Radio 1's Big Weekend 2014, Glasgow

Guest Zac Quinn

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between me and the issus we managed to get 6 pairs of tickets for each day (living opposite Glasgow Green does have its advantages).

Hoping for Fatboy Slim, Groove Armada, Annie Mac, Pete Tong and Rob Da Bank for the Friday.

Not too fussed about who's playing at this, its free :beach:

Aye, I imagine it'll be solely DJs on the Friday this year. It's not like they have the full Main Stage setup for that day like they had last year and I can't imagine them building a properly big stage in George Square for one night. Probably a very small stage with some production behind for the bigger DJs. I'm expecting B-Traits, Diplo, Toddla T, Rob Da Bank and Steve Angello to be announced (as they all have Radio 1 connections) with a final big headline name.

Beyonces tour is finished, I can't see them booking kanye to be fair. He's too much for big weekend.

Perry is in the country that weekend, free on the Sunday, I think it'l be her.

Kasabian are around too, album to promote and may want to put themselves back in the limelight again pre glasto. Would probably want some radio play with their new material too!

Avicii, If they are having a Dj headline the Friday, I reckon he'd be a safe bet, had a huge year and lots of radio one play.

katy perry also plays glasgow the week before big weekend. twice.

as has been said before, artists don't necessarily have to be touring to play big weekend

as for kanye being too big. i think you underestimate the size of bbc and radio 1.

i'm indifferent to avicii i just cant see glasgow city council allowing it after last year

katy perry also plays glasgow the week before big weekend. twice.

as has been said before, artists don't necessarily have to be touring to play big weekend

as for kanye being too big. i think you underestimate the size of bbc and radio 1.

i'm indifferent to avicii i just cant see glasgow city council allowing it after last year

Aye, I'd say Katy Perry looks set to headline. It doesn't matter if she's playing The Hydro the week before. As has been posted, this is simply seen as a promotional opportunity by many acts. She probably won't even do a full set, probably 45mins or so. But that's all that is needed. It would also explain why 'Dark Horse' has been on the A-List of the Radio 1 playlist for the last 8wks or so.

Aye, I'd say Katy Perry looks set to headline. It doesn't matter if she's playing The Hydro the week before. As has been posted, this is simply seen as a promotional opportunity by many acts. She probably won't even do a full set, probably 45mins or so. But that's all that is needed. It would also explain why 'Dark Horse' has been on the A-List of the Radio 1 playlist for the last 8wks or so.

yep Madonna only played six songs, for half an hour, and the extent of her "chatting shit about how much they love Radio 1" was permitting Jo Whiley a 90 second interview in the weeks beforehand - on the condition she flew all the way to New York just to do it. If Katy Perry wanted to do 45 minutes - and IIRC she only did 35 minutes at the iTunes Festival - she would only do 45 minutes.