Ticket Competitions

cb4747

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question the T&C's in the EE comp state that the winner and the guest have to be 18 or over.  I was hoping to take my daughter as my guest if I were to win any comp.  She will be 16.  I just had a look at my registration and nowhere does it say your date of birth so she is a very tall girl! Could I just say she is 18? I know I won't win but just in case I do! 

Completely recommend reading all T&Cs thoroughly (especially for something like that EE comp!), but I really doubt you'll find any competition giving away a single ticket. 

Guessing no one who's online/able to check right now from here has got the all-important message from EE yet? 

Just tracked the EE competition hashtag again. Over 1000 uses in a reply, but a number tweeted after 9am (which I'm sure will continue) so aren't valid obviously. Also, as someone mentioned above, if you leave a space between the letter coordinate and number coordinate, it's not a valid entry. 

Seems like a pretty low number of entries if you think about it. Given 3 entries pp there's a minimum of about 330 people entering (it's more because some people didn't realise this, obviously).

I'm pretty pissed because H15 was one of my 3 guesses! There were only 8 people who guessed correctly and it looks like two of those entries weren't valid. Fate is not on my side. 

Edited by emilyboris

7 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Just tracked the EE competition hashtag again. Over 1000 uses in a reply, but a number tweeted after 9am (which I'm sure will continue) so aren't valid obviously. Also, as someone mentioned above, if you leave a space between the letter coordinate and number coordinate, it's not a valid entry. 

Seems like a pretty low number of entries if you think about it. Given 3 entries pp there's a minimum of about 330 people entering (it's more because some people didn't realise this, obviously).

I'm pretty pissed because H15 was one of my 3 guesses! There were only 8 people who guessed correctly. Fate is not on my side. 

Hi guys, I've been lurky lurking for weeks, just wanted to pop up and say it looks like the winner of the ee comp only entered at 8.59am this morning. How jammy is that?!

Also, why does the T&Cs say June? Is that a mistake or will there be another week of comps? EDIT, those are the 2015 rules posted above.Learn to read, GB!

Best of luck

Edited by georgiebarn
I'm an idiot.

23 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

I have a question the T&C's in the EE comp state that the winner and the guest have to be 18 or over.  I was hoping to take my daughter as my guest if I were to win any comp.  She will be 16.  I just had a look at my registration and nowhere does it say your date of birth so she is a very tall girl! Could I just say she is 18? I know I won't win but just in case I do! 

2 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

Have had a look and can't collect a prize without photo ID! The only chance I would have would be to pretend she was under 13 but she looks a lot older! 

They won't be asking for your reg details or anything so that bit wouldn't matter. I'd be interested to know how strictly they enforce the over 18 rule for both guests at the gate-I understand why they have it as a condition, but it doesn't really seem like something they'd be too bothered about when handing over tickets. But obviously the photo ID thing is an issue, and probably partly in place to stop under 18s claiming tickets maybe? 

Get her a fake ID (if she doesn't already have one!) haha

3 minutes ago, georgiebarn said:

Hi guys, I've been lurky lurking for weeks, just wanted to pop up and say it looks like the winner of the ee comp only entered at 8.59am this morning. How jammy is that?!

Also, why does the T&Cs say June? Is that a mistake or will there be another week of comps?

Best of luck

Those T&Cs are from last years comp. These are the relevant ones http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/everything-everywhere/documents/Glastonburied%20Competition%20Terms%202016%20Final%20170516.pdf

Yep he was the last one to guess it, got it just in time! I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now. 

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

They won't be asking for your reg details or anything so that bit wouldn't matter. I'd be interested to know how strictly they enforce the over 18 rule for both guests at the gate-I understand why they have it as a condition, but it doesn't really seem like something they'd be too bothered about when handing over tickets. But obviously the photo ID thing is an issue, and probably partly in place to stop under 18s claiming tickets maybe? 

Get her a fake ID (if she doesn't already have one!) haha

I was just thinking of giving up altogether! I can't cope with this anymore!!! I think I would have to look in to fake ID:rofl:

6 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Yep he was the last one to guess it, got it just in time! I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now. 

Gadzooks I guessed H15 too! So that's two of us on here out of the 8 that got pipped by mr last minute probably works at EE.

Edited by Mandroman

2 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

I was just thinking of giving up altogether! I can't cope with this anymore!!! I think I would have to look in to fake ID:rofl:

Don't worry about if for now just keep trying to win tickets! Cross one bridge at a time!

Just now, rachelhop said:

It's your call of course! I think most of the comps have similar rules re the ages of the winners, but the photo ID thing is obviously to deter touting. So in my head, if I was trying to 'get round it', I would have thought that the main person bringing gov approved photo ID (passport/driving license) and the guest bringing photo ID w/out DOB (e.g. a student card of some sort) might be sufficient (especially if you also printed off their reg details). And then I'd think fake ID might do the trick. 

Obviously the only thing is that if it doesn't work, not only will you both be gutted, but you'll have unfortunately scrapped two tickets from being used half-knowingly. Tricky!

3 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

Gadzooks I guessed H15 too! So that's two of us on here out of the 8 that got pipped by mr last minute probably works at EE.

Are you the one who guessed all at once? If so, I'd recommend entering them separately today as there's a chance those might not be valid

2 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

It's your call of course! I think most of the comps have similar rules re the ages of the winners, but the photo ID thing is obviously to deter touting. So in my head, if I was trying to 'get round it', I would have thought that the main person bringing gov approved photo ID (passport/driving license) and the guest bringing photo ID w/out DOB (e.g. a student card of some sort) might be sufficient (especially if you also printed off their reg details). And then I'd think fake ID might do the trick. 

Obviously the only thing is that if it doesn't work, not only will you both be gutted, but you'll have unfortunately scrapped two tickets from being used half-knowingly. Tricky!

I know It's very tricky!!!! The other option is to put my husband on the other ticket and like I said earlier try and get her in as a child...I have one 7 year old he's fine one 13 year old who defo looks younger and then her. I could take a copy of a friends birth certificate who is 12 and say she is my niece!  There are some very tall looking 12 year olds these days! All shapes and sizes so if I had a certificate they couldn't refuse.  My husband isn't bothered if he comes or not as he loves to work! Which is why I thought I could take her as my guest instead.

1 minute ago, rachelhop said:

I know It's very tricky!!!! The other option is to put my husband on the other ticket and like I said earlier try and get her in as a child...I have one 7 year old he's fine one 13 year old who defo looks younger and then her. I could take a copy of a friends birth certificate who is 12 and say she is my niece!  There are some very tall looking 12 year olds these days! All shapes and sizes so if I had a certificate they couldn't refuse.  My husband isn't bothered if he comes or not as he loves to work! Which is why I thought I could take her as my guest instead.

Not gonna lie, I'd be pretty astounded if you could pass off any 16 year old as looking under 13! 

1 minute ago, rachelhop said:

This is a good idea. One the stewards managed to get her 13 year old a job so I think either way there is room for success!

10 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Are you the one who guessed all at once? If so, I'd recommend entering them separately today as there's a chance those might not be valid

I did but only after checking t&cs and the official EE responses who asked people to submit/resubmit their guesses using the plural. Will definitely be submitting separate guesses from now though so ta for the suggestion.