Truck 2016

Flaminglippy

1 hour ago, peruvianjoco said:

Ynot has been announced and has an almost identical lineup to Truck so far...

Does this mean we can expect the last headline spot to go to someone like Noel or The Hives? 

Same organisers (Y Not, Truck, and Tramlines) past few years as seen a lot of cross over

Last years line ups...

TRUCK-BLOG-3RD-LINEUP-01-880x488.png

B-r7DdYXEAAtJYa-467x700.jpg

CDxzHC3WgAAzm0d.png

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/8/2016 at 10:38 PM, craigb said:

Same organisers (Y Not, Truck, and Tramlines) past few years as seen a lot of cross over

Last years line ups...

TRUCK-BLOG-3RD-LINEUP-01-880x488.png

B-r7DdYXEAAtJYa-467x700.jpg

CDxzHC3WgAAzm0d.png

Ooh, looked at Tramline's lineup and looks like Dizzee Rascal is headlining.

Truck already have two Rock acts, and based on the fact there is usually overlap I could see Dizzee taking the last spot tbh.

On 10/02/2016 at 11:47 AM, peruvianjoco said:

12 hours ago, glastobuds said:

Never been to truck. Is it friendly and ok for families ? What's the age mix? How far from the car park to the camping? Love festivals - hate hassle! 

Yeah...missed last year but went to a few before that and it was great. Didn't see any trouble at all.

Good mix of ages, from nippers to pensioners, very kid friendly. Met loads of sound people. The site itself is pretty small so its only a little walk from the car park to camp site (probably 10 minutes if that). Take your own booze and food in but the stuff in the arena is very reasonably priced for a festival.

Taking my daughter who will be 10 months old so should give you an idea how safe I found it.   

12 hours ago, glastobuds said:

Never been to truck. Is it friendly and ok for families ? What's the age mix? How far from the car park to the camping? Love festivals - hate hassle! 

There's a separate family camping area and a children's area inside the arena. It doesn't go as far as Camp Bestival but they have things like storytime and arts and crafts workshops. The layout is pretty simple and concise so older kids should be able to wander without much worry about getting lost. All very friendly.

31 minutes ago, glastobuds said:

Sounds great already - thanks for the info. I'm seriously tempted now. Just waiting on the line ups from other festivals . Anyone remember when it sold out last year and do you think based on current line up will it do so this year? 

From the Facebook updates looks like selling very well, on 5th Feb they said sales were up 95% on the same time last year. Reckon it will definitely sell out, more a question of when. 

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

"We are pleased to announce MR MOTIVATOR will be joining us to provide a hangover-shaking workout at #TRUCK2016"

Saw him at Y Not last year and he was actually quite entertaining! Got a pretty decent sized crowd of people who were very clearly suffering from the previous night

3 hours ago, RedBalloon said:

Thoughts on the idea of Madness headlining? 

Wouldn't be surprised with someone like the Maccabees. Wolf Alice could defo play sub or even headline position I think.

Not outside the realms of possibility as they seem to be doing the rounds and I'd personally be happy with them. Still think Dizzy is a good shout mind.

On 19/02/2016 at 10:50 PM, rawaudioinput said:

I could see The Maccabees angling to headline Latitude so would be very surprised if they popped up at Truck

bloooody hell that is awesome for them! 

On 20/02/2016 at 8:56 AM, johnl said:

How about The Coral. They are doing a few shows or are they not loud enough for Truck?

yeah that isn't a bad shout, I think though that with MSP headlining already it is a little bit samey? appealing to the same audience as such. I reckon they might go for someone who will appeal to younger audience to go alongside CATB.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, peruvianjoco said:

2nd announcement soon, who can we see taking the final headliner and sub slots?

My money is still on Dizzee. Think its the Sunday headliner we're waiting for isn't it?

Wish they would dispense with using 'soon' and use 'this week', 'next week' etc etc.   

Edited by Flaminglippy

Just now, Flaminglippy said:

My money is still on Dizzee. Think its the Sunday headliner we're waiting for isn't it?

Wish they would dispense with using 'soon' and use 'this week', 'next week' etc etc.   

Yeah it is pretty annoying, but it seems most of the festival social media enjoy playing us around like that.

I'm personally hoping for The Hives - whether they are big enough to headline or just sub...

1 minute ago, peruvianjoco said:

Yeah it is pretty annoying, but it seems most of the festival social media enjoy playing us around like that.

I'm personally hoping for The Hives - whether they are big enough to headline or just sub...

Hives would sub at best I reckon. Great band...but basically 95% of the crowd would do one after 'Hate To Say I Told You So' I reckon.

Surprised Manics aren't headlining Sunday. Surely they will be the biggest draw of the weekend? How about Richard Ashcroft as Sunday night headliner? James maybe?    

2 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Hives would sub at best I reckon. Great band...but basically 95% of the crowd would do one after 'Hate To Say I Told You So' I reckon.

Surprised Manics aren't headlining Sunday. Surely they will be the biggest draw of the weekend? How about Richard Ashcroft as Sunday night headliner? James maybe?    

Only reason I thought Hives could maybe headline is because they're subbing Y-not and Catfish are also subbing...

I've personally never heard of Richard Ashcroft, I feel like they'll pick someone slightly more current though - there is already one 'older' headliner...

12 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Only reason I thought Hives could maybe headline is because they're subbing Y-not and Catfish are also subbing...

I've personally never heard of Richard Ashcroft, I feel like they'll pick someone slightly more current though - there is already one 'older' headliner...

He is the fella out the Verve.

Depends what crowd they're going after I suppose. At the risk of sounding like a right old fart, I'm hoping they're going to try and keep it aimed at a reasonably middle-aged bunch. The hoards of rampaging teens have the likes of V, Reading etc to go to.   

Just want it to appeal to people who want to have a few beers, like to get into the tunes etc. Hate going to festivals where the campsites are just littered with wrecked youngsters at 9am who have no interest whatsoever in the music      

Edited by Flaminglippy

• 2 weeks later...