're getting to go. Hope you have the most amazing time!!! Would be great to get your opinion after on the changes that have happened since you last went 

7 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Wow that must have been the best feeling this year when you got them! Really glad you're getting to go. Hope you have the most amazing time!!! Would be great to get your opinion after on the changes that have happened since you last went 

I still pinch myself and keep having glasto dreams, it's like you have come home when you get there a feeling of belonging, will try and post a review of changes, I think when I go next time I will take my eldest with me, which will change glasto for me, he will be 5 so we would go to the kidz field etc.

19 minutes ago, emmett milbarge said:

I still pinch myself and keep having glasto dreams, it's like you have come home when you get there a feeling of belonging, will try and post a review of changes, I think when I go next time I will take my eldest with me, which will change glasto for me, he will be 5 so we would go to the kidz field etc.

It's well worth considering, we take our kids along with us when we go, youngest was 2 when we first took him. Glasto with kids is magical in a whole new way!

56 minutes ago, musky said:

You could've been visiting and bought a paper then. That's my story if I get pulled out of the hat. 

41 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

The boy lives in Somerset so I put his local paper down. The competition rules are no purchase necessary so it doesn't matter if your postcode is different just pick whatever one you saw online :) 

I bought the Bristol Post on-line via the App Store just so I could check out the competition