Rock am Ring 2014

Guest beards

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

the stages are within a short walking distance. theoretically you can get from the main stage to the alternastage within a minute or two.

with the crowds around it takes a bit longer. and the bands play simultaneously or at least overlap, depending on which stage-change you're making.

Question answered?

Do the buses that run around the area stop in little towns/villages where you can get stocked up on beer & food? Trying to travel over as light as possible. We'll have a fair bit of free time once we have pitched up on Wednesday so if it takes a bit of time thats not an issue. Or is there somewhere you can walk to?

• 4 weeks later...

ahhh see what you mean, nice idea and rock im park is of course further away.

as an alternative: maybe look for some other concerts in the area. For Germany e.g. see what www.eventim.de has to offer or mlk.com (= organiser of RAR and RIP)

Hi,

I'm travelling to Rock Am Ring by car from Essex, think we're pretty much sorted on the journey and where we we're stopping on the way (making a road trip out of it!)

Only question I have, we bought Nordschleifenticket, quite like the idea of camping next to our car. Do you know when we can enter the camping with this ticket? Is it on the 5th?

And when do we exit? Only reason I ask is the ticket says 5th - 8th (same as the actual festival ticket)

Hi,

I'm travelling to Rock Am Ring by car from Essex, think we're pretty much sorted on the journey and where we we're stopping on the way (making a road trip out of it!)

Only question I have, we bought Nordschleifenticket, quite like the idea of camping next to our car. Do you know when we can enter the camping with this ticket? Is it on the 5th?

And when do we exit? Only reason I ask is the ticket says 5th - 8th (same as the actual festival ticket)

Nice to see the timetable up. Some bad clashes unfortunately but still very happy with what I'm going to see. Reckon at the moment I'm going with:

Thursday all day at Centerstage. Not a huge fan of any of the bands but really like The Offspring and will be checking out the rest. Klangkarussell sounds like it will be a fun end to the first night. Will be interesting to see who the special guests is.

Friday:

Battlecross, Lonely the Brave, Rival Sons, The Fratellis, Portugal. The Man, Awolnation, Kasabian, Crystal Fighters, Editors, Queens of the Stone Age and Nine Inch Nails (that run of the last three has to be one of the best band runs I've ever had at a fest)

Saturday:

Nothing More, Josh Record, The Pretty Reckless, Karnivool, Kvelertak, Fall Out Boy, Young the Giant, Slayer, Linkin Park (absolutely gutted with Rob Zombie clash) and Booka Shade.

Sunday:

The Treatment, Nessi, Black Stone Cherry, Trivium, Chevelle, Haim, Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica.

Edited by SOAD

Day tix for Rock am Ring and Rock im Park are available after all.

Here's the link for Rock im Park ("Tageskarte" = Day Tix, Do=Thursday, Fr=Friday, etc.):

http://www.eventim.de/rock-am-ring-2014-Tickets.html?affiliate=MNA&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=1097196&xtcr=2&xtmc=riprar&xtnp=1

Edited by Operator

official answer: you aren't able to camp if you only buy day tix. only the full weekend ticket buyers can camp and that's included in the price

unofficial answer: just take your tent and set it up. The camping sites are completely open and there aren't any security people that check your wristband. There are a lot of people who go to Rock am Ring and just camp there without having a ticket and actually going to the festival.