Rock am Ring 2014

Guest beards

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alligatoah, Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, Babyshambles, Booka Shade, Die Fantastischen Vier, Fall Out Boy, Ghost, Gogol Bordello, Gojira, Heaven Shall Burn, In Extremo, In Flames, Jake Bugg, Jan Delay & Disko No. 1, John Newman, Klangkarussell Live, Kvelertak, Left Boy, Mando Diao, Marteria, Mastodon, Maximo Park, Milky Chance, Nine Inch Nails, Of Mice & Men, Opeth, Portugal. The Man, Queens Of The Stone Age, Rob Zombie, SDP, Sierra Kidd, Slayer, Suicide Silence, Teesy, The Offspring, u.v.m.

What a line up.

Blows everything else away really

2 of Downloads headliners - Linkin Park and Avenged Sevenfold

2 of Sonispheres headliners - Metallica and Iron Maiden

1 of Downloads second stage headliners - The Offspring

all 3 of Downloads main stage subs - Alter Bridge, Rob Zombie and Fall Out Boy

1 of Readings headliners - QOTSA

Plus also Kings of Leon and NIN

and then an undercard of In Flames, Babyshambles, Slayer and Mastodon amongst others.

Pretty impressive and this is with Germany having other major festivals too just like the UK does, kinda puts the UK to shame.

Hurricane and Southside has Arcade Fire, Interpol, Pixies, Elbow, Belle & Sebastian, 1975, BMTH, Volbeat, Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly amongest others which is pretty damn good too.

I'm gonna buy my ticket next week, I can't hold out anymore. I'm waiting for a start date for a job that might possibly be on the Monday after the festival, but there's no way I can miss this festival, the line up is too good! So happy with the line up, NIN, QOTSA, Alter Bridge, Offspring, Ghost BC, and Gogol Bordello in particular. Amazing line up!

driving is actually cheaper and a lot better than flying.

I looked into it the other way round - driving from Germany to a festival in England this year - it worked out cheaper if you're two people in the car. even more if you're 3 of course.

and the largest bonus: you can take a boot load of beer and other stuff with you and don't have to see about buying and carrying all of your stuff once you've landed or whenever. don't have to worry about trains and connections etc.

Edited by Operator

driving is actually cheaper and a lot better than flying.

I looked into it the other way round - driving from Germany to a festival in England this year - it worked out cheaper if you're two people in the car. even more if you're 3 of course.

and the largest bonus: you can take a boot load of beer and other stuff with you and don't have to see about buying and carrying all of your stuff once you've landed or whenever. don't have to worry about trains and connections etc.

Parking is included. Nordschleife is an old part of the track that I think they now use for camping so that ticket will mean you don't have to go in the general camping area. I'm not sure what a kombiticket is... As long as the festivalticket states that it includes camping then you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure that all tickets include camping due to how remote the festival is.

definitely one thing german festivals need to gear up on - an english website :)

"nordschleife" means the north curve (sort of). as beards put it correctly, it's an extra camping site - THE ONLY ONE YOU NEED TO PAY EXTRA FOR. all others are included in the ticket price.

you camp on the race track with an extra "nordschleife" ticket and you can park your car directly next to your tent. IMPORTANT: the nordschleife ticket only gets you into the extra camping area, it doesn't include the festival ticket itself.

if I remember right (from 2010), parking is also included in all tickets. if not it'll only be about 5 euros. german parking is quite humane compared to england stadium parking e.g.

Right looks like I'm doing my first Rock Am Ring. First mainland Europe festival as well. Going on my own at the moment but should be fun. Lineup is brilliant. I'm going with Argon Events so will be coaching it there. Am I able to get money out on site or is it best to just get as much as I need before I go? (I don't like carrying a lot of money). Also what with coaching it not going to be able to take much alcohol so are there any shops in walking distance? If not can I buy crates on site? Do I need to know much German to get by? I want to start learning the language but can't imagine will be that well versed in it within such a short period of time. Sorry for all the questions. There will probably be more...

Right looks like I'm doing my first Rock Am Ring. First mainland Europe festival as well. Going on my own at the moment but should be fun. Lineup is brilliant. I'm going with Argon Events so will be coaching it there. Am I able to get money out on site or is it best to just get as much as I need before I go? (I don't like carrying a lot of money). Also what with coaching it not going to be able to take much alcohol so are there any shops in walking distance? If not can I buy crates on site? Do I need to know much German to get by? I want to start learning the language but can't imagine will be that well versed in it within such a short period of time. Sorry for all the questions. There will probably be more...

Hello! I believe there are cash machines near the entrance to the arena, I have no idea how much they cost. However, I believe at the pubs near the arena, you can get free cash back... I've always had enough cash with me so I wouldn't take that as absolute gospel, but I'm fairly sure that is the case!

There are places to buy crates of beer, there's a shop on the road next to the nurburgring and there's also a warehouse thing a bit further away, you might have to explore a bit to find them but you should find them easy enough.

From my experience, the Germans love meeting English people and are understandably proud of their language skills. You need to know basically no German, at the very least if you want a smoother time at the bars, work on your pronunciation of 'ein bier'!

If you have any more questions then let me know!

• 2 weeks later...